Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Frontl1ne, May 23, 2009.

1. FiShy

FiShy Member

Correct, but the game contains no Jungle maps, just villiages and hills.

2. dARCKLOWN

dARCKLOWN Member

No one here claimed that they were.

3. Doughboy

Doughboy Member

A full jungle map would be heaps of fun. Just equip a flame thrower and burn away :thumbup:

4. 3Tone

3Tone (Banned or Deleted)

I liked the idea of Vietnam. I bought it and played it a little. Found myself back on normal BC2 with no intention of revisiting Vietnam any time soon. Maybe once I get sick of BC2...

Anyone else find the same thing?

5. Sillen

Sillen Member

Same, not a fan of the washed out look. Will join if a friend is in it but usually don't last long.

6. ob1

ob1 Member

nope..i've been exclusively playing Vietnam since it came out. I'm grinding my way through the mid 30 ranks and the ability to score fast with new gold/platinum medals is appealing :) Plus i like the high foliage gameplay.

7. hurfi

hurfi Member

There are usually very few Vietnam servers with players on when i decide to have a game so i just go back to bc2...

8. DARREN

DARREN Member

I find I still like Vietnam better. Hadnt played BC2 for a while before Vietnam came out and was actually playing a bit of BF2 again. I still have no real intention of playing BC2 again at this point.
    I like the old school feel of the weapons and equipment and the feel of the guns and vehicles much better in Vietnam. The maps are pretty good too but some of the choke points are difficult to overcome with a pub full of snipers on your side.......
    It just feels more polished than BC2 ever was imho - wish there was more maps though......

9. BuzzPuppy

BuzzPuppy Member

...and those twin MG's (when manned) on the Patrol Boats make for some effective suppressive fire too in BC2:Vietnam

10. bucsta

bucsta Member

I haven't played Vietnam in a week or so, but it has got me back playing BC2 again. I think I will alternate between the two once I get bored of one.

At least I've stopped playing black ops :)

11. supernom

supernom Member

I just got Vietnam today. What servers do you guys play on? I searched GameArena didn't seem to be many people.

12. Usopp

Usopp Member

Damn its been forever since i last played this game....Damn you Cataclysm!!!

13. Externalz

Externalz Member

I hear ya buddy, exactly the way i feel.

14. killedbycrimson

killedbycrimson Member

Who is smoke??
    I lol at your rage. I lol when you snipe. I lol at your rage.

15. Darkness'

Darkness' Never a frown..

Same here. Played it for a week and a bit, then back to BC2. Idea there was, but just has the feeling of BC2 with new skins to me. Nothing really new that grabbed me and kept me playing.

16. L4ncer

L4ncer Member

Logged into BC2 for a few rounds just a few minutes ago - found all the servers and what not as usual. When I go to join one, though, it says connection to server lost or something along those lines... anyone know whats up with that?

17. SenorGrande

SenorGrande Member

Happens a lot. Can happen because EA online is down or connectivity issues on your end. I only get that error very occasionally but otherwise fine.

18. ob1

ob1 Member

i think i had my best "all round" (no one-off medals included) score on BC2 the other night.

Click to view full size!

Besides that...loving all the medic MGs in 'Nam. Just platinumed the XM22 - great gun, shitty sight :)

19. aokman

aokman Member

I think BC2 has been having issues actually as i was getting little lag spikes last night and tonight, weird... I thought the same of vietnam aswell, played it a bit and ditched it, i liked squad DM until other teams found the helo then it was epic fail.

20. Micadar

Micadar Member

Yeah i find the same thing occasionally, especially with close to full servers. I always thought it was just people who joined at the same time as you, but they got through and you didn't.

Theres a few commentaries gameplay videos on youtube, with two aussies being part of the better ones actually...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiIg1rPZ3cU&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emldhE-eNzs
    (swearing)

I still watch em from time to time to pick up tips and tactics and watch some good gameplay with a familiar voice

Last edited: Jan 13, 2011