1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Battlefield 4

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Zerstorer, Jul 14, 2012.

1. headin2001

headin2001 Member

Just download the software, I can message you the details in Battlelog to join us. Some on most nights still, really helps, otherwise get a mic going and use the squad chat with people you know.

2. bozodos

bozodos Member

I started playing again the other day after a long break, like someone else mentioned it's hard learning to play the game again! Runs so much better these days.

3. dewy

dewy Member

Anyone who has been playing but sooking about not having the expansions, they are ALL free for a limited time, get on it!

4. nicholasporison

nicholasporison Member

'Battlefield 4' Expansions Available for Free on Xbox one, Xbox 360, PS4, and PC. yesterday news ;)

5. aussie-revhead

aussie-revhead Member

Guys, I have an issue at the moment, when I join a game it all seems to be working as normal, the logo pops up in the task bar but then disappears. Battlelog says I am in game but I can not see a game on screen, any ideas? Reboot, same. Tried Ie and edge, same. Disabled sli, same.

:(

6. aussie-revhead

aussie-revhead Member

Guys, quick question, which is best for BF4 :

1. 1920 x 1080 high hz
    2. 2560x1440 (my qnix does 100hz)
    3. 4k 60hz g-sync

:thumbup:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  7. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

1440p is a good middle ground.

8. aussie-revhead

aussie-revhead Member

As added, thats what I already have. Is g-sync really all that?

9. Ogre

Ogre Member

Get 1440 with g-sync

10. aussie-revhead

aussie-revhead Member

Is there one that isnt too dear (not a Predator or Swift)?

11. trevor68

trevor68 Member

If you have 1440 now why the change?

G-Sync and Freesync are both just wank factor tech to sell monitors really.

Never seen tearing in a game myself.

12. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

most are close or over $1k.

13. aussie-revhead

aussie-revhead Member

Coz it was cheap so there must be something better ...

;)

14. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

*FACEPALM*

G-sync/Freesync even though they are marketed as for just removing tearing..are not.. Adaptive V-sync fixed that YEARS AGO..

they eliminate frame stutter from sudden FPS dips making them damn good..

http://www.blurbusters.com/gsync/preview/

IF you can afford 1440p IPS G-Sync, do it.. its amazing!

15. trevor68

trevor68 Member

My point exactly, including the bit about tearing, if you don't get "sudden framerate dips" now, then you just spent a tonne of money for nothing, but hey, it sounds cool. :thumbup:

16. aussie-revhead

aussie-revhead Member

It sounds like it works better with marginal gpus, guys with lots of HP wont need it right?

17. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

It is useless for games like CS:GO where FPS will be 144fps (or max HZ) 100% of time, but for other games like Battlefield 1 where FPS dip under refresh rate it is very helpfull. Apart from G-sync these panels also have very good IQ IPS panel, low response rate, good viewing angles, 1440p res, so you arent wasting $ if G-sync isnt always in action. Admiteddly G-sync does add like $200 to price though, its expensive.. be better if adaptive sync takes off.

Well 1440p @ 144hz+ takes some grunt to run it.. Even a Titan XP wont hold 144fps 100% of the time on battlefield 1 on ultra with some AA.. and some poorly optimised games benefit as no matter what you throw at them there is FPS dips.

How I explain it in battlefield 4 for example on my 1070, some action used to dip down to 90fps or so and when doing so would feel 'chunky' for a second while it transitions down if it held at 90fps it remained smooth. With G-sync the transition is seamless and 144fps down to 90fps (smoothness wise) isn't major so you don't notice it..

Anyway I suggest if you get a chance you should see g-sync/freesync in action before and after and make mind up that way.

Anyway back on topic.. ... eh stuff BF4, off to BF1 :D

Last edited: Oct 19, 2016
  18. roamin

roamin Member

they sound like words from someone who has never owned one.

they make a massive difference. i had a pg287q asus rog given to me by a great friend. so i didnt pay the huge amount they cost so im not exactly defending my purchase. but i can tell you now i wont have a monitor without gsync. its a massive improvement and i love it! i run older kepler 6gb titans and i dont always make more then 144hz therefor i get a massive amount of tearing i notice now when gsync is not on.

if you dont make the fps your monitor can handle then you will get tearing/stuttering. it happens to everyone, theres endless threads and reviews of monitors and so on talking about these issues and have been talking about it for many years. theres also many in depth gsync reviews showing you how much these issues are improved with gsync on.

people try and say that 144hz is no different to 60hz and its pointless. again spoken by people who dont have 144hz monitors. but thats a different topic again.

as i said, i didnt pay the $1100 for a monitor, so im not defending gsync because it cost me a lot of money, im defending it because it actually works and works very well.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  19. [AOB]TommO

[AOB]TommO Member

Great to read all this, I've been sitting here trying to decide if it's the right time to upgrade from my 2k Dell to the X34. Sounds like gsync makes a good difference, as well as the additional real estate of the 34".

20. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

You will not regret it one bit! higher HZ and G-Sync, will be a whole new world for ya