Battlefield V

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by walker_2003, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

I hit a plane with a tank shell and it kept flying. Wut? :confused: All tank shells should do instant death to planes.

2. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Tiger should. Valentine/Panzer does like 75 or so. Next patch may fix.

Should be insta with any explosive from a tank or soldier.

3. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

4. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

Yeah i saw someone do that with a rifle Killed 6 dudes in front of me at the same time. Then i smoked and ran up to one to revive, also headshot like the smoke didn't matter. I guess ESP flags everything. I think the whole team just quit.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  5. japes

japes Member

Hackings no worse than it has ever been.

Biggest issue at the monent is servers - no rental servers is absolutely killing this game because the automatic matchmaker is garbage tier and just randomly decides it wants to kill servers. Having trouble playing more than a round or two in a row of Conquest/Breakthrough without the server dying.

6. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

EA thought of that though bro. They assumed if you are actively doing assignments, you would have to exit the server every 2 or 3 rounds to select new ones anyway.

7. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

20gb Update. Wth. Don't think it'll be worth the 20gb for some reason.

8. AgB deano

AgB deano Member

4.38gb update.

Would it really be that difficult to release the notes with the patch?

9. xcessive303

xcessive303 Member

10. AgB deano

AgB deano Member

A lot of fixes in this patch, a lot of QOL changes too. Seems to at least be in the right direction anyway.

I'm looking forward to trying out this new squad conquest mode. Speaking of which, I better get a decent mic already.

If anyone wants to add a decent squaddie, it's sparksta_au on origin

11. japes

japes Member

More fucking modes is the last thing this game needs, the playerbase is already struggling.

Apparently this patch is an absolute dumpster fire.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  12. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Conquest. Breakthrough/Rush. Battle Royale.

Then focus your map making a bit better. Since only 3 modes to focus on.

13. AgB deano

AgB deano Member

Wow, now i've played it and argh. It's hard to not be distracted by the new bugs.

The biggest issue is the blatantly broken revive countdown timer and the terrible killcam - what the hell were they thinking with that? I'm willing to bet that it's the killcam that broke the countdown timers, given it forces a delay before the revive sequence can even start. As if this was not picked up in testing FFS. I'll also put money on them deleting that damn killcam asap.. if they wanted to introduce that shit, it's what a beta is for and it's going to piss off a lot of players.

There are also other broken elements that I haven't seen on major lists yet, like the icons not appearing when someone needs a medkit and don't disappear when they've got one and are healing. I'm switching to boxes now despite it being slower in cqc.

Also plenty of outstanding issues that aren't fixed, still getting a v1 black screen, no regular cc, towed loads going spaz.

All that distraction aside, it does seem to play better. SMG's are definitely better. Bipods are going to take some getting used to. AA isn't constantly pouring into planes from heavy equipped support. Tank survivability is better. Not happy with the battlebus nerfs though, they seem really fragile now.

14. ob1

ob1 Member

just downloading now, so haven't played yet....I thought the lack of killcam was an intentional feature in BFV, so why introduce it now? It gives away good firing locations too easily. I like the challenge of trying to determine where my killer shot me from.

15. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

Many reports of performance drops and stuttering. Medic revive timer is also broken.
    Also, the new killcam is painful, can't be turned off or skipped, goes for twice as long as it should need, and pretty much negates the encouraged sneaky play/lack of spotting realism the game was going for before the change??

Feels like the b-team has moved in to cover updates.

16. AgB deano

AgB deano Member

There was always a "killcam" per se. You needed to look around for the reddish area on the screen, which would highlight even if the person was behind objects.

17. ob1

ob1 Member

yeah the red shadow....but that is only really viable within close range. It's pretty hard to spot at long distances.

18. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

Now it zooms and pans around them for ages, slows down the die/revive cycle and the camera shakes and flips out sometimes..

19. AgB deano

AgB deano Member

Does it really matter at longer distances though? I leave the kill log turned on including weapons used, that tells me what I need to know if it was med-long range. If they were close, I either knew exactly what it was or I could see the halo.

20. ob1

ob1 Member

are the servers down? my connection has reported "you have lost connection to the EA servers" twice in the past 48hrs. I thought it was just for the latest patch, but now i'm not sure.