Battlefield 1

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by JugV2, Dec 15, 2015.

1. cbb1935

cbb1935 Guest

Gives you 4 expansion packs.

Also in my case it was a no brainer.

Buy XBOX 1 and get game free.. so $59 for Premium Pass is effectively what the game owes me.

2. josh1990

josh1990 Member

Fucking Lebel Sniper is a beast! Can't wait to unlock infantry version

3. hawpinghaxbag

hawpinghaxbag Member

Enjoying new maps

4. sugaris

sugaris Member

Ditto... it took too long to come tho... seriously the other maps have been played to death and I was sick of them. If i ever see the desert map again i will knife my own eyeballs. :lol:

5. Budginator

Budginator Member

Trying to get 20 headshots with the MP18 optical to earn one of the new Assault weapons... as a long time Automatico user it's proving annoying at best!

6. VL_BT1

VL_BT1 Member

And this is why I cant bring myself to pay for premium, among other reasons.

The maps do look good but Im in a love hate relationship with the base game. Sometimes its fun, other times completely the opposite.

But making me grind to get the new weapons is too much. Some would be relatively easy, but the headshot kills, Ill never achieve that

7. Budginator

Budginator Member

I agree, the MP18 annoys the hell out of me anyway. I've got 11 headshots now after 2 games last night, trying to ADS more.

8. Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle Member

9. Sindarin Ultra

Sindarin Ultra Member

I didn't mind the scout unlocks, but yeah far out 20 headshots with MPshitgun is taking forever.

Has anyone else had their unlock progress reset? I did 5 headshots with Russian 1895 Sniper and then in the next round it said I have 0/5 and had to do it again :thumbdn:

10. Rubberband

Rubberband Member

It's a horrible gun. Registered head shots still take 3+ hits to kill...such bs. But, got both the Ribeye steak and the shotty unlocked so happy now. Shame I don't like either of the unlocks *sigh*

I was unlocking the second Support gun, got my 15 kills with the Optical. Finished the round only to find they'd been lost...gg Dice. I hate that they force you to use the least enjoyable weapons.

I gave up and went on to start tediously mortar attacking, which is a freaking nightmare unless people are bunched together as only a direct hit = kill (very much like a mortar...not). By the time you do one hit, the fuckers bail so you're chasing a red dot which might be who you hit earlier. Great that they added 5 rounds instead of 4, but the lockout time is a joke.

You start getting shot and bail from the mortar but you don't pick it up??? I really dislike that bad luck from someone flanking you means you have to wait ages to reuse it, especially considering it's not that awesome anyway.

11. Sindarin Ultra

Sindarin Ultra Member

My plan was to throw an impact grenade at them and then aim for the head, hopefully dead in 1 shot haha

12. scips

scips Member

You need to do the other part first.

I did the same with the 1909 telescopic and was like oh goddammit when i needed 20 mortar kills :(

I've unlocked 5 out of the 8 new ones.
    Sniper is a beast once you change your play style a little, can be really rapid fire with the 8 shots just the longer reload at the end.

Hate the new assault rifle, support telescopic and the medic gun.....but agreed on the mp18 being horrible, ended up just hip fire spraying for top of their head, lost plenty of fights id usually win easily but got more headhsots than ADS and aiming for the nose :sick:

13. Rubberband

Rubberband Member

Just got the solider sniper and it's awesome. I never played Scout but as there were no ops running (again), I got bored and unlocked it.

Loved scout in BF4 as I would be a CQC spotter but it's not the same in BF1.

14. cbb1935

cbb1935 Guest

There's an easy way to unlock the new weapons.

Play with friends. Let them be dummies, and literally get nailed so you unlock. Then rinse and repeat the other way around.

Whoever thought of that system for unlocking new weapons is an idiot... it should be based on how long you play like everything else.

New maps are too closed in (in my opinion), Frontlines is way too lengthy (I've seen 1hr 30 minute games), and there are glaring oversights (e.g staying in your spawn zone with tanks and slaughtering your enemy).

Then theres really bad depth of field, quite a few glitches (ability to get stuck in scenery), possibly the shittiest new tank in the history of war games, and a completely pointless behemoth that in pre release was made to look way bigger than it is.

All in all I'd say this first release is a complete letdown.

Also seems like they've broken grenades, tripwire bombs, and made the other tanks weapons completely piss weak.

15. Rubberband

Rubberband Member

Just played the French op, bloody brilliant.

16. emett

emett Member

I'm such a hypocrite, ended up getting the maps last night. Had a few OK games.
    Does anyone else think the grfx of the new maps seem different. Like kind of pixelated?

17. VL_BT1

VL_BT1 Member

Do ribbons need to be switched on in the settings somewhere? I havent seen any pop up, but theyre meant to be in the game now?

18. Dilbery

Dilbery Member

Mine show up, maybe you're just not getting any ribbons?

19. VL_BT1

VL_BT1 Member

Yeah its a possibility, but then I see people on youtube getting 10 kills in a round ribbon and Im not seeing that yet have more than 10 kills

20. mr_s

mr_s Member

How satisfying is that iron sights shot at 200m eh?
    Aggressive scout is one of my fave playstyles

Woah, now THERE's a match I can get behind!
    I love lengthy matches

As for the releae, lel, you were expecting something different?
    It's DICE, OFC release is going to be shite