1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Battlefield 3

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Frontl1ne, Jun 11, 2009.

1. XxDeadlyxX

XxDeadlyxX Member

That solution for the pb issue - what happens when your BF3 repair doesn't create a new pb folder after repair? :confused:

2. Bertross

Bertross Member

i get some weird flashing on the mountains on one map but that's it. You likely just getting driver issues. Runs ok in BC2?

i get these random disconnections that my only gripe and some rubber banding.

3. OpenSystem

OpenSystem (Banned or Deleted)

Got single player bf3 running well on rig in sig.

Set core parking to 100% in power options to fix hyper threading stutter without disabling HT.

Disabled/enable raw mouse input to fix frame stutter - weird.

So game is now @ ultra, shadows @ high with no AA. Running 60fps vsynced with a few dips. Core parking allows my rig to still use 8 threads and I think this makes a big difference. Anyway I'll keep testing.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  4. Baboy

Baboy (Banned or Deleted)

[​IMG]

Just popped up on my screen...

:shock:

5. the_antipop

the_antipop Member

It seems BF3 is causing issues on certain machines, but running flawlessly...

For example, reading through this thread, I constantly see problems coming from you guys. But for me, I haven't had one crash or one problem yet... Running flawlessly on Ultra on rig in sig... Dunno why there's so much difference.

But I guess the Reddit image sums it up. All the guys who get the game running are busy playing whilst the others who can't are busy writing about it on reddit... lol

Also, you can still play online/co-op/sp whilst the activation servers are down....

6. Jimba86

Jimba86 Member

im going to pick this up on the weekend and i know that my GTX 460 wont cope at the res of my U2711. So my question is besides lowering this, what can i do? and for people who have got it how does a single GTX 580 fare? is it good? or should i buy one now and get one (or two:leet:) later..:confused:

cant wait to play this...but must hold off untill final exam is done!:upset::upset:

7. OpenSystem

OpenSystem (Banned or Deleted)

This is seriously a stunning game. Playing FA/18 mission, cant get over it. Very smooth.

8. ea_recoil

ea_recoil Member

Don't think there is any unlocks. Only difference it seems is that you run around with a neon sign above your head blinking 'shoot here'

I can't count how many times I crawled up behind a wall and as soon as I stand up TACK TACK Im dead. Some parts I had to hide the whole firefight because everytime I exposed myself to shoot someone they'd all turn at me and kill me

9. Merudo

Merudo Member

There are plenty of unlocks for co-op so there may be unlocks for singleplayer too.

BTW co-op is fucking awesome. WAY more fun than the singleplayer campaign.

10. SneakyBastd

SneakyBastd Member

Anything I can do about these fucking disconnects? 2 out of 3 games I'll get dropped from the server before rounds end. Gonna make level ups fucking painful if I only collect points 1 time in 3!!!

11. mAJORD

mAJORD Member

what error do you get?

12. Frag

Frag Member

Maybe you set your expectations low =)

Seriously tho -
    hit detection is stuffed - kind of reminds me of farcry 2... BFBC2 was much better, and felt like all the other BF series

no pings in servers,

no way to play on an empty "training" server... you should have heard the team abuse as i was adjusting my joystick in an aircraft but there is simply no other way..

You cant change configs during the stupid 30 second map change

No team voice comms

No way to configure your HUD

Retarded that you cant make player profiles, and custom loadouts that you can select at a flick of a button rather than spend 2 mins going through various factors - do these guys actually do play testing on things other than ingame?

Squad selection is straight out of console - ie for 5yr old retards who cant use a computer and swear that playing FPS with a controller is better

- Dont get me wrong I know all this will be fixed in time, and i understand why games are rushed to market, it just sucks that there is no consequence.
    And what shits me most is all these things are the EASY things - i mean how hard would custom profiles be???, cool if voice comms lags the server perhaps offer some easy way to piggyback to external proggies

As for the good things - well the Frostbite 2 engine simply amazing, devs have done an amazing job on it - i love how a downed jet blows up causing a shockwave and "shake", seriously the atmosphere is second to none, if they just fix the "easy stuff"

EDIT: I experienced lockups for a little while this morning, last night it was fine.. I ended up upping the voltage on my gpu and have not had one since (580GTX Twin Frozr II OC.. ie 800/4200.. volts went from 1.025 to 1.075 and been perfect ever since... ) This game must hammer the GPUS .. finally a game to push HW sales again :)(

13. Domokun

Domokun Member

Agreed. It started to annoy me when I had to run up to the mounted machine gun and was continually gunned down 10+ times before I decided to just leave the mounted machine gun and snipe the enemies instead. Also, getting shot at behind cover before you even emerge is just over the top. I was determined to do it for unlocks, but if there isn't any, I might as well play on easy and get it over and done with.

On a separate note, I'm starting to get some game crashes now too. I had two today where the game simply freezes and needs to be forced to quit by the task manager. No errors or anything.

14. nathanblogs

nathanblogs Member

whats the easiest way to copy this to another computer, there doesn't seem to tbe a nice option like in steam of backing up games :/

15. sYnical-X

sYnical-X Member

omg had epic punkbuster issues last night. kicked every 30 seconds or so into the game.

updated my punk buster. still no go.

ended up deleting the "pb" folder out of my appdata folder. apparently it was put there because of the BF3 beta and was conflicting with the install that the release version.

need to get a funstick for the planes and choppers. they go up and then straight back down upside down flip crash for me atm xD

16. Fraggle

Fraggle Member

Same setup (U2711 & GTX 580), works fine at 60 fps...can't remember the settings, but think shadows I had on low and occlusion was SSAO (or what ever the middle setting is). Everything else high or ultra afaik.

Went from GTX 280 to 580, 280 seemed to struggle in beta so grabbed the 580 yesterday before installing BF3 :lol:

17. Joehax

Joehax Member

So is this more optimized or the same as the beta?

18. Skidd

Skidd Member

So I got into the single player last night and its all great and all, the graphics are good, the story is engaging and I like the fact that you don't just play one person all the time.

And here comes the but, there is one thing that keeps bugging the hell out of me. Being a left handed gamer I play with a left handed mouse and with the numpad keys for movement etc but every time the game goes into this "press this button now" sequence it totally ignores my key bindings and sticks to the standard stuff. Very irritating....

19. iNoob

iNoob Member

14% here, I think it's OP. Hence why I like it :p

20. bohemyth

bohemyth Member

Is the driver newer than the one they made for battlefield 3 beta? Cuz I have that one as my latest.