1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Battlefield 3

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Frontl1ne, Jun 11, 2009.

1. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Who was on ocau server last night, had a awesome session. My internet worked flawlessly, no boots and was just all round insane madness.

2. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Personally I like caspian border and the desert one (cant remember name, too drunk)

Back to Karkhand is rumoured to be December

3. Bertross

Bertross Member

Ill have my Asus CU 2 6970 2GB tomorrow and i run the game at Ultra/no AA/no Blur/SSAO on

expected frame rates??? 2560x1440 just a ballpark is fine.

I am coming from SLI 570s but they kept running out of VRAM.

I don't mind going back to all High as i can't tell the diff TBH.

4. Iro

Iro Member

Conversely to this I was on Caspian the other night and randomly picked up an enemies Engineer kit by mistake. Not wanting it to go to waste I threw a few AT mines down and ran away only to forget about them.

A few minutes later I was treated to a flurry of numbers on my screen as a fully loaded vehicle trundled over them and leaving my completely confused as to what I had actually done.

5. amisty

amisty Member

why would anyone play with out points? fun?

i read somewhere it was december. Could even be end of november by reading this.

http://bf3blog.com/battlefield-3-back-to-karkand/

6. Axium

Axium Member

Picking it up today, excited! (Preordered a month ago :shock:)

7. Archades

Archades Member

SVD takes 2-4 shots to kill someone, gg. Played assault for a while and omg that was so easy, just spray and pray and people died like crazy, hell the m16 seems to hit harder than the svd. SV98 is pretty nice, great on hardcore as body shots kill, but taking out snipers 500m+ away is quite fun.

The main "battle" tanks are weak pieces of shit and you're better off using rpg's to take out other tanks, 4-5 120mm rounds and then the other tank decides to go bang?

I've read a lot of people say the bf3 joystick controls are terribad, bf2 was much more precise....fucking console developers, I fail to see how hard it is to make a game that can have a way to work decently with joystick and joypad...

8. taovdg

taovdg Member

Still waiting for my goddamn preorder to arrive from Ozgameshop! Had an email a week ago saying they'd shipped it and it would take 4-7 days to arrive. WTH is the point of preorder if I don't get my game on release! :mad:

Really want to play this game, dreaming of the beta... all other games are boring at the moment, ran through Portal 2 quickly...

9. Killing Time

Killing Time Member

People that are having the crashing every 5 mins bug, try running the game on med or low settings, it works well for me, i think that the game or the drivers nvidia or amd try to work the gfx cards too hard causing the game to crash on some setups.

10. mr_s

mr_s Member

Punbuster off would mean hackers picked up by PB will not be insta banned from your server.

Rank off means you dont get any points towards your soldier.

11. Baboy

Baboy (Banned or Deleted)

6 days ago.....

:mad: :shock: :o :eek:

:D

12. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Whats peoples favourite gun?

Oh and if your riding shot gun in my tank DON'T FUCKEN SHOOT AT HELI'S. Why? It pisses them off then they come fly overhead and blow the shit of my shiny new tank.

13. darth_wolf

darth_wolf Member

hmm, might change the scope on my SKS tonight from holo to IR.

14. AthlonMan

AthlonMan (Banned or Deleted)

Helis are so much more powerful now!

15. Marksman X

Marksman X Member

I shot down 4 heli's last night as a gunner. 2 of those were as a gunner in a damn jeep :p
    Also, tanks stand out like dogs balls from a helicoptor - especially if you've been spotted.

Drive faster, or better yet shoot them down yourself. :thumbup:

16. iinsom

iinsom Member

Wtf, you had an email 7 days ago saying it would take 4-7 days to arrive...

Er, my mind doesnt compute..

17. mr_s

mr_s Member

There are a number of people in this boat.
    Wish they sent the cd-key code in the email, that way we could have downloaded it.

I'm hopeful I receive it today

18. purehybrid

purehybrid Member

Sadly, all guns seem to be much of a muchness, with the 2nd last unlock being the exception.

IE, assault weapons are all "okay", then you get the f2000 and everything exploads.
    similarly, all the bolt actions are "okay", then you get the M98B... :Paranoid:

19. s4mmy

s4mmy Member

Thats what happens, all of my mates who boycotted origin because they said it would fail and was to expensive, they are still waiting for their copies but i've been playing since day 1. :)

Serves them (and you if you were one of them) right for being a scroodge! :p

20. Jay

Jay Member

Hi Theodorou. I was in a game with you last night. Yes, I had a wheel plugged in from iRacing earlier on in the night. Yes, the heli went sideways on takeoff. No, you didn't have to be an arsehole about it.