Battlefield V

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by walker_2003, Mar 8, 2018.

1. c4dderly

c4dderly Member

Same, smooth as butter and no issues from 6 other clan mates in discord.

walker_2003 likes this.
  2. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

Needs bigger almost exclusively vehicle maps, where you'd rather /kill than have to bail from a tank in the middle of the desert.

It's kinda sad that despite all the time and all the games released I still haven't had a 'maximum fun' experience as much as Desert Combat & BF2.

Spyder6052 and fredhoon like this.
  3. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Huh?

BF nostalgia includes choppers. Big time.

fredhoon likes this.
  4. purehybrid

purehybrid Member

In fact, the quote "fuck choppers" does a good job of bringing back my bf nostalgia all by itself :D

Spyder6052 and fredhoon like this.
  5. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

I got tingles.

6. mAJORD

mAJORD Member

Well.. they did bring out one large vehicle focused map, its just a shame it sucks balls.

7. japes

japes Member

It's probably one of the better maps in the game though. I queue into Rotterdam just to go Panzerstorm > Aerodrome.

That's the state of no private servers though.

8. OP
    OP
    walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

tried it since latest patch? meant to be bit better, especially as infantry.

9. japes

japes Member

Panzerstorm? It's one of my favourite maps regardless. The bar is set pretty low with the others though.

10. OP
    OP
    walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Yup had a few tweaks, mainly due to infantry whingers

11. havabeer

havabeer Member

Just played and hour or so.

I think the game is still fun, it's not the wow factor that bf 3 or 4 had for me though. I think it may just be the nature of the game, theres just so much more you can do in the modern shooter that you cant do WW2, helicopters gadgets etc and they have to do their best to keep it period correct (a side from all the character stuff)

It really needs a server browser and customization to keep it interesting, or a tank/vehical only mode (or a map with a heap more of them) or a metro style map for us nade spammers.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
  12. OP
    OP
    walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

I'd love battlefield 6 to basically be a hybrid of battlefield 3/4/v

Id want BF4 setting, bf3 Smg's and bfv attrition and no spotting/Regen health/building

fredhoon likes this.
  13. hawpinghaxbag

hawpinghaxbag Member

I think a 1950-2020 Battlefield would be ok, your kit and available weapons and vehicles change depending on what the map/era is, Korean/Vietnam/Gulf/modern wars or you have to progress through the eras

too much work for modern corps tho

14. japes

japes Member

That's too much work regardless, that's a fuckload of assets for vehicles of different classes, weapons, uniforms, and if you're doing it with themed wars you'd need maps for each too.

It makes no sense from a game, progression, or financial sense to throw so many games into one when you've already got a history of releasing shit focusing on a single war massively unfinished.

15. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

They could go to a cold war era scenario, get rid of all the lock-on weapons that piss people off in battlefield (although I'd bloody well hope they don't make planes OP again like in BF2), and it'll be more like BF2.

16. hawpinghaxbag

hawpinghaxbag Member

Yes, wishful thinking

They had AIM-7/9s in the mid 50s, lock-ons have their place

17. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Were planes OP?

I don't recall anything being particularly OP. Plane and Choppers could own, but weren't super hard to take down.

Atleast the planes didn't have a big arse circle showing you where your bombs are landing. It makes it so freakin easy.

18. mAJORD

mAJORD Member

Is there another 20GB update??? as in since the last one, maybe 2 weeks or so ago?

I haven't played in probably a week, and have been hit with this BS

I swear Origin was running through the week too, wtf

19. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

In BF2 planes were basically immune to ground fire barring the handful of maps that had the self-propelled anti-air tanks, but they weren't common. And teams who had the best pilot had a massive advantage. Their bombs were deadly in the right hands, anyone who wasn't a top level pilot would be shot down nearly instantly. It was horrible. And if the team also had the fighter-bomber with their 'slow drop' bombs you were in for a world of pain.

Choppers were less destructive but certain maps were geared towards them (I used to be a chopper gunner in high level 16v16 clan matches), Sharqi Peninsula for example if the MEC took down the Cobra you were basically free to rain destruction, my highest ever kill count in a normal round of any battlefield game was 187-0 as a chopper gunner on that map. I also played in a clan game on Mashturr City as a gunner in the blackhawk, I reaped ~50 kills, completely shut down the enemy and the team won the round in a few minutes because they couldn't poke their heads out without getting a faceful of gatling gun.

The ground stingers were useless and getting in one was a death sentence. BF2 had a lot of good things about it, but the imbalance of air to ground was not one of them. Unfortunately DICE have never got out of that mentality where jets should be capable of going 100-0 in a game and being nearly immune to ground vehicles. BF4 after its main patches were all done was awful for it, the hand held stingers were nerfed into oblivion to have a range shorter than 150 meters, the jets were given miracle ECM or flares that meant they could avoid any ground missile attack and fly away before a second missile could be fired up, leading to good pilots only having competition from other pilots. the major issue was that if DICE buffed anti-air to help people against jets, the helo pilots would whine because they were too used to camping above flags, instead of standing off and using longer ranged weaponry.

Both Battlefield Vietnams (the original and the DLC for Bad Company 2) had their own issues with circle strafing choppers. BFV the original died as a competitive game because of how dominant helicopters were.

20. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

I was questioning your logic. I racked up 3000 or so hours in BF2. Only ever came across a handful of very skilled pilots that took a bit of effort to bring down. They weren't OP.