1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Battlefield 1

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by JugV2, Dec 15, 2015.

1. summoner

summoner Member

$25 buys a whole lot of salt.

2. summoner

summoner Member

All comes down to time vs effort for some. Personally I'll just buy it locally but i have zero qualms of someone going overseas to get it.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  3. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

hmm...i would suggest thinking before you post next time...but i'm worried you might hurt yourself trying.

yeah exactly, for the sake of a few bucks given time it takes fair enough. thats why i just use Ozgameshop for everything. always save heaps vs buying local and they do both keys and physical

4. pvtgonzo

pvtgonzo Member

shrug, I bought the Ultimate edt off Origin for 150... I know I'll get that back in entertainment value so I dont mind.

5. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

It's pretty objective really. If someone loved it so much then that's that, they won't be bothered with paying premium. If someone thought it was OK but doesn't quite love it, then that person will probably make an effort to get t from the cheapest place possible.

6. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

Yeah thats it really. It is ultimately so objective. Especially Battlefield games, where some spend a dozen hours, some spend thousands playing. Personally i always scout cheapest price among local retail vs a couple of online stores i always rely on. If it is a game im not sure about, will make every effort to save money just in case. Unless you feel the need to pledge support to a certain game/dev, i just dont see why you wouldnt. Again, objective approach.

7. Ogre

Ogre Member

I think you mean subjective :)

8. shanef

shanef Member

Why bother thinking, i'd stand out like balls on your dog around here.

Honestly though, how long have you spent searching around for the cheapest price? Whereas it'd take 5 mins to go to your nearest ebgames/jb hifi/bigw/kmart/etc etc and pick it off the shelf. To me that's worth spending $25.

9. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

My engrish was at fault. IQ goes down immediately after the gym for some reason, it usually lasts around 10 minutes.

10. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

yeah i'd say you already stand out, more like that one sheep that missed the muster though.

nah seriously, when we say "search for best price" how fukn hard is it to run a couple of internet searches, and that is if you DON'T know where to look. as i have said also, i use a popular online store that sells anything and everything and is almost always much cheaper than paying local prices, even compared to digital platforms like Steam and Origin etc. no VPNs, no hassle, no worries, and even awards you buyer points that allow for discount vouchers for future purchases to save even more AGAIN...it takes you "5 mins to drive to the store"?...takes me less than 5 mins to own the game. i understand the whole "we are in Australia, we are further away, it costs more to import, taxes, government excuses, support the economy bla bla bla etc etc" with regards to physical media...but digital content? fuck off. which 9/10 you are buying a basic install disc from a store anyway with PC games since most PC games bought in-store these days still require a big arse day 1 download anyway, and attach the game to one of only a few common digital gaming platforms permanently, so you may as well just buy the bloody cd-key/digital version.

you wanna pay more, go for gold mate. end of the day, you can try troll the issue all you want, fact is, people look for the best way to save money, and saving money is never a bad thing. there are always those happy to spend top dollar blindly, go for it. it's not that others can't afford, it's a matter of we don't have to :thumbup:

why save $25 by clicking on a website Bookmarked or following an E-Mail link and buying a game from a reputable website in less than a couple of minutes? why the fuck not. if you really need that explained to you in any other way, you definitely stand out like balls on a dog. only the dog is neutered.

11. bobzabuilder

bobzabuilder Member

FYI Battlefield 1 is $69 consoles/PC at JB HIFI no needing to go/vpn to india necessary
    Cdkeys.com at $61 at this time.

Add in a premium pass at $60 you get $129 for JB and $121 for Cdkeys.

This beats origins ultimate pack at $170 (though you dont get bonuses like red baron etc)

The $8 difference might be good for those who have expensive internet bills

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
  12. summoner

summoner Member

You guys are getting far to invested in this argument.

13. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

Yeah sweet thats good advice. Now just a matter of if you prefer to buy it that way or just go digital. Unfortunately yeah Ozgameshop doesn't provide a Premium purchase so still have to go through Origin for that if cant get it cheaper elsewhere. Dont know if i would trust Cdkeys.com personally

14. Squatting_Tiger

Squatting_Tiger Member

What does the premium pass get you? And where do you get it?

15. Ogre

Ogre Member

All the DLC, from Origin

16. gtarmanrob

gtarmanrob Member

you get other stuff like bonus Battlepacks delivered monthly i think it is? good for skins and attachments, assuming they work the same as they did in BF4. plus early access to new content like the DLC packs, maps etc. if you think you're not only gonna buy BF1 and play couple times, but really play it a lot and put time into it, i think Premium is a good idea. can easily make up the cost in terms of value for play hours.

can get Premium any time too, doesnt have to be a pre-order thing. down the track, they usually do some really good deals on it too. get massive value out of the game.

17. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

tempted to pull the trigger on the early enlister edition.

18. Squatting_Tiger

Squatting_Tiger Member

How do you get the Premium Pass if you buy the Standard Edition from JB? Or is it a bundle from JB?

19. summoner

summoner Member

Still haven't bought yet.. but itching.

Instead went and bought a Mannlicher M95/30 from my local gun store. Will prob get it home around same time as BF1 comes out so I can fondle its goodness while playing.

20. bobzabuilder

bobzabuilder Member

I would recommend going through JB then getting the premium if you like the game as that costs $130

If you were to just buy the early enlister it would cost $110 at Origin and then another $60 to get DLC

Origin is the only one who sell the Premium Pass that I have located at this time.