1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Battlefield 3 OCAU servers

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by mr_s, Aug 30, 2011.

?

Interested in paying $15 for a reserved slot?

1. Yes

58.7%
  2. No

41.3%
  1. stav's

stav's Member

You need to change the name to X86 :Pirate:

2. CalBoy890

CalBoy890 Member

3. the_pessimist

the_pessimist Member

are the VIP slots in effect yet?

4. ada3k

ada3k Member

No VIP is not functional yet we are waiting on DICE to release this in future server patches.

5. CalBoy890

CalBoy890 Member

And there is no ETA at all for that.

6. Squatting_Tiger

Squatting_Tiger Member

To you guys who have organise/chased/taken care off/cop the shit from whingers, job well done with getting all 3 servers up and running. Looking forward to having a game with you guys. especially Cal & Mr S.

7. Queenie

Queenie Member

well, the server crashed again. Giggity.

8. IPW

IPW Member

Was having some good rounds on x64 last night, going to have to try the rush servers at some point too, will be fun for sure!

9. minushuman

minushuman Member

Does anyone feel horny about a 32 player TDM server? These tend to be uber popular. It's abit rapey though so maybe normal and not HC.

10. Squatting_Tiger

Squatting_Tiger Member

Definitely, I reckon it should be a server that alternates modes, keep everyone on their toes.

11. demon1300

demon1300 Member

Played for around 3 hours last night... Can I just say that the admins seriously need to look at banning mortars on seine crossing! There was this one douche who was camping in spawn and mortaring the bridges like a retard. Did it the whole god damn round... :rolleyes: Got a round score of like 36-6 for being a camping tard.

Also can we please remove the Tehran Highway map, its woeful... Promotes camping and mortar girls like you wouldn't believe. I think you'll be hard pressed to find people who like this map as its way to spammy in every regard...

12. FiShy

FiShy Member

derp game hard please ban

you know that the mortar lights you up on the map like a bonfire right? anyone can get you with ease.

13. CalBoy890

CalBoy890 Member

I completely agree with you here. However last time I checked TDM was limated to 24 slots or something? So the moment you go over that it becomes a unranked server? I could be completely wrong here so please do correct me. Either way we could set up both server to alternate every two maps. So two rush two TDM etc etc. Keeps both the HC and non HC people happy. Would anyone be unhappy with that?

AFAIK there aren't any commands to just disable certain weapons at the moment. There may be a plugin for it using ProCon but with the current state of the tool it would mean increasing the likelihood of server crashes, which nobody wants. If people are spamming the shit out of it from spawn then guess we can just ask them to move or ask a admin to jump on.

If everyone doesn't want Tehran Highway then we would be more then willing to remove it from the map list. I can do it when I get spare time today, however we would need feed back from the community.

The issue he means is people doing it from the uncappable areas like their spawn. Even if they light up it is still impossible to get them because the other team simply can't get into the area.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  14. FiShy

FiShy Member

or noobs could just kill him?

Whats with the "oh this guy is pwning by using game tactics, LETS BAN K GO

15. Baboy

Baboy (Banned or Deleted)

Can the admins please ban guns...I keep getting killed...

Nevermind princess.....ask mummy for some clean pink hankies......youll be ok.....:thumbup:

16. FiShy

FiShy Member

derp.

Step one, select support.

Step 2, find a good spot

step 3, deploy mortar.

step 4, fire on enemy mortar.

Step 5, profit (100 points)

17. demon1300

demon1300 Member

Seriously... How is sitting in your spawn mortaring got anything to do with tactics :rolleyes: Anyone can camp it up like a fag and get 10.0 K/D ratio sitting in the spawn with a mortar. I want carnage with weapons from people I can see and are man enough to get dirty with close combat :) I couldn't care less about K/D ratio, I'm about pushing objectives and actually TRYING to capture the flags.

FFS, its knobs like you that really shit me about this game. I bet you're one of those "ohhh geee, I'm so awesome, look at my K/D ratio from sniping or mortaring at spawn", but are to girly to get their hands dirty. How bout you man up, grow a pair and actually get in the thick of combat (ohhh noooo, who would have thought! :rolleyes:)

18. 3stars

3stars Member

settle down mate it's a computer game FFS

19. demon1300

demon1300 Member

never heard of constructive criticism? I'm sure the server admins would like to know what is annoying the players, hence they have a discussion about the servers :rolleyes:

20. FiShy

FiShy Member

If someone is raping the other team with a mortar, you will find that team wins due to the fact it can cap with ease.... its a team game.

I have sat behind a wall on that map (not in the uncap) and clocked up 40 mortar kills and we dominated the map. Not one person attempted to mortar me back and thats not bad game mechanics or me being hax... it just dumb people on the other team.

If both side use mortars you will find no one dies to them since all they do is fire at each other.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011