1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Battlefield 4

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Zerstorer, Jul 14, 2012.

1. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Warzone has up to 250hp. This is because the guns are like lasers and battle royales wouldn't work too well with 100hp and cod style weapons. Pubg can kill in 3 bullets to chest but the guns kick like bulls.

Normal cod MP has a TTK very similar to BF4 I'd say a bit less. Maybe 75% BF4 damage.

This site shows warzone weapons damage with diff weapons.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/20...s-season-3-best-guns-in-call-of-duty-warzone/

Last edited: May 10, 2020
  2. CptVipeR

CptVipeR Member

Thanks! Didn't know that. I actually did watch a video after I posted this and the guy was talking about having a longer TTK does allow for some actual fighting. The person under attach can fight back or get cover. Which does make sense in battle royale.

walker_2003 likes this.
  3. sween64

sween64 Member

I’ve heard BF4 has had a bit of a comeback, is it easy enough to find a full server? I usually play afternoons mid-week and weekend. I may have to download it and give it a go.

4. CptVipeR

CptVipeR Member

Sure is. I have these In my fave list and can usually find at least 3-4 of these either full or with a few spots ready to play. I usually do Saturday and Sunday arvos, but have found evenings during the week ok as well.

upload_2020-5-10_21-3-55.png

headin2001 likes this.
  5. asho444

asho444 Member

Yea the fpsg servers go alright! I think even hard-line has had a small resurgence

6. breno

breno Member

I always thought there would be a place for a BF4 community even if the franchise moves on. BF1 and BFV focus on different eras and people would still want to play the modern warfare era. This may change if the next BF is a modern era game?.. Perhaps it's time for a 2142 rehash? :leet: Community has been crying out for it, maybe it's time?... And do it right!

7. mAJORD

mAJORD Member

2142 - I don't think so. If they can't or won't sequel BF2 or BC3 experience, there's no hope of something as Niche as that

I say "can't" mainly in relation to BF2.. It seems the frostbite engine is incapable of capturing the feel and map scale of BF2, it's just too different. At least that's my impression based on every failed attempt to modernize ex BF2 maps in the BF3-4 era

BC3 shouldn't be such an issue though

8. Chardiieee

Chardiieee Member

anyone here still rocking the OCAU tags and platoon? Ive gotten back into it recently too, but dying for a good squad.

9. Chardiieee

Chardiieee Member

also if the next BF game isnt modern era and filled with easter eggs, I will be sorely disappointed

10. headin2001

headin2001 Member

I put mine back on last week. Few of us still running about.

11. CptVipeR

CptVipeR Member

Yes still using OCAU tags.

12. Chardiieee

Chardiieee Member

Ive seen a few of us back at it, Snoop Dagwood Dog, Aus Bezzy, and others - If you can read this, you should drop your Origin tags and lets do a full squad sometime

Add me, Im keen for HC games but happy with anything

Chardie_4twenty

13. CptVipeR

CptVipeR Member

Sooo got a RTX2060 super to throw in my rig (upgrade from GTX660ti which was barely holding 60fps with LOW detail) Now running Ultra 1440p @120-140FPS. And that is only with an i5-3570K stock.
    Has given a little life back into BF4. I can actually see things now, and react.

walker_2003, breno and adamsleath like this.
  14. breno

breno Member

Smash that resolution scale if your CPU can handle it :leet:

15. adamsleath

adamsleath Member

...im downloading again now. been a while. im lvl 102 suspect i'm over it though. far out. ive played so much battlefield. was playing bf3 in 2012? doesnt seem that long ago! and the others before that.
    heard a rumor that bf6 might be a warzone type model.

16. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

after seeing the success id say so..

Warzone as it is with more interesting map, actually decent visuals + destruction of frostbite would be heaven. Replace cash & loadout system with ability to find scopes etc and put em on ya gun PUBG style and im sold!

17. adamsleath

adamsleath Member

all become much the same thing.

18. walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Well its essentially a game mode, so thats like saying all games with TDM are the same.

Could be quite unique on frostbite with destruction, actually good vehicle physics (WZ is terrible) and their own twist on loot mechanics etc.

19. breno

breno Member

I know there's scope and storytelling etc. But destruction should be standard in all FPS these days.. I thought that would be so when I first played Red Faction :lol:

walker_2003 and Statitica like this.
  20. Statitica

Statitica Member

TBH, I agree with adamsleath on this.

They've already tried it with BFV's firestorm mode.

Plus
    • Jumping on a bandwagon
    • So late in the game
    • To cash in on a trend
    Is unlikely to pay off long term. DICE are better off sticking to the core of what makes battlefield battlefield.

Alas, they're already losing that fight...