1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Battlefield 1

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by JugV2, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Paulie_AU

Paulie_AU Member

Nope they are connected to the fact that most kids and their parents are ignorant fucktards. Acknowledging that then lets the marketing both inform and entice customers. Kids are more likely to know about the drone wars then real history.

Remember the general public are stupid, especially kids who will be picking what they want for Christmas from santa.

2. hawpinghaxbag

hawpinghaxbag Member

Lol, i have a motorbike with kickstart only, there is something pretty satisfying about it, but you get paranoid about stalling it in heavy traffic

Planes in ww1 needed the mechanic to spin the prop, or if out in the field, the pilot had to do it and then run around the wing and get into the cockpit. That reminds me, i wonder if Dice are going to stay true to the era and not give pilots parachutes

3. breno

breno Member

Or give anyone parachutes.

4. Dangerous1

Dangerous1 Member

Maybe they could give you an umbrella, so you can float around Mary Poppins style.

5. soho

soho Member

A little bit of gameplay squeezed into this short trailer.

6. Yerolo

Yerolo Member

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  7. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

awesome but gfx dont look anything special vs BF4.. nothing like the 'gameplay' they claim from earlier teasers.

8. pittster

pittster Member

looks like bf2/3/4 with skin pack add on which looks good to me hopefully it doesn't bomb like hardline and battlefront

9. Yerolo

Yerolo Member

The rain effects in the last vid I just linked in (The tank one) looks good with water reflections on the weapons and vehicles.

I watched the whole stream and I get a strong BF1942 vibe from it (which is never, ever a bad thing); its all very gritty which I like. I think they did great by going down the WW1 setting path

10. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

This is such a refreshing change, very much looking forward to it. :thumbup:

11. Ghoatman

Ghoatman Member

A channel I follow had a bit of a look at the weapons in the trailer from an historical perspective.

I hope they don't stray too far from historical accuracy. Obviously they need to make it fun and it's not supposed to be realistic.

12. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

It needs to be fun, they had to stretch the gun realism to keep it that way. I am surprised how well its looking in that regard, A few of us were expecting bolt action rifles mostly..

13. samo

samo Member

was hoping the game play would be slowed a little with the WW1 theme. More emphasis on bolt actions and with it an increase in the learning/skill curve. I guess those glory days of gaming are well and truly gone. Now it's all dollars and appealing to the children just in time for Christmas.

God forbid if you actually have to learn the mechanics of a game to be good at it..

14. sparz14

sparz14 Member

Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  15. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

That's awesome! Snoop the noob playing with a controller loool. :thumbup:

And StoneMountain is also there. Man this game looks awesome :thumbup:

16. SpicEwEazle

SpicEwEazle Member

This is about as authentically world war 1 as the "flaming onion" is authentically Australian.

17. hawpinghaxbag

hawpinghaxbag Member

Who cares, it looks fun

Im sure they'll balance the semi-auto (eg mondragon 1908) and bolt action rifles well against the potential noob cannons like the mp18 and lewis/madsen LMGs ect

There were plenty of guns that existed in that era that wernt widely used or came in during the final weeks of the war , the BAR for example

18. shizmo

shizmo Member

Legit looks super fun... I left the series after BF3, stuck with Bad Company 2 then left for greener pastures.

But this has me frothing, i just hope they don't fuck us over with over the top DLC wall or some other gimick to make enjoying gaming on PC harder...

19. XxNOUGHTxX

XxNOUGHTxX Member

The gameplay looks good.Looks like they are going back to the destructible environments of BC2:thumbup:.

20. [AOB]TommO

[AOB]TommO Member