Battlefield 3

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Frontl1ne, Jun 11, 2009.

1. watto86

watto86 Member

Don't worry, I would never have come close to doing that. The in-game chat seems to be mostly filled with, "Awww but... But... But Mr Admin, he's using this one weapon and it's making me upset." Or the usual dick measuring that breaks out between people who play games fanatically and think that their prowess in a game is somehow relevant to life.
    lol I noticed that a few servers seem to have rules based around that type of whining. I went through a few servers in quick succession last night because none of them allowed the rifle mounted grenade launcher. Then when I asked something like, "Don't any servers allow the use of the grenade launcher?" Some idiot replied with,
    "Hopefully not." I'm guessing that the same servers probably get the shits with people using rocket launchers on human targets, but why are they like that? Is just banning the use of certain weapons more expedient for the admins that always get killed by people who figure out a better use for the weapons than they do? I mean, of course it's usually done under the pretense that it makes the game somehow more "fair" than it originally was, but they can use those weapons, too. If they want to make the weapon selection less gay, they should limit the number of people who can use recon/sniper, so that servers don't get half filled with people camping and never actually going for objectives.

2. Unframed

Unframed Member

Don't play metro, rockets and gren launchers are nearly always banned. Outside of that though I frequently counter sniper with an RPG/SMAW. Human targets are far more fun.

3. watto86

watto86 Member

Actually now that you mention it, it was mostly on Metro servers that it was banned. I did play a server that was on another map where tanks were banned, though.
    I did play one, maybe two servers that allowed rockets/nade launchers on Metro, but that's one or two against several that don't.

4. Unframed

Unframed Member

There's fair reason why rockets/nade launchers are banned on metro. It turns into a spam fest with everyone firing rockets left, right and center. I've never seen tanks banned on a CQ map, were you playing deathmatch?

In other news I got my accuracy medal last night. Stoked.

5. watto86

watto86 Member

I can't remember exactly. I think it may have been deathmatch, but can't be 100% sure.

6. enzo_450

enzo_450 Member

7. Statitica

Statitica Member

To be fair, that's more a map design flaw than a weapon flaw. And without the explosives flying about the place, it still degenerates into a spam fest. It's just bullets, instead of explosives. Same story as rush on most maps, really.

As for limiting players of each class, I don't like that idea at all. That will just affect the people who play aggressive recon (mid range kills with high powered rifles = win), and you'll still get campers everywhere.

I've found knives to be the most effective countersniping technique.

Grats on the medal, mine is a way off yet.

8. Unframed

Unframed Member

I'm not adversed to it at all. If I choose to hit up metro then I can fire rockets as well as any other. I understand the maps choke points create a beautiful opportunity to lay out some splash damage.

I've never tried agressive recon. I tend to scout, longshot and use my G18 for close encounters.

Knives are a nice "Fuck you". Knifed the top killer on a metro match today, he was hiding between ticket machines. Was a great moment.

Cheers man.

9. Madchimp

Madchimp Member

I can't find anywhere that has it for $25. But g2play have it for $18AU.... :lol:

I bought my copy, and expansion, from g2play and have had no issues :thumbup:

10. Remote Man

Remote Man Member

Change your address to anywhere in the US

11. auApex

auApex Member

I played a round of BF3 rush on Seine Crossing around a week ago and someone with the user name "error-idiot" was BLATANTLY hacking like crazy and eventually got kicked by an admin. He was hacking with the SKS and lo and behold, I checked battlelog and you have nearly 19% accuracy with that weapon.

I've actually got a recording of the round that I forgot to send to EA but this has reminded me to do so. I just watched it again and there is absolutely zero doubt that this person was hacking. I'll be sending this video to EA this evening which when they get around to it, will give you a stat wipe.

Everyone, this guy is so sad and pathetic that he has to cheat in computer games to make himself feel like a big man. What a pathetic little piss stain of a human.

12. Unframed

Unframed Member

19% accuracy is nothing. My M98b accuracy is 28.4% out of just under 500 kills.

13. Tinian

Tinian Member

Are you joking? I have higher accuracy with pistols.

14. FiShy

FiShy Member

yea 19% must be cheating with a semi auto....

15. jmart38

jmart38 (Banned or Deleted)

I'm shit house with snipers... I still manage a lowly 15% with the sks (I don't use a scope)

And ~ 55% on the SMAW (accuracy down from shooting buildings, etc.)

edit: my smaw and rpg accuracy are both higher than my javelin accuracy... lol, go battlefield

16. Linkin

Linkin Member

17. Chamelion

Chamelion Member

Sarcasm, right? Must be.. My recon stats below.

M98b 673 kills 43.42% accuracy
    QBU88 641 kills 29.62% accuracy
    SKS 214 kills 29.18% accuracy

18. japes

japes Member

I've been called a 'blatant hacker' too many times for me to believe anyone that doesn't provide links that I can check myself.

"error-idiot" does not exist.

19. praytella

praytella (Banned or Deleted)

There's usually a 'no tank' rule on Conq if less than 5vs5 or something. Apart from that there is an option for Inf Only modes, but never been in one to see if the vehicles still pop up.

I think the way they measure accuracy means large splash damage weapons will have high accuracy unless you're missing everything and sending the rocket into outer space.

Since Jav's can hit objects on their path which you have no control over, spose it makes sense you may have a lower accuracy.

20. Statitica

Statitica Member

Epenis 3? :p

Neither does japeslol ;)

Come across an instakill last night. Dude was getting kills (not headshots) with the AEK, but it was an instant death, with no damage indicators, and mostly at long range. Soon as we questioned it, he disappeared.

As for this SKS killing machine, its hard to tell with having been there, or seeing footage.

Unframed - try it! Throw an ACOG on your rifle of choice, and pick a sidearm that covers a little bit of distance (1911?) And go nuts. Great fun! Pack a TUG-S or a MAV for spotting enemies and you're set.