Battlefield 3

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Frontl1ne, Jun 11, 2009.

1. japes

japes Member

So is saying BC2 has better gameplay. Hurr derp.

2. lothloriel

lothloriel Member

I never said it had better gameplay. I said it was a better game overall. learn2english.

BC2 was dice's testing ground for bringing in the gimmicky bullshit, BF3 brought it in in full force.

It's all there for the little kiddies after that "YOU KILLED AN ENEMY *FLASHING COLOURS AND WRITING AND NUMBERS*" crack hit to the brain.

"Congratulations for walking 100m." "You have received the 100 metre walk medal" :lol:

Yes, i'll stand by my opinion that BF3 is full of gimmicky nonsense that detracts immensely from what could have been a very good game.

3. sirshelldrake

sirshelldrake Member

FUUUUUUUUUUU

I HATE THIS CTD SHIT!

Was leading in score even as healer, 0 k 4d but a shit load of revives and I get crashed ... FARK!
    Would have got my MVP award

4. Dr Evil

Dr Evil Member

Everytime I play a second time on any server it has 'Diconnected from EA'. Does this after I leave the first server and join a different one.

Also one thing that frustrates me (which isn't problems...) its when you play Operation Metro and if your losing on the US team, the RU team rapes the spawn. 3 deaths in a row a stupid recon spamming the spawn...

5. Dr Evil

Dr Evil Member

What? seems pretty populated to me

6. sirshelldrake

sirshelldrake Member

That's pretty much the exact as me, I never finish the second round.

7. FromPaul

FromPaul Member

had an absolute whale on one of those metro conquest maps, resupply king, 45 ribbons, support is fun on those, its not just assault fags spamming teh m320 and frag grenades.

8. japes

japes Member

I remember when you brought this up previously, you were complaining about how long it takes to unlock all the weapons, and speaking about how its just to keep all the 'kids' entertained. Looks like you're still complaining about that. Here's a hot tip for you, might help: If you don't give a shit about the ribbons, who cares? They happen as you play; you can choose to either play for them, or just play and you might eventually get them.

I'm a perfectionist, I want to one day look at my Battlelog and see a full list of Awards and ribbons. Problem? Join the fanclub of others that dislike me for petty reasons.

BF2 medals/ribbons/awards were harder, without any shadow of a doubt. Anyone remember the War College Ribbon (before it was nerfed)? Fuck that. http://ubar.bf2s.com/index.php - have a browse at that 'gimmicky' shit. You're misinformed if you think BC2 introduced all of this.

BC2 was a dumbed-down console port that brought destruction and pretty graphics to the table.

9. bojo

bojo Member

Not really, flares popped to time for stinger to lock on (when they have stealth) is the time it takes for flares to regen. This is screwed by the fact that flares drop nonlaunched locks. If waited for flares to go, (without firing mine), locked on and fired to watch flares pop again.

I don't want to kill the jet. I want to make it at least break from it's dive/chasing allied jets. Currently it's just a case of "lol I hold down X and AA missiles will never ever ever hurt me, no matter how many are locked on"

You need an AA tank or aircraft. You can only take down a jet with the stinger if they are noobs, and half decent pilot is invincible from AA missiles with flares and stealth equipped.

The only teamwork that works against jets is soflam+guided missiles. Or perhaps having multiple aircraft go after them. Stingers just don't do shit.

10. Opti

Opti Member

I just had my first rage quit from a 3FL server. I had the weakest team EVER possible. We were pushed right back to our base and the opposing team just surrounded us and camped our flag and picked everyone off. Nearly everyone on our side just tried to hide and shoot back without even try to attack and move forward.
    I was sooo angry I nearly put a hole in my U3011.:mad:

11. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

So your complaining about the other team accomplishing the goal of the game? Maybe you should try this I hear its pretty good.

12. mr_s

mr_s Member

This is incorrect.
    Only if you spawn on it as recon again.

If you change class to medic/etc, it wont self destruct

13. FOXH0UND

FOXH0UND Member

Fuck, I sure am sick of retarded fucks that don't revive, and cost us the round.

14. mr_s

mr_s Member

Relax bro, its just a fkn game...
    Either:
    Switch teams
    Go to another server

I lol'd because I have this game

15. japes

japes Member

He's actually complaining about his team.

This was changed last patch (or was it a server patch when the PS3 got their update last week?). It now destroys regardless of what class.

16. mr_s

mr_s Member

FUCK.....!
    Basically the only word that could describe my feeling ATM.
    Just yell it out, and drag the f a bit... so satisfying

17. Queenie

Queenie Member

But WHY THE FUCK DOES IT DESTROY ANYWAY

18. Dodoman

Dodoman Member

Fuck... Dice hates recon I suppose :lol:.

19. kdawgsss

kdawgsss Member

Anyone else got banned from a server for no reason?

man i was playing on "AU OG_BloodArena BF3 #3 *** 24/7 METRO II" where the spamfest begins

with my gf and a friend, my score was like 32 - 0 "ZERO" because a death doesn't get recorded if you get revived? if it did get recorded i woulda died 5 - 10 times.

My gf loves that level, cause she gets tonnes of points just from reviving and throwing down med packs and now i can't play it with her cause i got "BANNED".

For what reason... there's people in the server using MAVs, m320s etc and getting 117 kills 0 deaths and i don't see them getting banned. And im always the one whos plays support to shoot down the MAVs.

What The Hell ! :upset:

20. mattg

mattg Member

got kicked from a server when i got my first realy good game. their excuse was that i was camping WTF. i didnt stop moving once! :confused::thumbdn: missed out on all those lovely points about 2 minutes before the end of the match