1. Check out OCAU's review of the SpaceX Starlink satellite internet service!
    Dismiss Notice

Battlefield 4

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Zerstorer, Jul 14, 2012.

1. JugV2

JugV2 Member

Piss funny last night on a HC server playing Shanghai. The building had fallen, some dick in a gunboat was patrolling around C trying to protect it from us.
    I jumped in the water and dove underneath, then as he went past I surfaced, planted C4 and blew his arse up. Took out three guys on the boat.

I think he had no idea how anyone could C4 him while he was on a boat..

2. mshagg

mshagg Politburo

Finally unlocked C4 last night. Pro tip: dont spawn in a jeep if im driving it :tongue:

3. Unframed

Unframed Member

He never said BF was realistic just HC is more realistic, which it is. Doesn't make it a better mode or anything just closer to the amount of shots a person can take and no regenerating health etc.

4. Unframed

Unframed Member

Haha in hardcore this can be a problem for me.

5. JugV2

JugV2 Member

C4 is awesome especially when you can be above a tank and drop C4 on them or near them.
    Be sure to get safely away then type "BOOM" in global chat before you detonate.

I have learned this.

6. Schumi275

Schumi275 Member

Yeah man I hear ya:thumbup:. This is what makes hardcore so awesome, I can just aim a RPG near someone and they DIE!. Don't even have to hit them. Those softcore bitches can't handle that shit...

7. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

hmmm...it's asking me to install or patch the game before playing yet it is installed and it's the latest version.

8. Alper

Alper Member

imo why not a good blend

If HC - Have minimap
    If softcore - No killcam, no 3d spot

That is the best compromise IMO.

Why in the flying fuck you dont get a compass in HC is beyond me but anyway, ill save my rant for later :lol:

9. JugV2

JugV2 Member

That might be the registry issue that some people have had.

Does it prevent you from loading the game totally or just say "China Rising not installed"?

Log out of Origin then back in. Might need to do that if you have just finished installing it so it picks up the latest patches properly.

10. timsarg

timsarg Member

because HC is meant to be more "realistic" according to one eyed HC fans , so you would have lost your compass in a firefight hence no compass

11. Unframed

Unframed Member

:rolleyes: It is more realistic.

Compass would be awesome in HC. Also why don't we get "Killed by XsackToucHerx" etc in HC any more? Mad pain in the arse.

12. Alper

Alper Member

Anyone that denies that besides the better damage model in my eyes, HC breaks the game so severly is highly deluded.

There are some things that i find very stupid about softcore, but it does not compare to how broken HC makes this game.

- No compass (not sure if anyone else realises but you get verbal queues on enemy location in relation to where you are all the time, This functionality becomes useless)

-spotting is made redundant. ( a good compromise would be, minimap spotting but no dorito on the minimap if someone shoots a non supressed weapon)

-friendly mines, claymores (before all you mofos start saying its more realistic, get off your high horse, this game even in hardcore is about as far from realistic as you can get, yeah, jumping from jet to heli mid air is pretty realistic bro :lol:) Things like this do nothing but throw the game MORE out of balance

-Commander becomes useless (not that it's of any use anyway)

- As much as i like the damage model in HC, the gun balance is thrown completely out the window. GG bro.

- nade imbalance, dat impact nade bro. GG

Its very clear that HC was an afterthought regarding game balance. There is no denieing that the many mechanics in this game (flying, infantry, vehicle) where all designed and balanced around softcore. For the most part when playing as part of a decent squad, softcore is way more fun on game modes like rush and conquest, if you are forever alone though, it tends to get old very quickly. e.g. fire at someone and then have an entire team see your dorito and attack with helicopters, tanks and if you are super lucky, 30mm cannon from a frogfoot :lol:

I personally thing that softcore, with no 3d spotting and friendly fire on is the best compromise while still keeping the differing mechanics balanced.

13. timsarg

timsarg Member

please enlighten me with reasons other than one shot kill :lol:

14. Unframed

Unframed Member

My main gripe with SC is how shit bolt rifles are. They are slow firing high powered, slow reloading guns. If they require multiple shots for a kill they become useless.

15. Unframed

Unframed Member

Shooting team mates kills them.
    Running through a claymore causes you to die, no matter who set it.
    You don't need a whole clip to drop someone without armour.

More realistic =/= realistic

16. JugV2

JugV2 Member

My biggest gripe with HC, despite preferring HC to SC, is that someone can sit a long way away and spray at you with whatever weapon, and only one or two of those need to hit you to kill you.

As opposed to being closer, risking getting shot themselves, and using some semblance of skill.

Like last night some peanut was sitting in spawn in a LAV just using it as a sniping weapon. I was miles away and a couple bullets must have hit me.
    Pissweak.

17. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

Yeah it is totally shit not being able to run around the map willie nillie, bunny hoping as you go, cause you might get shot.:rolleyes:

18. Alper

Alper Member

i think that's the point though, it really allows you to be mobile with your squad, sniping may not be easy, but if you can figure out the mechanics, its still a one shot kill in the head with most good bolt actions.

i guess my point is, sniping being hard is no reason to throw the game out of wack balance wise.

In regards to the guns being unbalanced, in hardcore, snipers are WAY op. Its fairly hard playing with objectives in mind when you are shit scared to run around because of one hit wonders all around you.

This may be 'realistic' :)rolleyes:) but it does nothing in regards to delivering the experience this game was built for.

Sniping has been made into more of an art form with the zeroeing capabilities and different scope options, it should be treated as such. It isn't impossible to be a very good sniper in softcore, so saying that sniping sucks in softcore is more of a reflection on your personal inability to make use of the mechanic rather than the fault of the game itself.

19. JugV2

JugV2 Member

Or... you could get off your lazy arse and try to actually do a bit of squad work and get close enough to kill rather than, as I have specifically mentioned, sitting in spawn in a vehicle just churning away randomly hoping to hit someone because you know HC will reward you with a kill for your laziness.

:rolleyes:

20. Unframed

Unframed Member

If you've seen my vids, getting a headshot isn't an issue in any mode, however some headshots over a certain distance require 2 shots even with the SRR. I don't camp (unless I want to annoy) but often take 300+m headshots, in SC this becomes a pretty big pain.

I think BF3 worked well in HC with bolt actions, they were only 1SK from the chest up, stomach and below required 2 shots.