Battlefield 2 - General Discussion

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by sabretooth, Feb 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herbo

Herbo Member

I can only assume that's why it's done. In all honesty I haven't seen much of it happen against teams that don't do it first.

Who cares anyway, in a day or so hopefully we'll not have to worry about the major exploits being used by almost everyone that plays. Hopefully it is released tomorrow like was speculated as I was planning on steering clear of the game til after the patch came out. Today I'll be busy with valentines day :)

2. keenie

keenie Member

The official 1.2 change list has been released

source: http://www.battlefield2.nl

all in all, a good patch, except for the points marked with a ^

edit 2:
    I'm predicting it to be 30K for Master Gunnery Sgt./Sgt. Major.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2006
  3. spoon69

spoon69 Formula 1 Reporter

* Server setting to allow friendly fire to be off on mines without affecting other weapons.

Thats good. Hopefully node/bigpond will enable this. Not that i use mines or anything, but it can be a pain at times when friendlys put mines down and you have to go out of your way to avoid them.

4. Borgod

Borgod Member

Thanks for that keenie... much appreciated.

I think all the changes in the patch are good. Not sure about the blast radius of the GL reduction however, as it seems like its being nuked enough with the new minimum distance.

* The Red/Blue nametag bug has been addressed

This is a bit vague but. :rolleyes:

Nup wasn't me. I only played with you guys for about 20mins.

We have rules against spawn camping, both the uncappable AND cappable and we discourage c4 chucking. In ladder and tourney matches everyone who participates including non-AEF is fully aware 'anything goes'.
    We play some friendly scrims etc where we make a rule not to c4 chuck at all, but this is only in the spirit of a friendly game.

In the GA ladder match, I can honestly say within AEF Coldstream Guards no more than 20% of our members choose to c4 chuck during a game, unlike some where its more like 80%+

Some of us may dolphin dive but even then we don't mean to, its just a reaction to get prone as quickly as possible for accuracy and NONE of us in AEF:CG 'prone-spam' at all (there is a distinct difference).

Dude I need to get into your squad cause you sound like good value as a SL :)
    I enjoy listening to commanders taking their job EXTREMELY seriously aswell :thumbup: hehe

5. eskyhead

eskyhead Member

I had some wanker on node karkand accuse me of hacking, after asking what/how I was hacking it appeared I had the red name tag...I told him to report me to EA a.s.a.p.

It was good punishing all those who killed me though :)

6. Borgod

Borgod Member

Thats nice of you mate, is that what all OCAU guys are like?

Bunch of punishing noobs who enjoy reducing the scores of team mates to better your own place on the score tables.

7. Borgod

Borgod Member

Now thats not really my opinion at all.

My point is you can't judge an entire group based on one individual who acts unsportsmanlike.

Otherwise, I enjoy playing with OCAU guys... always play in the spirit of the game. :thumbup:

8. keenie

keenie Member

Yeah, it's a double nerf for the GL (tho I am totally fine with the min. distance) :/

I only punish C4 chuckers and n00b tubers (I've lost count of the number times I've gone up to knife someone, only to have a n00b tuber come around the corner and TK me) that and the're both lame ways to get kills

9. spoon69

spoon69 Formula 1 Reporter

Hahaha, Borgod. I very rarely, if ever punish people for a TK. As i know how much of a pain it is at times when i throw a nade and a team mate runs to the exact spot its landed.

And being a medic, most of my score can be wiped out with a couple of punishes :(

I think the only time i have dolphin dived is like you have already described, ive jumped over something like a barrirer/wall and have wanted to go prone as soon as i land.

10. Ashpool

Ashpool Member

AEF-CG are one of the most highly respected clans out there! Most clans under internal rules tend to refrain and discourage bad sportsmanship on publics..but when it come to GA ladder matches the rules a very clear. Spawn camping is allowed and if you want to be in the top ten you are probably going to have to use the tactic at some stage.

Once you enter the world of GA you tend to find that most clanners have no real gripes with anything...even severe spawncamping...not that I condone it. But its all experiance that will help you find good tactics for use in matches.

=]DI[=Ashpool

11. Iseeyou

Iseeyou Member

cheats Ahoy

I was playing Battlefield 2 on internode #8 this morning 14/02/06 at around 8.00am Brisbane time and had the great pleasure of playing with a member of [OCAU] (supposedly). The person in question was headrippa and he was making very good use of a very nasty hack.

This hack is almost impossible to detect because the player will be listed as on your side but will actually be getting points for team killing and also capping flags for the opposition. It is not just an issue of the name tag being blue but they are actually on your side under the team list.

The only reason I actually discovered what he was doing was because I was commander and was zoomed into a flag that we had just capped. As I watched a Blue APC rolls up to flag and then starts to team kill anyone that spawns whilst capping the flag for the opposition.

He was very smart about it because by using an APC players can not see what uniform he may be wearing and it makes it almost impossible to see his nick from the zoomed command view as it is obscured by the APC. He also made sure that he was not getting first and so not drawing to much attention to himself.

The only way I eventually discovered his nick was when he died and respawned at an enemy flag. A blue player suddenly appearing at the enemy base is a bit of a give away. I kept an eye on him for quite a while to make sure that what I saw was correct. I then started a kick vote and told all squad leaders of the cheat. (of course only ½ the people voted for the kick and he stayed on).

When he found out that I had declared him a cheat he asked why I was saying it. I just replied that I was watching him do it. Surprisingly he decided he did not want to play on my side anymore and swapped over to the other side.

I don’t know if he/she is an official member of OCAU but I hope that one of the admin’s takes a look at this as it does not give a very good picture of OCAU and its BF2 Players.

12. tonner78

tonner78 Member

Mate I have seen this serveral times before - it is a bug. Disconnect from the server and come back in again. I had a case where the guy was showing up in my own squad, but none of the other guys in the squad could see him.

Don't be so quick to scream "hacker" its just a bug buddy he can't help it.

13. Dargoth

Dargoth Member

lol, yeah i totally agree, i never find myself waiting for a vehicle to spawn with a bunch of other people, but i really hate instant spawn death especially at an uncappable, that said i also hate sitting around on wake scanning the sea of red on the carrier and thinking "it serves the lazy buggers right"
    yeah, i got the g36e as soon as i got the unlocks for SF, dao12 is godly making the AT kit extremely formiddable at close range as well as long with the missiles, and yeah i think your praise of the pkm has changed my mind, yesterday i picked it up from a fallen comrade to revive him and ended up suppressing north village for about 10 kills and 5 resupplies till we took the point

14. Ashpool

Ashpool Member

Yeah its a known bug. Should be fixed with the next patch. We had it happen just last night, guy was on enemy team but spawning in my own squad...it was all borked.

15. Borgod

Borgod Member

Cheers mate.

Having being on the receiving end of spawn camping tactics, I can say it is EXTREMELY effective. Unfortunate but thats just how it is, and will remain.

16. Ashpool

Ashpool Member

What the hell does that mean?

No 64 player versions of these maps? If so that sucks ass.

17. Jezmad

Jezmad Member

I cannot wait for the patch.

I was playing on 'node 5 against some +plus clan members. I was engineer so needed tog et close for a kill. But, as soon is I get close, a little rectangular package comes my way and BLAM! I get killed by C4.

18. Chamelion

Chamelion Member

Errrg, these top 10 clans outa watch out for AFO after this patch... No more hiding behind dolphin dives, bunning hopping and c4 packs :)

Matt.

19. gumble85

gumble85 Member

Hi all,

Agreed i got done, by a few +plus wankers with C4, but i delt them back their own medicine and he soon stopped after i equaled the amount of times he got me :p .

gumble

20. mute

mute Member

Me too, hopefully some time this week

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.