Battlefield 3

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Frontl1ne, Jun 11, 2009.

1. AthlonMan

AthlonMan (Banned or Deleted)

There are no medics! :lol:

2. Ogre

Ogre Member

And thats why you don't play on clans servers

MAG was bad on BC2 as well

3. elephantman

elephantman Member

More servers need to have Damavand Peak in their rotation, seriously awesome map.

4. elephantman

elephantman Member

MAG and TOG were the worst ever in BC2, would expect the same in BF3 or any other game.

5. gregpolk

gregpolk Member

The guy with a little cross for his class carrying health packs and a defib would question that.

6. Hardwhere

Hardwhere Member

I pride myself on getting kicked on a clan server. It just means you are good.

7. Mau1wurf1977

Mau1wurf1977 (Banned or Deleted)

To be fair one spots the common medpac (compared to the ammo box) a lot more frequently when wondering across the battlefield.

8. bohemyth

bohemyth Member

Why do people keep comparing BF3 to real life? You don't get to die and respawn at flag B in real life.

You just DIE.

9. Ogre

Ogre Member

Unless a medic revives you

10. therazza

therazza Member

that was cool, nice post! :thumbup:

11. gregpolk

gregpolk Member

Did you read the comment I was replying to?

That's a description not only of the medics in the battlefield series but actual medics as well. Medics do actually exist you know? They might not magically heal bullet wounds using a defib but they do their best to 'revive' soldiers.

12. DeejW

DeejW Member

i really wish amd would get an official driver that actually improves performance with crossfire, its basically giving me no performance increase at the moment. tried their unoficial drivers and the game crashes constantly :thumbdn:

13. dreamaxx

dreamaxx (Banned or Deleted)

Man, I'm loving the first weapon for Assault... With a couple of extras on it (foregrip, 4x zoom and flashlight) it is a kick ass gun at range or close up :D

I am really loving BF3 at the moment although I can see what people mean about not liking advantages... The thing is, you have a major advantage in any game when you've played many hours of it versus noobies... Holy crap would I own noobies in CSS when I used to play, you just know the timings, the recoil, tricks, throwing nades smartly - the list is endless.... So regardless, playing against very experienced players is always lame ;)

Hey KillerBunny what was your alias in CSS?

14. amisty

amisty Member

can some please explain to me ( noobi to mult player) why i unlock gun options but dont see them on the gun! am i missing something do i have to add them, are they for a different gun? i unlocked a gun and i dont see it anywhere! please help.

15. DeejW

DeejW Member

just before you spawn go to the customise tab, its all in there. dont worry took me a bit to work out too

16. stocky

stocky Member

You gotta customize the gun in the options to include the new accessories.

17. radeon_freak

radeon_freak Member

OMFG I jumped back in the same server and ended up getting booted a second time :lol: It seems they kick anyone who is smashing them in the kills etc. Kids these days, and if they happen to be over the age of 10, then even more shame :thumbdn:

On a brighter note, im loving the AEK-971 and smoke grens on the close quarters maps with choke points.

18. Merudo

Merudo Member

Tell me about it - you should play on a team deathmatch server as a medic! or the river seine map in 64 player - find a choke point, and just save many guys lives! You'll not only end up top of the ladder but you'll provide your team neccessary support to keep the heat on the enemy so that you can win

19. shadowman

shadowman Member

What the what? Stingers/IGLA are easy to at least disable a vehicle, but does depend on who’s calling who’s bluff. Sometimes I’ll ‘test’ lockon just to see if they fire flares. I haven’t flown aircraft, so I’m not sure if there is a different tone for missile incoming vs. missile lockon. Anyway, I usually get lockon, wait for flares, then fire. Sometimes (dunno if this is a glitch or not), I fire the missile just as they release flares and it ignores the flares (may depend on angle of attack too). My accuracy on stingers/IGLA is around 40%, the other 60% is from taking a chance and firing before they release flares.

It does take a bit of getting used to, but I reckon the balance is pretty spot on for surface to air, although aircraft probably need a bit more ground pounding a bit earlier on. It does get a bit trickier if they have the stealth perk that makes it harder to lock on, but usually they’ll choose something else over this. Going to be interesting to see how we go once the final perk is unlocked, which is basically a lockon jammer for a brief period.

Ingame name is Xyrgh so feel free to add me :)

I avoid MAG servers at all costs. The admins are a bunch of idiots. I’ve been kicked a couple of times in BC2 for stopping the opposing team capping the flag closest to their spawn because it wasn’t ‘fair’.

20. PabloEscobar

PabloEscobar Member

That took me a while to find as well. I think it may be due to having to match the console interface that its hidden away how it is.

I don't really like the unlock system. It just provides a barrier of entry to new players that really should not be there for a FPS game. Hisotically, I would die because I am bad. Now, I die both because I am bad, and because the better player also gets the better upgrades quicker. If you want to give the gamer upgrade, give it to the people that are failing with the basic guns :).

A Poor server browser has always been a problem with BF games. I was hoping taking it out of the game would fix it. But servers still randomly do not show up. At least with Battlelog, they can patch it without needing to patch the entire game.