Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Frontl1ne, May 23, 2009.

1. The Sun Wedge

The Sun Wedge Member

I just played through the single player this evening and I was wondering, why do the enemies leave lots of exploding barrels nearby for you to shoot at? It's like they are deliberately trying to make it easier for you to kill them.

2. Snoochems

Snoochems Member

Yes. I wish there was some way to reward players for using smoke to a tactical advantage. You don't get any kills or points for doing the team thing with smoke, which is probably why the noobtubers refuse to use it. As I said earlier, I would have to spawn as assault class myself just to lay down the smoke 9 times out of 10, but when I do, we usually make that push.

3. Snoochems

Snoochems Member

This. Well said.

And there is another tip to add to the list (did any even notice that my previous rant only had a small section dedicated to it about the use of snipers on the attacking team):

When there is one m-com destructible via blowing up a building, it's best to leave the destructible m-com till last, get the one you need to plant first -- that way the defenders are distributed between the two. If you get the easy one first the defenders have an easier time guarding a single m-com.

4. Nosrulz

Nosrulz Member

That i did not know. Thanks ill have to pay a little more attention to that so i can get used to useing them. :p And yeah i found i pretty much always hit choppers so i was expecting that on the tanks lol.

5. lawlz

lawlz Member

sucks that cant display people in the ocau steam group.. just says to many to list :\ bit bored playing by myself these days

6. TheBear21

TheBear21 Member

Also the CG is no good for tanks, the RPG is better. I would say most tracer assisted rockets hit front on too, not the best place to hit a tank. Unless there is a swarm of engis about to unload on the tank (and there never is) it is best to flank around it and get it from behind.

7. Philll

Philll Member

Open it in the browser, it gives you the option, and it'll show them all.

8. thrillhouse

thrillhouse Member

It would be good if using smoke was rewarded, I try to use smoke when I can, although I have taken a liking to the 40mm shotgun for running through buildings with. I have the same amount of points for both the 40mm grenade and 40mm smoke. (2 kills, 1 headshot with the smoke haha)

Another fun thing I like to do is shooting tracers long distance and locking on to enemy players, then fire my RPG to hit them behind their 'cover'.

9. bennyling

bennyling Member

Or, you know, a chopper pilot that can out-manoeuvre those bastards... I can usually do-so with the first one (simply by swinging around in the opposite direction I was coming, which will (depending on how far away the rocket was in the first place) make the rocket overshoot me (by mere inches, I tell you), but it's always the second or third that gets me. Grr.

With regards to choppers, has anyone noticed that the Hind handles like a wounded bull with all of it's legs cut off? The Apache and the Blackhawk are pretty much even in terms of manoeuvrability, but if I had to pick the most useful, it'd be the Blackhawk. Dropping squadmates onto objectives (hell, even in the middle of the enemy base) and then providing air support from above for the win! :D

10. OP
    OP
    Frontl1ne

Frontl1ne Member

Yep, the Hind is a POS. Feels like flying a tank.

IMO, all the choppers handle pretty terribly in this game.

11. iinsom

iinsom Member

Ill take you up on that offer if you want ^_^

1 or 2 recons can turn the tide of a war easily, motion balls are good

12. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

The US attack chopper is decent. THe russian one is more sluggish, than the hind is terribly sluggish, but still manageable.

13. trevor68

trevor68 Member

Guess I'm really the odd one out then, always play Recon, never ever use a sniper rifle. :lol:

I just run, and throw spotmines, run some more, throw more spotmines. Thats when I aren't doing silly things on quad bikes though. :D

http://vimeo.com/12150102

14. uberbanzai

uberbanzai Member

I think they handle much more life like now ... BF2 was very unbalanced.

15. uberbanzai

uberbanzai Member

Shotgun assualt ftw ... plenty of recharge ...

16. trevor68

trevor68 Member

Got my vote for Shotties, great fun, have platinum on the SPAS, might do the 870 next when I'm finished with the tommy. :thumbup:

17. uberbanzai

uberbanzai Member

It's hard though choosing between the slug and the extra c4 perk though ... other one is easy, magnum and electronic warface package.

How much fun was C4 buggies in BF2 ... that's what kept me in this franchise ...

18. iinsom

iinsom Member

Warhead for vehicle perk

19. Locky28

Locky28 Member

I was loving the 40MM Shotgun last night, holy crap it is honestly the best shotty, seems to get rego much better as well, and nearly every shot you here that *BINK* sound that we all know and love :D

20. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Don't throw your C4 on the front of the bike/car Trev. Leave them open to being shot, and ruining your Jihad run. Wack them on the sides of the quad biike on the seat between the wheels, and in the back of cars etc. Places they are less likely to get shot.

Doesn't affect their usefulness either, this game is VERY forgiving when it comes to C4, you can detonate pretty far behidn and infront of targets and it'll still work, simily if you lay C4 on the ground and a quad bike drives over it, you can detonate when they are a fair way past it and itll work.