1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Battlefield 3

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Frontl1ne, Jun 11, 2009.

1. WishBone17

WishBone17 Member

after spending 10 years to install the bloody game, i get greeted with some website battlelog system

Load Campaign to play single player mission, the guy jumps inside the train, sound goes all funny, locks up and CTD!

fucking awesome

2. sh0rteh

sh0rteh Member

I get it but it's very rare. One of those blink and you'll miss it things. No idea what it is

3. knightfall88

knightfall88 Member

I bind a key on the keyboard for freelook but it doesn't work for me. Sucks you cant use the mouse because it turns too slow, can't use joystick because it doesnt work. I don't even know what to do for keyboard since I can't free look, makes it very hard to dogfight.

4. gregpolk

gregpolk Member

Pretty sure the kicked by admin thing is a punk buster error and has absolutely nothing to do with where the server browser is :S
    The lack of voip is a shame but at least its there to use with your friends if you're in a group. Just a shame you can't communicate with randoms. Then again knowing the kind of helpful commentary you usually get out of randoms maybe thats not such a bad thing :| Can battlelog do voip for an entire Platoon or is it friends only? I haven't tested it out.

Green flashes on screen sounds like artifacting to me from an unstable/hot video card.

Any way, still no troubles on my system. PII x4, 5850. No glitches, no crashes, no kicks, no performance troubles really. Bit of lag but never on a good server.
    Little bros hybrid crossfire lappy though has had graphical glitches (fixed), crashes, admin disconnects (fixed), sound bugs.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  5. James086

James086 Member

Xbox 360 controller works quite well. :thumbup:

6. ztorma

ztorma Member

i5 2500 560gtx ti 4gb ram here, runs nice.

spent about 1h playing on the games.on server... well... its good... it's really good.

i am speechless...

VISUALS: 9.5
    SOUND: 10
    ON-LINE GAME PLAY EXPERIENCE: 9.5

OUT.

PS: this game is really good

7. sh0rteh

sh0rteh Member

mmm interesting. My gtx570 is still at stock settings and stays at around 65 degrees during gameplay. It's not really a problem for me, it's so rare that when it happens I wonder if I imagined it :D

8. gregpolk

gregpolk Member

Curious to see how many hours of multiplayer people put in before they'll bother to finish the campaign. I want to bash out the coop just for the unlocks but I'm in no rush to do campaign.

9. skeletorlolwut

skeletorlolwut Member

Yeap got this in the beta and still getting it, this game only. It is a fairly common problem. But like you said it only happens rarely so it isn't anything to worry about.

10. XxDeadlyxX

XxDeadlyxX Member

Agreed - the game rocks.

It's the most solid PC shooter in a long while.

I love the fact you can run infintiely it makes the pace of the game great. The jump-over-stuff animation makes it even better :thumbup:

11. Squatting_Tiger

Squatting_Tiger Member

Argggh... Finally fixed the kicked by admin prob and now game locking up and crashing after about 30mins play. Consistently. Trying out the 11.10 prev3 ati driver now. Getting a bit over it... great when you get to play little snippets of it but a solid 3 days of trying to make it work has tainted the experience for now. Pretty sure they rushed this out to beat MW3 hence all the bugs

Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  12. gregpolk

gregpolk Member

I love that you can see your feet. So rare in shooters. Halo and Fear (I think?) and that's about all I can think of for modern shooters. It's a subtle element but I really like not feeling like I'm a floating gun with a camera glued to it.

11.10 prev3 fixed all my little bros graphical glitches and most crashes and PB fixed up the admin thing but he's still getting occasional crashes at the end of games.

13. randomman

randomman Member

I don't think anyone is disputing the game style or the game play, but the bug level in this is phenomenal. EA has outdone themselves... not in a good way, in that regard.

14. IPW

IPW Member

I'm playing with a phenomII x3 (the 720BE) and a radeon 4670HD and running everything on low, surely you'll be able to play, I have to turn my rez down to 1280x720 or it drops to too low a framerate though I can get by on the lower rez.

15. kreegor

kreegor Member

It was also in Crysis with the added bonus of being able to see your foot prints in the sand as you ran. FEAR did it first I think.

I also quite like how getting up from prone to kneeling or straight to standing takes a bit of time as well. I remember in BF2 that you could go from prone to running in an instant whereas this feels more real.

16. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Id love to be able to compare peoples reactions and comments on BF2 when it first came out to the comments now. Be amusing.

17. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

get onto Team DM no lag, lotsa action :D 335spm 1.8 k\d

18. Baboy

Baboy (Banned or Deleted)

Read away !

:D

19. XxDeadlyxX

XxDeadlyxX Member

Even with the bugs, this game will shit on MW3 and then shit on it again ;)

20. Mau1wurf1977

Mau1wurf1977 (Banned or Deleted)

Yea TM is awesome. Not missing conquest one bit to be honest :Paranoid: