Battlefield 3

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Frontl1ne, Jun 11, 2009.

1. 3stars

3stars Member

bah love the toob man
    best wind up ever

2. Voltus

Voltus Member

Ever since I got Bf3 - release I get a disconnect error.. it always happens when Im in the middle of a really intense game too.. sucks that they havent fixed it.

3. Carcin0Genic

Carcin0Genic Member

Are you sure it is something they need to fix? And not something on your end? Dodgy net connection, dodgy wireless, dodgy pc, dodgy install.

A lot of my mates play, and we never (very rarely) get disconnected for no apparent reason.

4. Perko

Perko Member

You misunderstand, I didn't say that you shouldn't use it, just that you are a noob if you do. It is the not-so-unspoken BF code lol.

I used it a lot in BC2 & Metro to start with, but in BC2 I took up the smoke/knife combo and in BF3 I stopped playing Metro. On the Aftermath maps a medkit is more useful anyway.

5. auApex

auApex Member

End Game looks pretty interesting.

The Aerial Supremacy mode is a good idea but I have some concerns: first is team balance - if you get a handful of good pilots on one team against newer players on the other, I feel it will quickly degenerate to the newly spawned jets getting destroyed within seconds of appearing. This is a pretty common feature of other game modes so I guess it's to be expected but I think an all-jet mode will amplify the problem.

Second concern is lock-on missiles: with 12+ jets on the opposing team and little-to-no aerial cover, you're going to be constant locked and one set of ECM every few seconds isn't going to keep you in the air for very long. The problem with this is DICE will probably need to re-balance lock-ons for jets for the new game mode which could break them for other game modes. E.g. if they make anti-air lock-ons weaker it might make the new game mode better but could mean jets are (even more) broken in other game modes. I suppose if they just nerf the jet AA missiles without nerfing STINGERs/IGLAs it should be OK but it's not like DICE haven't ruined maps and game modes by balance changes in the past (e.g. Rush maps on Armored Kill).

I suppose one upside of Aerial Supremacy is that jet pilots will spend all their time in this game mode instead of ruining everyone's fun in Conquest and Rush maps where they are completely broken. ;)

6. Perko

Perko Member

This guy gets it!

7. flagger

flagger Member

Hopefully they put the runways far enough away so that the other team can't reach them with 2-3 seconds of going into the dead zone. (3 seconds to get in 2-3 seconds for a strafe run, 3 seconds to get back to combat zone).

Mmm possibily, I'll be interested to see how many people troll with IGLA's, just parachuting out and locking on all the way to the ground. I don't think it will be too much of a problem with other jets as it does take a fair bit of time to get a lock, in the mean time, they will prob be getting shot up by someone else using cannons :Pirate:

8. the_pessimist

the_pessimist Member

Unless the heat seekers are launched from very close its fairly easy to dodge them. I do it all the time. I'm totally over the game and i think the modes going to be shit like you said its just going to be a lock spam fest.

9. strafe

strafe Member

First thing I'm going to do is try and put a Soflam on that blimp :Pirate:

10. bueller

bueller Member

Finally upgraded my ageing 5870 with a GTX660 off the FS forums and man what a difference. Had myself completely convinced that my CPU was the bottleneck but I'm running at 1080p on Ultra at 60fps and it runs smooth as so I'm stoked.

Been getting into Noshahr Canals as well after being banned from the Seine Crossing TDM server, really starting to grow on me now that I've played it a bit. Anyone recommend some other good TDM maps?

11. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Kharg is one of the best IMO

12. Code_Nerd

Code_Nerd Member

Whats up with BF3 tonight.

Just had 3rd crash in a row. Havent had any since release before this?

13. Stevros

Stevros Member

Ive had a few lately too. Same deal as you, game has been stable for me forever.

14. Zangetsu.ssl

Zangetsu.ssl Member

For fucks sake. Somehow BF3 is stalling on 'Initializing' everytime I launch any of the modes. Was working yesterday, closed and turned off PC last night. Turn on the PC this morning and somehow it won't launch. Had the same problem at the beginning of the BF3 launch which put me off playing the damn game for 3 months after trying it within the first week. After 3 months it miraculously worked again. Not sure if the constant BF3 servers crashing last night had anything to do with this... =/

15. Akimbo

Akimbo Member

Fixed network problems doing 2 thing.
    1. Put firewall into learning mode, then editing the rules from learning mode to allow connections both ways on whatever file needed internet access.

2. removed any manually created port forwarding rules on the router, enabling upnp.

fixed it all up. was constantly getting EA Online disconnect, after buying a Netgear D6300.

16. Modzy

Modzy Member

Fu*king cheats.... Played 3 rounds in AK tonight and came across one guy who just 'WOULD't' die.....
    Best example was..... He came over in a jeep and bails as the jeep impacts a wall...... I was way behind the wall firing into the jeep as it approached, reloaded and fired a clip into him as he's running toward me........
    WHO do you think got the kill...??? Not me......
    Yeah, you might blame bad aiming, etc, etc.... But after more than a few similar instances with this guy over 3 rounds........ You have to ask the question.....
    (I won't mention names/tags, as that's not what I am about. what I thought and what I can now say with confidence, is that I think Cheats are rife, in BF3.)
    Fu*king disappointing........

17. wonkdotorg

wonkdotorg Member

I've come across a few people like that. The only thing you can really do is change server. It's not worth getting upset about.

Cheaters gonna cheat.

18. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

TBH, there is a glitch in the game where people cannot die. It has nothing to do with them, just something fucking up in the matrix. Rivalxfactor even had it happen to him while he was recording and the entire server was invincible. The only way to kill was with a knife. It lasted a few minutes then reverted back to normal. I have friends on TS say the same thing but it didnt last long and unfortunately has never happened to me.

TL:DR May not be cheaters

19. t8y

t8y Member

had it happen the other day also (only affected the one guy).
    he went on a killstreak, as you would i guess.. he may have even been oblivious to it, for a while at least. seen youtube vids of guys not realizing for ages. often their teamates will shoot at them (but not damage them obviously) - they often come up as an enemy to teammates, when this glitch occurs.
    weird bugs

also still come across the odd "invincible enemy who is unable to move or shoot". put him out of his misery with a 'nade, though. first time a nade has managed to kill someone stuck like that though, that i've seen.

from memory its happened to me once or twice too, usually on b2k maps but thats probably just because i played them often

20. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Yep this happens to me every single night. I am 99% it is my internet connection. I cant move, cant shoot but I can spot lol. Extremely frustrating.