Battlefield V

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by walker_2003, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Adarti

Adarti Member

Im enjoying it still. I would like those new maps and contents drop in quicker but I will wait.

Apart from some bugs that appear every so often, which does frustrate me , I will keep playing it.
    You just need to look at these forums and see what people are playing.

Apex - yeah ok, being there done that, bored in one week.
    Anthem - 6/10 game, people and not happy with it. Bargin bin game for sure in one more month.
    Nothing else apart from old games or coming soon stuff which non impress me.

JayKay777 likes this.
  2. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

Feels like the dev team working on BFV has been reduced dramatically, with many moving on to other projects or left DICE altogether.
    People cheered for no Premium pass model this time and look what happened, looks like it was much better way to fund content after all.

Even Jack has had enough....

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  3. Chek Chamber

Chek Chamber Member

I decided to jump in last night as I haven't played this much since launch. I actually really enjoyed it, once I got used to the gameplay. Its still way too fast and twitchy for my liking, but if I slowed down and took my time, I lasted much longer and enjoyed it more. Playing as a squad was also far more fun. I was SL and my squad followed orders and stayed together over multiple maps.
    I'm very surprised to see that the Russians, Americans and Japanese factions are not in the game? And the maps aren't really iconic of WW2 imo. Some missed opportunities for sure.
    Hopefully they will release some expansion packs soon as these maps are a bit tired and some new factions and weapons would be great.

miguel_sanchez likes this.
  4. havabeer

havabeer Member

:lol::lol:

I giggled at this sentance

Sanity_Smith and Chek Chamber like this.
  5. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

Latest patch seems to have removed the ability to queue for full servers now. It says a new "The server is full" message instead now if you try to join.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  6. asho444

asho444 Member

atleast your patch downloaded, took 1 .5 hours to get to 80% and failed 2 times

7. Chek Chamber

Chek Chamber Member

haha I did too when I wrote it, but thought 'nah, I'm leaving it'. :D

8. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

EA are a billion dollar megacorp, the failure of BFV is their fault for not supporting it properly after launching it a year early because they wanted to appease shareholders.

Spyder6052 and XanaTos like this.
  9. rexest

rexest Member

Put in 130 hours so far, I cant get enough of this game i play with mates though this game only works if you have a functioning squad with mics epic experience. If you try to play on your own it would prob be shithouse.

10. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

They are a business, they are not going to throw money at it to save it after suffering from poor sales and the associated low level of income. The same thing happened with SWBF2. Anthem looks to be heading the same way.

Hopefully this will finally be a wake-up call to consumers about the pitfalls of this new shitty half-finished launch early "gaming as a service" model that EA is pushing with many of their AAA games.

11. japes

japes Member

Fucks sake imagine being so hungry to rush out a video that you get corrupted video of a few average rounds and still put it up because why not.

Everyone could see from the start that the drip fed live service wouldn't work.

Firestorm is going to flop fucking hard. It would have been in the game at release if they weren't struggling with it.

12. mAJORD

mAJORD Member

Sig worthy quote that one

13. anthonyl

anthonyl Member

Geebus...whats with the constant 15Gb+ updates almost every day?

14. bobbyjimmy

bobbyjimmy Member

They are stuffing up the stuff ups.

15. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

Leaked Firestorm (BR Mode) intro video.. reveals all.

- Solo, duo or squad play.
    - 64 players max.
    - Parachute drop.
    - No classes.
    - No respawn, but can pistol when downed.
    - New vehicles (including helicopters?)
    - Backpacks are in the game.
    - Personal armor is in the game.
    - Gadgets are in the game.
    - Separate ammo types to collect.
    - Supply drops and Loot caches (safes).
    - Different rarity types of weapons (which dictates attachments like scopes?)
    - Firestorm insta-destroys buildings probably close to insta-death players?

Seems to be trying to directly compete with Blackout.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  16. mAJORD

mAJORD Member

Yeah - That, and I come home to find them paused for whatever reason - meaning no game for me full stop (Takes a while to DL that many GB on my shitty connection). So for now I've just given up on BF

I then turn to Apex and see it too has an update, but it's like 30MB :rolleyes:

Pretty terribad trailer - still, I'm giving this the benefit of the doubt - Apex isn't gelling with me - This might be what the doctor ordered if it's polished enough.

17. asho444

asho444 Member

Looks pretty cool, I hope the zone does do bulk damage will change up the game since most people play outside it half the timw

18. japes

japes Member

.. a fucking helicopter, like there wasn't enough cool real WW2 vehicles.

lmao considering this game was released in a completely unpolished state and is still far from complete what, 5 months in, if you think is going to be polished/balanced as their first BR game you're setting the bar too high.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  19. asho444

asho444 Member

Firestorm game play trailer released.
    Looks worth a play for sure, looks like more fun than the base game at any rate.

and a 10GB patch out today

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
  20. japes

japes Member

Watched some gameplay - looks like a mess and I'm not sure how its going to run for a lot of people. Hopefully well optimised, but they were recorded on DICE's PC's and FPS looked dicey..

When people die their loot drops onto the ground as individual pieces Fortnite style, which is bloody awful.