1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Battlefield: 1943

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by budzilla, Feb 6, 2009.

1. budzilla

budzilla Member

Let's keep discussion here.

That's the new trailer. Wake Island remake with lots of explosions. :D

2. trevor68

trevor68 Member

Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
  3. Kitler

Kitler Member

I don't know. I fell in love with Battlefield 1942 for many reasons other than the graphics.
    While it looks interesting I'll be a casual observer for this one.

4. Flamin Joe

Flamin Joe Member

I'm happy with the first option. :thumbup:

BF1942 was, correction still is, an awesome game. The gameplay doesn't need a real overhaul at all so I'm happy with just a graphics engine overhaul plus some new maps and vehicles thrown in.

This is the first time I've been exicted about a game for a long time. :) I've played BF1942 on and off since it was released. It's the longest period I've played any game ever. Never gets old. :thumbup:

Let's hope they do a good job of it. :thumbup::thumbup:

5. wheelydude_13

wheelydude_13 Member

I reinstalled BF1942 the other day, and after playing it for a while was wishing there was a version with updated graphics, so im hoping this will be good

6. Domokun

Domokun Member

Is this meant to be the long awaited "Battlefield 3"? I'm not a big fan of World War games, so I'd be disappointed if it is the case.

7. Tiberio

Tiberio Member

lets just hope are into propper widescreen resolutions now, i need 1943 in full 1920x1200. But overall, this trailer is bringing back many fond memories of great multi games i played in. Graphics look quite nice and pretty too. Aparently theres a few new details that they'll be bringing into the engine in this game and not yet shed the light on.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is coming to the PC, Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 this winter and Battlefield 1943 to PC, PSN and Live this summer, Electronic Arts confirmed this morning.

huray for winter here!

uh oh... PSN and Live.. that means it could be taking a battlefield heroes route? only a small type game with a few maps?

8. power

power Member

been a while since my last battlefield fix - canna wait!

as long as it's not pooper like 2142 I'll be happeh!

also i hope they bring back the driveable ships - missed that in 2, loved it in 1942.

9. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

2142 was good. It just lacked several coats of polish.

Downloadable PC version worries me, just going to be a console port i'd say. WHich is a shame. Movements will be stupid, aiming will be stupid, most likely the game will be stupid.

Hope it turns out good!

10. SupaGu

SupaGu Member

1943 could be promising. does bad company 2 also feature MP yet do we know?

11. uberbanzai

uberbanzai Member

Been waiting for another BF game. I've tried Crysis and a few others but nothing come close to BF2 gameplay for me. Actually, FFOW is close up there :p

12. The Ginja Ninja

The Ginja Ninja Member

On the about page on the game's website: "Up to 24 players online", "Play with 24 players online in three beautiful and destructible locations from the pacific theatre."

The three maps being Guadacanal, Iwo Jima, Wake Island.

This doesnt appear to be a proper battlefield game, maybe just some random like bf:heroes.

13. Zerstorer

Zerstorer Member

Bad Company 2 seems to be the 'proper' Battlefield game getting released, which is a shame because it's much more focused on infantry combat than vehicles, but at least the engine can actually support it well.

14. derb

derb Member

this is great, bf1942 was my longest played and most loved game. by the time i quit i was in the top 8% for the world, getting recruited by clans and kicking ass in pretty much any server. but the kiddies killed it for me. i couldn't stand their whinging when they died and their selfishness with the vehicles ruined any map that had planes. too much 'counter strike syndrome' going on so i just stopped playing one day.

hopefully i can get into bf1943 on the 'ground floor' again before it turns into a kid fest.

15. trevor68

trevor68 Member

Thats not the first option, as the Graphics Engine overhaul you want would require them putting some effort in. ;)

Maybe the 24P refers to Xbox and PS3 perhaps?

Mmm, really only 3 maps? That would qualify it as some sort of expansion on 1942 I guess, certainly not as a whole new game.

16. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Maybe 3 locations, with several maps per location :p

17. SupaGu

SupaGu Member

well its download only isnt it? maybe its going to be small and cheap? with additional DLC in future....

18. $3@N

$3@N (Banned or Deleted)

I am getting the sad feeling EA is just going to fracture the BF fanbase with all the f2p, digital distro, console ports, same with NFS :sick:

If only they would throw the dice into action and make a be and end all Battlefield sequal, BF3, but no we have to put up with franchize mutilation!

19. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

Only going to be 3 maps, and download only via Xbox Live, PSN, and EA Downloader..

I agree, seems more like a paid expansion of 1942.. but graphics look good.

Destructible environment too. :thumbup:

At least they look like the maps are going to be faithful with the old '42 pacific maps, like Iwo Jima, and not just Wake..

20. trevor68

trevor68 Member

better graphics and destructible environments would be pointing to a new engine at least, one would think.

I wonder if the ranks and unlock idea from BF2 will apply, therefore restricting it to the EA Partners for servers?