1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Battlefield 4

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Zerstorer, Jul 14, 2012.

1. FoBZY

FoBZY Member

ive been on the syd server i think.

I havent played an fps on pc since counterstrike (original)...I used to do ok on bf3 on ps3 but I suck at bf4. I usually start off pretty well but by the end of the game im like 10-22 k/d :(

2. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

i love watching the dam get breached, flooding with water right up close at 60fps :D

3. The MWNN

The MWNN Member

Now that the 320 does damage to vehicles though you can still make them be a little cautious.

I also generally preferred hardcore in BF3 but I find BF4 much more fun in normal mode for some reason.

4. Domokun

Domokun Member

I've mainly played against the clan in question on dedicated Operation Locker (Domination) servers, so no vehicles unfortunately. Obviously, the purpose of being in a squad with clan members (or friends) is to work together in this manner, so that's fine. However, I find them to be disrespectful and hypocritical (the irony of me making that statement isn't lost on me, I can assure you). I played with one of them in a squad yesterday (or perhaps it was the day before) who was tearing strips off a guy on VOIP because he wouldn't drop an ammo box. The point he was making was valid. However, as a medic he hadn't dropped a medical kit or performed a revive the whole game. Although I play against them primarily, I've found that to be a regular occurrence when I'm on the same team as them (i.e. you don't get assisted or revived unless you're in their clan). That probably comes across as being petty, but so be it.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  5. Alper

Alper Member

Negative, hardcore in bf3 could have a minimap with the enemy spots on them, just didnt have 3D spotting but most importantly, it had a compass.

6. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

i hate that map and flood zone...urgh

zavod 311 and paracel storm are good though.

7. 6wolfy9

6wolfy9 Member

Just finished my exams and looking to jump right in! wheres the cheapest place to pick this up so far? Origin mexico? :D

8. PabloEscobar

PabloEscobar Member

Parcel Storm is easily the best map of the game so far.

If you could drive the big boats... it would have a very Wake-Island circa 1942 feel to it.

9. AthlonMan

AthlonMan (Banned or Deleted)

I'd say Paracel is one of my least favourite maps.

10. Domokun

Domokun Member

It [Operation Locker] isn't bad on domination. On conquest though, it's a nightmare (due to the chokepoints at C). The domination game mode appeals to me in BF4 in the same way COD did, in the sense that it's easy to jump into an action packed game for 30 minutes without having to take things too seriously.

Correct. It's approximately $73 AUD for Battlefield 4 (standard edition) with the premium upgrade.

11. Infest

Infest Member

I hated Domination in CoD, but I enjoy it in BF4.. Not sure why.

12. The MWNN

The MWNN Member

I don't mind operation locker, I enjoy flanking via the snowy route.

In fact I like pretty much all the maps barring one or two on rush where it seems to be extremely difficult for attackers.

13. shadowman

shadowman Member

So had a decent session last night (still only Rank 7, lost about 40,000 points from server crashes :upset:).

Running GTX670 SLI, latest drivers, changed maxvariablefps to 200, installed the latest directx......still getting huge spikes (CPU and GPU at the same time) and massive stutter. Checked Realtemp and Afterburner, no issues with temperatures. Practically checked all the tips on the Reddit post, nothing has really helped.

Maxvariable fps helped a bit, but still get huge spikes randomly and massive slowdown for explosions. Annoying the shit out of me, think I might play just the campaign tonight.

For future reference, you need to change the install directory in Origin, then start reinstalling BF4. Once it's started downloading, pause the download, exit Origin. Copy your old BF4 directory over to the new directory, start Origin, right click BF4 and resume the download. It takes a few minutes, but eventually works it self out and does a repair install (I think you may just be able to righjt click BF4 and do a repair install too).

14. Domokun

Domokun Member

In case you missed it, here's some video footage of the remake of Operation Metro.

Are you using deferred anti-aliasing (as opposed to post anti-aliasing) by any chance?

15. disguisey

disguisey Member

When I do managed to get a chance to play sat nights-tues nights it is generally on either that server or games.on.net WA servers.

Joshuablue35 is the name.

16. iinsom

iinsom Member

I really like the redone Metro, although the elevators really will do not much else other then have sets of guys in each corner facing them instead of the stairs lol

17. shadowman

shadowman Member

I am indeed, 4xMSAA, is this an issue?

(Funnily enough, just googled some screenshots of the video settings so I make sure I know what your talking about, I always get deferred and post mixed up. Anyway, I found a guy running the same setup as me and he turned MSAA off and it fixed his problems).

18. dav3

dav3 Member

With any luck it will split the constant stream of grenades and m320s and make it easier to push through, most of the people who do it aren't smart enough to look anywhere except the spot they're spamming.

19. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

wow! flood zone dropped into the 30s when playing in a 64-player game...probably should go into smaller sized games :D

20. dARCKLOWN

dARCKLOWN Member

I'm quite liking the redesigned bf3 maps, Capsicum Border looks pretty slick, especially when the tower comes down!

*Fixed! Cheers r8response!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013