Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Frontl1ne, May 23, 2009.

Tags:
  1. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

Part 3 of my tale of woes!!!

Now the game suddenly locks up....ATI card temps at 62 degrees so not hot at all.

Just locked up the whole screen and sound went.

Yay!!

Stay tuned...im sure there will be more fk ups!!

2. AthlonMan

AthlonMan (Banned or Deleted)

The amount of times is knifed someone multiple times only be taken out by them or their teammate is atrocious. :sick:

I've just unlocked the M60 though :D Finding it very good too

3. AthlonMan

I've got fraps running and its reporting 40fps but it sure feels like 25fps to me.

4. karnage112

karnage112 Member

I think its to do with the rank of who you knife. I knifed a rank 28 and his tag was gold and im only rank 4

5. Shadow_n

Shadow_n Member

mhmm, i find that in COD knifing is easier and funnier, in BC2 it just seems to fail and I rage and quit... :p

6. Coldplayer

Coldplayer Member

guys add me clinton934...

7. Knight Of Nih

Knight Of Nih Member

im looking for a page with details to all the awards, ribbons and badges you can collect in the PC version of bfbc2.
    i realise i can see these things on the in game browser but im looking to print a copy out so i can collect all my rewards.

thanks

8. Narikki

Narikki Member

9. t8y

t8y Member

well im not 100% sure, given the amount of things that are broken, but surely this option is what you are after?

Click to view full size!

having said that im clearly not using it myself (although i should try it out, i am noticing some tearing. might require a drop in AA or something to stay smooth, will see) so again, no idea if thats broken. assume it is, if youre asking on here for alternatives? otherwise, cant you just force it in drivers anyway?

my main issue with graphics at the moment though is the FOV still seems off (currently set to 75, which im told would be equivilent to TF2 being set to ~100?!), but especially bad in singleplayer - its like tunnel vision, or playing on a playstation or something.
    is the SP setting for FOV in settings.ini seperate from the multi? any ideas where?
    sooner they patch in a proper slider bar for it in menus, the better

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  10. Vassili

Vassili Member

Dont you feel like a dirty whore when you use it though?

11. AthlonMan

It's okay, I only use it to shoot the tubers. :lol:

12. Philll

Philll (Taking a Break)

Those snow maps are shit. Nelson Bay in particular :tired:

The server browser is so random. Sometimes it refreshes 5/10 favorites and the others go grey, reopen and and it's 2, then 5 again etc. It makes no sense.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  13. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

YAY...now my game quits to desktop whenever it likes.....Im so enjoying this game!!!

14. randomman

randomman Member

Supported by WN, iiNet and Adam and/or free content for their customers. 3FL is not run by WN or iiNet. It is run mainly by employees but not under the direction of WN or iiNet.

Bit iffy there. The domain name and equipment were "donated" to the community.

But the main part is, yes, separately run entities. 3FL is run mostly by employees/ex-employees and you guessed it, if not all I'd guess the vast majority is in WA! How do I know? Well I used to work for WN and know a few people who helped out with minor things with 3FL - mutually exclusive to their work.

Either way, 3FL has been butchered, it was formed as a WA gaming community. Good thing a WA gaming community is without any WA servers. :thumbup:

15. bakes00

bakes00 Member

Does anyone else find that run does not always run, and u have to press shift more than once somtimes?

Or do you find that the mouse scroll is clunky and does not take u to the weapon you want?

I'm ready to start finding about about refunding this game, uses not more than 40% GPU, server browser, punk buster, the list goes on...

Worst game experience of my life, and will never pre order again from these developers. So dissapointed.

/rage quit

16. GiantGuineaPig

GiantGuineaPig Member

Finally got to play some more tonight, after 10 minutes of trying to actually get on a decent server.

The game is decent, but I can't see myself playing it for a long time...

17. bennyling

bennyling Member

Another brilliant night.

Notable highlights - was defending on the map with the lighthouse, chopper flew up above the treeline, I was sitting on the roof of some building, sniped the pilot, which brought the (full of people) chopper down again.

Did it once again not a minute later - same pilot.

Third highlight minutes after that was when a Medic and the pilot from the chopper incidents before landed the chopper on a hill and jumped out. I spotted them, took out the chopper pilot, reloaded while the Medic rezzed him, took out the pilot again, and again, and again, until they realised their plan wasn't going anywhere fast, so they dropped down and that was that...

STOKED because it was the first time I had managed to snipe a pilot out of a moving chopper. Epic fluke shot, if I do say so myself :lol:

lolsauce, if you're reading this, thanks for the points mate :thumbup:

18. Azrael

Azrael Member

Played a bunch of good games tonight, none really stand out though.

The thing i did find is that when you just get the spinning circle and then back to browser thing, its usually because the server is between rounds. I had it a couple of times tonight trying to rejoin the server i was on earlier, while my teammates told me that they were between rounds. As soon as the round started i was able to join.

I had a whole chopper full of guys drop out overhead and i managed to take down all bar one before they hit the ground, the last one i didnt see where he went and then defibbed him as he tried to knife me. :lol:

Also i got the dentristy pin tonight, was "fixing" a tank and a guy jumped out and i drilled him in the head. :lol:

19. Vassili

Vassili Member

Think you are on your own there buddy.

20. Nosrulz

Nosrulz Member

Yeh ive tried ingame :p It seems to be broken. Also tried CCC and ATI tools neither of which seem to work. Ive read on other forums that people are using 3D3Overrider with success but it just crashes my game. I guess itll be something they fix in the game itself eventually.