1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

background Internet monitoring software (is there such a thing)

Discussion in 'General Software' started by matthew-r88, Mar 19, 2009.

1. matthew-r88

matthew-r88 Member

Hey ppl,

Here's my dilemma, well it's not my dilemma its the bosses.

Because she wont fire the lazy ass trainee we got who if left by himself spends hours on various youtube, fanfiction, wow sites etc.

Ussually he's passing off the time as "training" using an online training database.

Tried redirecting pages i know he spends time on to 127.0.0.1 and that worked but he just finds new shit to waste his time on

I've already explained that Alt-Tab fools no-one and yes i can check the internet cache but that doesnt allow me to track length of time on any particualar site

HERE"S THE FUCKIN KICKER

His dad is our service manager :mad:

so little to no chance of him pulling him up, i dont really have any say in it nor do i care but when i give him a job that should take max an hour it will most of the time take him 2 and its not a learning curve (more like a lazyness curve)

so to prove this to the boss im looking for a way to either monitor time spent on other sites not the training BD, is there software to do this?

if so how good is it, my other option i was thinking was some sort of hidden desktop connection where the boss could monitor just what he is doing

PS: sorry for the rant but other than the threat of physical violence (which would more likely end up with me getting the ass) im not sure what left to do.

2. aznpsuazn

aznpsuazn Member

This sounds more like a behavioural problem, and should be delt with accordingly. I don't see how you're going to address the issue by setting up covert ops.

3. Paul Warren

Paul Warren Member

Random verses bosses kid.

You are going to fail, no matter what you do.

4. jab_au

jab_au Member

Totally agreed, it's the bosses kid, move on your only going to hurt yourself.

5. stablez

stablez Member

Put a time limit program on it they have in library's.
    Say its for savings on the isp bill.
    Other than that. Just tell the boss.
    Nothing harmed in asking a direct question.
    No harm.