Battlefield V

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by walker_2003, Mar 8, 2018.

1. hawpinghaxbag

hawpinghaxbag Member

Best ive done is kill a plane that flew into my laser guided missile that was on it's way to a tank that i was targeting in bf4, haxusations followed

2. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

I saw someone on Youtube trolling pilot noobs. Just flying in behind them and sit on top and drop a bomb.

Then was on Twisted Steel and a bomber was cleaning up on their side, saw him in front and do a turn. Cut inside, tilted belly of plan to him and just got the timing right.

A-musing.

3. japes

japes Member

Great post on the subreddit: This game has 99 problems, but the bitches ain't even one.

The problem has never been the so-called 'SJW' direction - I run female player models myself because why not (plus you can't tell with most of the facemasks etc.). The game has struggled because of the sheer number of bugs and flawed design choices.

They needed another six months of development time IMO.

4. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

6 months of map creation training.

5. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Just shot down a plane with those mounted slow as tank shell firing things. Next shot blew up a transport with 4 dudes in it too haha.

cmi83 likes this.
  6. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Hit another plane with a Valentine for 77. Bullshit.

7. japes

japes Member

I feel like building a game around this broken unlock 'grind' and then just taking a 10 day break off it during a holiday period (less so for the Americans/Europe but still) is a surefire way to kill player counts.

Like it would be fine if the game wasn't driven by unlocking garbage, but it seems the whole thing is built around a constant carrot on a stick. Even worse is its built around that horrendously - the entire assignment system is flawed from the ground up at every point, from how they're selected (and not able to be selected between rounds) and tracked to what they actually entail. Every weapon unlock from assignments should be automatically tracked and always active.

Then you've got a cosmetic system locked conveniently behind broken Company Coins, with players not provided enough to even do all weapons and vehicles before it bugs out at 50. I'm sure it will be 'fixed' just in time for Battlefield Coins or whatever they're fucking called. Pretty sure I saw a tweet from one of the developers how they're still not sure if they can be retroactively rewarded - bull fucking shit.

8. japes

japes Member

Having trouble finding a Conquest server that doesn't die after 1-2 maps. Matchmaker needs to get its shit together.

9. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Yeah, running out of coin. It's like 10,000 coin if you want to chrome out a gun. That's a shitload of coin.

Finding levelling the British planes a grind. Basically the spitfire is shit at anything but chasing planes until you get level 4 rockets.

JU88 is a bombing boss. 16x50kg bombs and 4x500kg ones. I dive in, drop 2 500kg, then switch to the 50kg and spam space bar, then if time drop other 2 500kg in same dive.

walker_2003 knows the pain of a good drop of bombs. And the other German plane gets explosive rounds on level 2. British planes just suck.

10. OP
    OP
    walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Plane users are the worst.. what happened to ya that round I saw u left. I turned things around and went like 34/16

Apparently they removed ability to be able to 1 shot planes with the default rocket launch with assault.. lame.. but apparently after reddit whinging its going back. Its like BFV is a reddit game, but instead of asking for ideas/suggestions they just make changes and see if the whinging is significant enough to revert.

I been back on PUBG, with Mudfish I am on solid 110ms ping to SEA.. but boy do I suck at it now thanks to BFV. Not only do my tactics suck as they always have but now my gun control is non existent.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  11. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Had to go feed the baby. Story of my gaming experiences.

12. japes

japes Member

Maybe certain vehicles, though I hit a Ju-88 yesterday with one and it exploded. Also 1hit a few planes with the Valentine but that was with APCR, have hit and not killed them before. Feels like damage can be a bit random as ground vehicles are.

walker_2003 likes this.
  13. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

APCR rounds on the Valentine are boss. Spot a tank, hit 5 to let it reload, then go for it.

14. OP
    OP
    walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

15. japes

japes Member

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    walker_2003 likes this.
  16. Rod M

Rod M Member

just changed GPU from a R9 290 to a 980Ti,

the R9 290 would sit close to 100% utilization but the 980Ti only sits at 60% ??

edit: scratch that, seems to be working fine now, strange,

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  17. hawpinghaxbag

hawpinghaxbag Member

i had that when i had a coin miner virus

18. OP
    OP
    walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Some good changes coming for jan. I welcome the Smg buff. But Gimme bloody dragging downed team mates.. I can't wait to troll with that.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  19. havabeer

havabeer Member

Anyone running sli properly? Or got any good profiles?

Struggling a but at 4k with everything on max. Getting dips down to 50fps or so. That's on a single card or with a dodgy sli profile.

20. OP
    OP
    walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

DX11? don't think it works on 12.

There is a few settings that you can drop for nice gains and minimal FPS drops.

Or you should sell that monitor and experience the heaven that is 1440p 144hz :p