Battlefield 3

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Frontl1ne, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Unframed

Unframed Member

I'm anything but elitist. I just like to have fun even if it ends with a 1:8 KD ratio.

2. Dodoman

Dodoman Member

Whoever Wizzard Man is in the OCAU BF3 group, your account has been hacked. I had a nice chat with your hacker just now.

3. shippuuden

shippuuden Member

4. PabloEscobar

PabloEscobar Member

Good, More and more servers are getting their plug-ins sorted. Less 12 year olds swearing = better gaming experience for me.

5. Philll

Philll Member

Except it was to see what would happen if I did say it after the server warned us every 3 seconds, ask Foxhound if you like.

"I hate that c*** of a tank" - who would that hurt?

It's amazing to me that a game rated MA15+ for "Strong war violence and coarse language" has so many nanny admins on power trips or with too much time on their hands. Are they deaf to the characters in game constantly swearing over radio chatter? Why try to censor it, everyone knew what they were in for when buying it. I can still act like a 12 year old using a tonne of words that aren't banned so that theory goes right out the window.

"I just shot one guy in the face, crushed 3 people under the tracks of my tank, KNIFED SOMEONE IN THE NECK very graphically in first person view, blew up another and burnt my best mates face with a blowtorch... then someone said **** :( I was so upset"

HTFU

6. iinsom

iinsom Member

Yeah, i hate it too

"Im gettin fucked in the ass over here"

But you call someone an asshole, and you get banned for swearing? Yeah ok...

7. G3ck0

G3ck0 Member

Well first off, the game isn't anywhere near as violent as you described. And secondly, there is a big difference between general swearing, and calling someone an "asshole". If it's just something like "Oh f*** that was close", I can see that being fine. But if you constantly swear, or swear directly AT people, I can understand you getting banned for that.

8. Wozzernux

Wozzernux Member

Because sticking a knife up through someone's jaw into their head isn't violent at all... :rolleyes:

9. Philll

Philll Member

So you can't commit those acts?

And as above.

10. sirshelldrake

sirshelldrake Member

I too am glad of the admins starting to kick people for the language. I'm not against swearing, but it's the abusive swearing that wears thin fairly quickly. I love quality banter, but when it's a constant stream of "F@$ u C*%$ I did your mother" type crap, then sorry, that's childish.

11. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Really, you're that fucking sensitive that you can't handle some random stranger calling you a C&*^? LOL!!

GTFO --> Barbie Fashion Show is that way.

12. Philll

Philll Member

There's a big difference between swearing and abusing someone, and again, anyone can do it without swearing.

13. Vohaul

Vohaul Member

Got a 6 hour ban last week for saying c***s!. Was playing in a squad with 2 other mates. One decided to kill me with an under slung rail grenade. So I killed and revived him. He TK'd me back. Other mate decided to join in on the fun.

In Squad chat I said "very funny c***s!" Then got kicked. If it was in team or all chat, I wouldn't of really cared. Thought it was a bit much when the only people who could read it was my squad mates.

14. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

I stand by my comment. If some abuses me I couldn't give too shits, in fact I find it quite amusing, especially after tea bagging them for the third time in a row.

15. PabloEscobar

PabloEscobar Member

Abuse of other players should be bannable... It's simply not needed. but it's hard to automate that. Hence the wordlist related kicks.

If you wouldn't say it to a stranger in a bar, why would you say it to a stranger on the internet?

16. G3ck0

G3ck0 Member

First off, yes I can stab someone in the throat with a knife, but it really doesn't look that violent, at all. I've seen more violent M rated movies.

And I can handle being sworn at and abused, but while I'm playing a game I don't really want some douche bag constantly abusing me for absolutely no reason, it's just annoying and pathetic.

17. Wozzernux

Wozzernux Member

If you let it annoy you, then it will. Press H to hide the chat window during play :thumbup:

It's fun trolling the BF3 haters who reply in chat with "fag" every time you sneak up and knife them, after you find them hiding in the same spot with an M98B three times in a row.

18. Philll

Philll Member

But your original statement was as if banning swear words fixed this from happening. It does not

As for the knife kills, I'd call jamming a knife up under someones jaw and into their head pretty violent, maybe you haven't seen that one

19. mr_s

mr_s Member

Hahaha, "family friendly servers" are a fucking joke.
    You should hear me rant about how parents fail at parenting and whatnot on TF2

20. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Hmm let me see, game = fake, pub = RL.

Oh and don't tell me what I would and wouldn't do, I know plenty of mates and seen plenty of strangers who do exactly that.

User name Pablo and you're so sensitive, oh teh ironing.

I think whiny little bitches should be banned but I don't get my way, why should you?