1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Battlefield 2 - General Discussion

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by sabretooth, Feb 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wink

Wink Member

Ahh so my most effective weapon so far is a n00btube gun.. how convenient! :D

2. kevincooper

kevincooper Member

are you hitting 9 on the number pad, or 9 above the letter keys?

i don't know if it would make a difference, but i use the 9 above the letters

3. spoon69

spoon69 Formula 1 Reporter

I wait untill the last moment to hit 9 when using my chute, mainly because i'm trying to get someplace fast and i'm a 1337 Base jumping haxor :D

Less time in the air, the less likely i'm going to get easily shot at.... :D

4. Indra

Indra Member

The only time i have trouble with the chute is trying to do it off hills/slopes. I'm too used to games where you can slide down hills without taking damage, whereas i've died a few times trying to do it in BF2. I've tried deploying the chute after jumping off hills, but i usually crater :(

5. Evil Dude

Evil Dude Member

Hehe, for some reason I took a disliking to him when playing against him on Sharqui... killed him as often as I could.

@pugsley, BuzzPuppy, fathermucker: Cheers guys, I'll keep practising. :)

6. Jewsian

Jewsian (Banned or Deleted)

yeah, the default 9 is the one above letters...maybe my 9 is screwed lol - I'll try another key

7. BuzzPuppy

BuzzPuppy Member

8. raoul

raoul Member

try running down the hill walking foward facing into the slope.. works for me sometimes :)

9. grrrr

grrrr Member

whoever is having trouble parashooting.... wait until you are well on you downward fall part of travel... (not on the up jump)... If i jump off the construction site... i wait till im about 1/2 way down b4 pulling the cord.

10. mattywhisk

mattywhisk Member

11. grrrr

grrrr Member

Yes you can. When things are litterly larger than life on the screen its pretty cool.

I have a 21" CRT.

12. mecka

mecka Member

I've been using the config hack to bind my chute key to the spacebar. One tap will simply jump, while two or more taps will pop open my chute if I'm in the air for long enough.

There are still some wierd places where my chute just refuses to open. Like the building next to the mosque where one of the spawn points is. I can always jump off the right side of the building and open my chute, but going off the left towards Backyard always gets me killed.

13. Jewsian

Jewsian (Banned or Deleted)

yeah, you can't open your chute there (I just did a search at bf2s about parachute).

I just created my server to do trial chute jumps and was 90% successful so I'm all smiles :) except I can't make two-storey building jumps but then I read that the gun/knife or whatever you're holding has to disappear before the chute will open, so two-storey buildings just don't allow enough time for chute to open.

ahh...so that's what I'm doing wrong. I jump up then press 9 straight away...thanks for the tip.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2006
  14. BuzzPuppy

BuzzPuppy Member

I've noticed that as well in some instances re: parachuting. That spacebar thing does come in handy. Oh, and it's almost comical when you halo into a flag capture and deploy 2 metres off the ground. Mattywhisk and grrrr... I only have two words for it.

"My Preciousssssssss" :D

Last edited: Jul 20, 2006
  15. mecka

mecka Member

Its the only way to fly...

Pity, considering that normally a chute takes far longer to deploy and needs to be done at a much greater altitude.

16. BuzzPuppy

BuzzPuppy Member

Being HALO qualified in the real-word is nuts. You need to deploy at 500 feet and land in water (kit-bag first to break surface tension). You are also carrying pressurised mask, small bottle of oxygen plus all combat gear.

That's a lot of faith in an altimeter.

17. spoon69

spoon69 Formula 1 Reporter

OT: Mecka did you just change your avatar to have camo headphones?

Back on topic, I'm really looking forward to this match tomorrow night, should be great fun.

And i'm finally getting close to my next promotion, helps that when i've been playing, i've been scoring close to 500-1000 points each gaming session :thumbup:

18. mecka

mecka Member

the whole thing is camo.

i'm lookin forward to the match as well. should be a bit of fun.

19. grrrr

grrrr Member

500ft is what? 150m ish? at terminal velocity.... That doesnt leave much room for error and would be one hellofa rush.

My father has done 3 normal parachute jumps from 10k feet or whatever it is. The first time the chute got a little tangled and he had to grab the ropes and pull it apart a couple of times before it opened.

Second jump went as planned

Third Jump it tangled again... and he tried several times to help it open... then it just managed to open before he had to pull the second chute.

Needless to say he retired from parachuting after that dispite having over 10 free jumps. He used to sell tours and sold so many jumps for one company they kept giving him free jumps. Dispite the chute opening issues he experianced... he kept selling jumps cos he liked the guys and the commission. And they still havent killed anyone :D

Now that was normal jumping and scary enough. Halo jumping u need that chute to open first time, in time, everytime or youll bounce.

On a similar subject... have u seen that new extreme sling shot base jump? Ill see if i can find a link to the video.. but basically u get shot up into the air.. pull the cord and chute back down. I think i would prefer to find other adrenalin sports that are a little less dangerous.

And yes ingame i pull the cord just b4 you hit ground. You can get really close and not die cos of the lag. Every time i open my chute online i find i tend to go back up in the air a bit.

20. gumble85

gumble85 Member

Awww. I like the fuck witt cannon :p . I only use those types of tactics when i see myself not lasting long the way/postion i'm in :) .

Otherwise i terrorise armour and AC's with em :p .

gumble

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.