1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Battlefield 2 - General Discussion

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by sabretooth, Feb 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. .LiQU!D.

.LiQU!D. (Banned or Deleted)

Thanks for the late night game Grim. :thumbup:

2. Kyorisu

Kyorisu Member

God I hate gay clans. Theres a bunch called XEF that constantly stack 1 team on GA's 20 on 16 servers. The normal pubs don't stand a chance it's just rude.

3. Borgod

Borgod Member

Thats debatable :/

4. Eman

Eman Member

If anyone's interested, here are the battlerecorder files for last night's OCAU clan match:

Round 1 - thR 21

http://bf2stats.gamingsa.com/demos/SFOne/auto_2006_07_16_20_01_07.bf2demo

Round 2 - thR 52

http://bf2stats.gamingsa.com/demos/SFOne/auto_2006_07_16_20_18_45.bf2demo

Round 3 - thR 9

http://bf2stats.gamingsa.com/demos/SFOne/auto_2006_07_16_20_35_52.bf2demo

Round 4 - OCAU 83

http://bf2stats.gamingsa.com/demos/SFOne/auto_2006_07_16_20_50_35.bf2demo

To watch them you'll need SF installed and patched to 1.3, just download to My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\Default\Demos then fire up SF (regular BF2 won't show them) and click "Community". Once you've loaded a file, use your commo rose or number keys to change the speed, and spacebar to cycle between people.

I particularly like the rofl-style catapault I do after being blown up with C4 in the 4th round rollout :lol:

Anyway our next match in the finals will be against _deathnet, then if we win that we'll have a quarter final against Currahee Assault Squad, and if we win that we'll make it to the SF grand final. Our biggest enemy is lack of people :)

5. Herbo

Herbo Member

Is there an option if we don't beat deathnet? :)

6. mattywhisk

mattywhisk Member

BIG CONGRATULATIONS OCAU on the win over THR. We had a similar heart-stopper back in the heats (against THR as well, and it was a last round capout, on Warlord), won by 2 tickets in the end (and cost us a fortune in old man medicine to recover). Although, and don't take this the wrong way, I'm not sure how you made it into division 1 when teams like bR and, dare I say it, AFO, didn't (ladder setup is fubared). ;)

Best of luck vs _dn. They're simply a very talented infantry side.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2006
  7. BuzzPuppy

BuzzPuppy Member

well, we wanted a challenge and we got it. There are some notable exceptions in Division One, you're right there. But there's just a good buzz knowing we can mix it up with the best of them. Good luck to all for the coming rounds, and cheers everyone for the well-wishes and support. :)

8. wgaBloke

wgaBloke Member

Sounds like you guys had an excellent night. Well done!

Good luck with _dn .......if they play as good as Din.....your in big trouble.

j/k :thumbup:

Din :lol:

9. fathermucker

fathermucker Member

good work to the OCAU SF XGN guys :thumbup:
    i apologise for being a no-show...
    damn iinet. :mad:

oh... and i apologise to my wife who i accused of "doing something to stuff the connection up! right before the game! aaarggghhhh!"

hmmmm... i'm calm now at least. ;)

10. Fresh79

Fresh79 Member

That was Sunday morning wasn't it? You were top of USMC I think. Not only do they stack, but they bunny hop like mad. Drove me fucking insane!!!

11. Herbo

Herbo Member

Yeah I was quite annoyed that we ended up in Div 1. They counted a match that put us in the top four AFTER the end date but didn't count the match that put Br back in the top four knocking us out (or something to that effect). Well I hate to say it but no shit _dn are a very talented infantry team. They were purposely made up of some of the best inf in Oz weren't they? EDIT: Although I honestly had more trouble with thR's infantry than _dn's. I don't know whether it was the lag or what but I seemed to have to take more shots at these guys.

I wouldn't mind a SF OCAU vs AFO as some prac for finals. And no offence I think we can take you :)

12. .LiQU!D.

It's because we're a better team, and have the best commander in the world, Buzzpuppy rules! :thumbup:

On the subject of commanders, there was a special one on Wake just then, I was PLA and I managed to nick the tank at North Village and was capping it, all by my lonesome and what does the spastic commander do? Put it over north base where we have NO soldiers and NO-ONE is heading that way..... :(

13. Hurley

Hurley Member

no dis-respect, but AFO has beaten you on pretty much all our matches.

14. Hurley

Hurley Member

hey, arnt you in AEF:CG? all well.

15. .LiQU!D.

I don't think many of the OCAU players were really taking the scrims seriously, I know I sure as hell wasn't.

16. Jewsian

Jewsian (Banned or Deleted)

lol liquid with the excuse :p :lol: :D

17. grimwood

grimwood Member

And thank you. (and to the OCAUers I killed earlier). I think it was Pyro who killed me and made a big deal out of it with the knife. I was looking forward to tea bagging you but didn't see you again.

I had a lot of fun on the Mash server all night. Squadded with a few IB guys for quite a few rounds and they played well; great squad work and all round enjoyable. Squad leader was a great mobile spawn point and stayed back when we got in the thick of it but was otherwise always on the move, and everyone in the squad at some stage grabbed his kit to revive him. Love it when that sort of stuff happens on a pub with people I don't know.

Daniel.

18. mattywhisk

mattywhisk Member

Well, THR will prone jump and worm and _dn generally won't, maybe that's why? I do have a lot of respect for _dn in that a 1v1 confrontation is completely based on skill.

The whole ladder could have been run better. It was on about the same level as this year's GA ladder in admin I reckon :)

But yeah, I reckon we'd enjoy a SF scrim, we are out of practice, haven't had a game in weeks; I'll mention it to one of our captains.

LOL @ Liquid, thanks as always for the late-morning laughs; you are a jewel in my Monday morning rough.

19. Herbo

Herbo Member

Our SF team is slighty different ;) Yep I am actually part of AEF:CG but they didn't have a team in the SF ladder so I joined these boys. I'm a fan of SF due to more inf on inf and no jets!

I actually don't remember seeing thR's boys do any bunny hopping or dolphin diving. It's against the SF rules too now I think. I was actually surprised when we scrimed _dn that it was played without any dolphin diving or any other such lame tactic. Much respect to them.

Lately I seem to have the biggest habit of running at a wall or sand bag to jump over it and just as I'm about to jump over I run out of sprint and pretty much jump on the spot and get stuck trying to jump over said wall. I must look so ridiculous :o :D

Hahaha.... didn't take it serious.... "we were just playing for fun and you had go all lets win on us" :D

20. BuzzPuppy

BuzzPuppy Member

So what you're trying to tell me mattywhisk is that I'm not the "best commander ever" as liquid put it? :lol:

Nah, that kudos goes to Fathermucker. I learned my craft through his style. And besides, being commander is pointless without having a good team to help out. :leet: Speaking of which, since I spend a lot of time in that role, maybe my 7800GT is not being used to its best capacity. I mean, how much rendering grunt do you really need to render a 2D map, UAV icons and yellowed-out arty guns? Maybe I'm wussing out from the front-lines, hiding in a covered location with a claymore in front of me?

There's something humbling about being hit with direct fire and not being hit by nade spam or jets... being bested by those who can aim and have the patience to pick their shot (as in hitting you when you're looking in the opposite direction). Looking forward to the _dn match soon :thumbup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.