1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Battlefield 4

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Zerstorer, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Unframed

Unframed Member

They both have their merits. I find with the random hit related issues norm can be a massive pain but 3D spotting and minimap are nice touches.

2. Statitica

Statitica Member

HC has the same hitbox/netcode issues...?

3. Unframed

Unframed Member

This is correct, but 1:3 rounds hitting (not actual ratio) makes less impact with lowered health.

4. sween64

sween64 Member

Jug, Chardiee and I just had four great games of hard core. I hadn't played hard core in months but joined because squading up with mics is always fun. I enjoyed it.

It was difficult at first not having the mini map or 3d spotting, but I got used to it. The cat and mouse game when I'm playing infantry trying to M2 SLAM a tank is a lot more fun. Not knowing where the tank is and peering around the corner just hoping they don't have their turret pointing directly at you.

We lost two, one two. Nansha Strike was easily my best game. We had a great fight over the Fortification cap (two buildings and a heli pad).

Thanks guys!

5. 5tumpy

5tumpy Member

Not when you have never actually played the game and your opinion is based on other people's opinions... It's like a virgin saying that sex isn't any different to jerking off because he got a handy at recess...

6. japes

japes Member

Please list the substantial differences between BF3 and BF4 Hardcore.

I'll do it for you.

1. Nothing.

You have once again avoided everything of relevance again and chosen to stick to the one point that you believe devalues my experienced opinion. You're welcome to enjoy hardcore, play what you find fun. Don't for even a second believe that hardcore requires more skill or is targeted at the high level players, though. It always has and always will be a crutch for players with poor mechanics playing it under the facade of realism, something which it's laughably not.

Last edited: May 26, 2014
  7. the_pessimist

the_pessimist Member

This is like a first year physics student arguing with a professor in physics (one that's currently failing miserably)

8. NoMorality

NoMorality Member

battlefield 4 is a fun game.

9. dARCKLOWN

dARCKLOWN Member

Some people will play normal and some people will play Hardcore, both groups find the fun in their chosen modes so stop being a dickhead and generalizing a large chunk of the player base just because you don't like one of the modes.

10. kha-khees

kha-khees Member

It's astounding how many people do this in all sorts of dialogue. To see it on a level as (not) serious as gaming is pretty sad though.

Heh. Well, at the rate FPSG are going they'll only have the dregs left to play in their crappy, crappy servers.

11. NoMorality

NoMorality Member

battlefield 4 is a really fun game

12. Chardiieee

Chardiieee Member

fun is 4 a really battlefield.

13. Paulie_AU

Paulie_AU Member

I am getting the no expansions installed, despite them previously working prior to OS crash. BF4 lives on a separate SSD, so was no problem with rolling in a new OS.......

I have repaired from Origin (first time took ages, figured it was fixing it) which hasn't worked, have logged out/in restarted etc.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I will keep browsing the web to find a solution, but if anyone has it at hand, that would be most helpful.

Cheers

14. the_pessimist

the_pessimist Member

Here you go, From EA forums

15. Paulie_AU

Paulie_AU Member

Yeah thanks Tarek001, was just coming back to say I found it...... original search didn't find it. After posting here next search did. :thumbup:

I have to remember to do this for my Nephew next time I am at his house. He cannot get his to work (so just plays other games...spoilt brat)...

16. Unframed

Unframed Member

A few pages back someone asked how BF4 looked on triple/ultrawide monitors. After setting up my U2913WM I can say it looks great and is pretty handy for spotting.

17. Paulie_AU

Paulie_AU Member

How is the response time....and is it actually noticable? Been thinking an ultra wide screen as it will suit my study more than a taller 26x1600 monitor.

18. Statitica

Statitica Member

Getting so sick of the rubber banding. It's so bad on my end atm that I will aim, shoot, move behind cover, stay behind cover for around a second and then die.

How a competitive scene even exists is beyond me right now.

19. the_pessimist

the_pessimist Member

That's why i cant wait till they pump up that tick-rate, i think it would solve a lot of those issues.

20. Chardiieee

Chardiieee Member

CMooooooon tickrate.

Does anyone know what the actual figure is? I think it has no more than Minecraft, which is like 20 tps (ticks/second) at most, which is inexcusably low for a high tier FPS title. Doubling it wouldnt be enough, and I expect as much as 75-100 tps if theres ever hope of a competitive scene.