1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Battlefield 1

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by JugV2, Dec 15, 2015.

1. miicah

miicah Member

Any word on if the M1911 will be available without preorder? I remember you could only get it in BC2 if you preordered, not sure if they ever went back on that.

2. metalrain

metalrain Member

After the BF4 launch fiasco, I won't be pre-ordering BF1. I'll wait it out until the servers are actually playable.

That said I'll probably fork out for the BF1 Premium Edition as well as I have for both BF3 and BF4...

3. Paulie_AU

Paulie_AU Member

What is the problem? I am currently running the first recon rifle and second assault rifle in BF4. They both do the job nicely they just have traits. Fuck I stuck with the first engineer carbine for 1500 kills and still go back to it occasionally for particular maps.

Having shit to unlock is something to do. A lot of the guys have been getting every gun to 500 kill whether they like them or not.

4. XxNOUGHTxX

XxNOUGHTxX Member

To be honest ,I didn't actually know,just thought the base game was the same.

5. XanaTos

XanaTos Member

Must be getting to old for this shit.

I like using different sights with different gun and hated the unlocks. Like the standard iron sight, I couldn't hit shit with it but you had to eat a lot of shit before you could unlock shit.

I really don't like to die just cos you're unlocking gear that sucks.

6. havabeer

havabeer Member

because it forces you to play/gives you something to play towards rather then just shooting for the fun,

its meant to keep things new and exciting for you like when the missus brings home a new sex toy or school girl out fit

7. XanaTos

XanaTos Member

Game shouldn't force you to do anything but play to have fun.

Not everyone likes to unlock weapon they think they already should have. How about unlocking cosmetic stuff, i'm alot of people would be happy with that.

8. Ogre

Ogre Member

But really, it isn't forcing you. It's a shooter you have to shoot people, you unlock things by shooting people.

You unlock things so quickly in BF3/4 that it didn't matter anyway, battlepack every level, first scope is either 10 or 20 kills depending on the gun

9. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

For those interested in the weaponry available in the upcoming WWI FPS extravaganza VG247 has provided a handy list of "every weapon confirmed so far". Check through the tabulated list below, to see if your favourites are listed. Remember this is not a definitive list, just the weapons that have been spotted in the trailer and gameplay video segments seen thus far. I've found a link for 'confirmed vehicles' too.

Spiked mace
    Trench spade
    Bolo knife: available in the Harlem Hellfighter pre-order pack in the Deluxe Edition
    Jambiya dagger: available in the Lawrence of Arabia pack in the Deluxe Edition
    Scimitar
    Bayonet

Trench shotgun: available in the Harlem Hellfighter pre-order pack
    Colt M1911 semi-automatic pistol: available in the Harlem Hellfighter pre-order pack
    Lee Enfield SMLE bolt-action rifle: a different skin is available in the Lawrence of Arabia pack
    P08 Luger pistol: available in the Red Baron Deluxe Edition
    Mauser C96 semi-automatic pistol
    MG08 machine gun: mounted and load-out weapon will be available
    Mauser 1918 T-Gewehr anti-tank rifle
    Mauser Gewehr 98 bolt-action rifle with side-mounted scope
    Springfield M1903 bolt-action rifle with side mounted scope
    MP 18 SMG
    Lewis Gun LMG
    Lifebuoy M1 flamethrower

Anti-tank grenade
    Smoke grenade
    Mustard gas grenade
    Gas mask
    Dynamite

https://www.vg247.com/2016/05/11/battlefield-1-every-weapon-confirmed-so-far/

Last edited: May 12, 2016
  10. Linkin

Linkin Member

meh. I'm not excited at all. I want a classic game where everything is there from the start and there's no exclusive bullshit. I loved playing the old medal of honor games splitscreen on the PS2. Counterstrike Source was released in 2004 and I still play it to this day, and enjoy it for a few simple reasons: Dedicated servers, no DLC or paid extra content, mod to your hearts content, it requires skill to be good at the game.

BF3 was good, it had its flaws and the major gameplay changes in the patches were a downside, as was the (in)frequency of the patches themselves. Back to Karkand was good, I like those sorts of maps but the gameplay wasn't sharp enough, needed to be more like ARMA focusing on tactics and precision. The chaos of small maps and the spamfest of metro had its' place... but the most fun I had in BF3 was always playing rush.

No one plays BF3 now, just like everyone has moved on to ARMA 3. I dislike the modern futuristic setting with made up weapons and vehicles. I want real world weapons and vehicles. That's why I love ARMA 2 / Arrowhead to this day. Sure it's clunky but you can adjust. Piloting helicopters and planes with a TrackIR or other headtracking device really adds to the immersion. I made a few vids of me using the TrackIR if anyone cares to watch. I'd love to see a big mainstream game make use of head tracking tech.

11. miicah

miicah Member

I agree, but I don't think major games studios will ever go back to that business model.

12. breno

breno Member

It looks good but I'm not really interested. I'm content with BF4. I was thinking, because of the different setting I wonder if there would be a huge migration from BF4 like from BF2>BF3 and BF3>BF4.
    I'm hoping that the BF4 community would still be largely active for some time to come.

13. SpicEwEazle

SpicEwEazle Member

in practice all it really does is reward more experienced players with better weaponry.

14. Everlong

Everlong Member

Breno I'd say you will have a large migration from BF4 to the new one, happens every time since BF1942. You might get a fair chunk drifting back tho, the WW1 setting may not be to a lot of peoples' liking.

Personally I will be dropping BF4 in a heartbeat, not that I play it much anymore.

15. aussie-revhead

aussie-revhead Member

50+% migration on launch, the rest will trickle over until BF4 is like BF3 now.

:thumbup:

16. radeon_freak

radeon_freak Member

Not sure why people are up in arms about the unlocks. Most of the time the basic weapons were better than the unlocks. And scopes etc were handed out so easy!

17. Dangerous1

Dangerous1 Member

I thinks it's all about perception, because the unlocks must be unlocked sequentially then people think they are better and for some they might be. I agree with your point though.

I thought that the original/starting weapons were perfectly fine and IMHO the later unlocked weapons did not have a significant advantage over the original weapons.

18. recoN

recoN Member

OCAU is full of old farts that can't let go of their golden years of CS and BF1942

19. Ogre

Ogre Member

Rose tinted glasses

20. rvrftw

rvrftw Member

They were still better back then... only problem was that i had to walk 4 km barefoot through the snow to get to the pc