Battlefield V

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by walker_2003, Mar 8, 2018.

1. asho444

asho444 Member

Man I just tried this again after a few weeks off and I'm finding it really uninspiring, got bored after about 45 minutes, just doesn't have that epic feel about it anymore, or maybe I'm just getting over the series:( hopefully the battle royal will breathe a little life into it

Sphinx2000 likes this.
  2. cmi83

cmi83 Member

I've enjoyed every single battlefield, and still enjoy even this one. Yes it has a couple of things you need to come to peace with, but I can still rack up some really fun rounds with 5:1 kds.

Left recon to be the last thing to get to lv20, and after a few hours straight playing it, got into a nice rhythm. Managed to get highest score on our team 3 rounds while capping and getting above 6:1 kd, so much fun. I think if you can get the game under $50 you can still get enough bang for buck

3. Frag

Frag Member

Ok, you know what I didnt mind some of the battle modes in this game - Frontlines, Breakthrough etc have been good.. I'm over conquest where you get sniped from every corner of the map and prefer the structured approach.

However the cheating, wow the cheating is insane. People not disguising it anymore and looks like EA is doing SFA about it. I'm not the FPS player I was 20 years ago but I can tell blatant cheats :( I wish I didnt have to leave server to spectate but 2 out of 3 games I played last night had at least 1 blatant hacker and then probably a few more who "hide" their aimbots/wallhacks better. Anyway might end up rage quitting this one, nothing irks me more than mp cheats.. ain't nobody got time for dat!

4. japes

japes Member

I'd put money on them not cheating.

5. Frag

Frag Member

Yeah unfortunately with the amount of blatant hackers there would be a good number "lower" scale ones so happy to take any bet.

Actually takes a good spectrum of types of cheaters. It really is piss poor and I haven't seen any statement from EA on their "hard stance".

6. japes

japes Member

First minute of the video sums it up really, he hasn't even encountered a definite one.

Thinking you've run into a handful in a single night is ridiculous. Not saying it isn't possible but I absolutely guarantee you're mistaking good play for cheating.

Videos about cheating are easy clickbait/views at the moment.

7. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

I have encounter maybe 2 or 3.

Rest of the suss shit is just 1 frame death crap bug. Nothing more.

8. Frag

Frag Member

Did you watch the first minute or close your eyes? Yeah not difinitive at all... he also said there is a specturm from outright to ones that are just suss. Ive encountered more in the last 3-4 days.. anyway, I know I definatevely had some in last few games I played, whole server was saying even from their side.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  9. japes

japes Member

Did you watch the original video? He says he's never encountered one but he's making a video because easy views.

I've encountered a handful (5 or so) obvious cheats in 125 odd hours. They ruin the match they're in, not the game.

After doing some anti-cheat work for a smaller game developer and seeing false-report rates upwards of 90% I take any accusations with a grain of salt. Especially accusations like yours that start with 'probably a few more'.

10. OP
    OP
    walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

I have only encountered < 5 obvious hackers. The issue is there is usually two types of hackers on games like BFV.

1) Trolls
    2) Fake Praise

Trolls are easy to spot.. insane aimlock/wallhacks, impossible kills.. easy to identify.

Fake Praise, might only use the wallhack element of the multihack but still aims themself, means they are much more likely to win corner battles, get the perfect flank etc.. very hard to detect if done clever.. People just assume they are great player.

They are the problem and considering how easy it is to hack undetected I think there is a fair few like that.. Was the same back in the days of CS 1.6 because obvious hackers had demos recorded and submitted to GameArena etc (ahh the good ole days).

The thing is I have learnt over time is to just ignore Fake Praisers and if someone is playing good without being ultra suss with 360 lock on's just treat em as good and keep on playing, makes it safer too because when you try suss out these players you go on a witch hunt and may get false positives on legit pro players.. Makes gaming a lot less frustrating just living with it.

Or be like I used to be and assume over 4.0 KDR = hacking and accuse people like japes who r just gun of hacking based purely on stats ;)

TLDR, just change servers to avoid the troll hackers, I dont think its as bad as the YouTuber's claim.

11. japes

japes Member

Fake praise doesn't really work in a non-competitive game with 32 players per side though. You're rarely going to get reactions out of people and nobody is ogling over your statistics.

Might be a few but I'd bank on it being way rarer than people reckon.

walker_2003 likes this.
  12. Frag

Frag Member

Hah, I state the obvious. If there are obvious cheats there are a bunch who are not as obvious or dont always use the full suite. Its pretty damn simple. I have been around long enough to see every form, watched a few games recently completely destoryed by them (The Division is a prime example). I didnt come across any obvious ones until very recently is what I said and I stand by that. 2 out of 3 had obvious hackers... Games a few days prior we had hackers calling in V2 rockets in the first 2 mins of a game.. but again I must be wrong.

So yeah, stating basic statistical principles and the bell curve which pretty much applies to all, if one side has obvious cheats there is also a proportion of ones that just use to advantage and again would be much harder to detect. You can put your head in the sand but thats fine. It only takes a small percentage to really start messing with the experience and for a AAA competitive online game its a little frustrating..

Anyway, I don't need to convince anyone glad you have been able to stay away from them maybe the WA timezone gets more who knows.

13. OP
    OP
    walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

True, Im sure is some that want to try get a 5.0+ KDR without accusations though for their own gratification but doubt its anything to the degree of CS etc.

14. japes

japes Member

God forbid I 'put my head in the sand' whilst playing the game and not seeing anywhere near the amount of cheats that people claim there is.

But if that's what you need to justify your repeated struggles then by all means.

15. Frag

Frag Member

Like I said, its only really popped up for me in last week. First with the V2s being launched 2 mins into the round and then with crazy shots, knowing exactly where you are (no flare) and shooting at ccrazy angles and accuracy taking out 2 squads solo with 1 or 2 bullet kills.. So yeah I got pissed, whole server was asking to report them so not just me that noticed. I should have taken a recording.

I am not justifying anything, just dissapointed that BF V seemingly has weak anti cheat protection which can ruin your game. Upon witnessing the cheats I did a bit of reading and was shocked by what I saw in youtube and the bf5 forums.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-u...here-are-cheaters-in-this-game-currently/p123

16. japes

japes Member

I'm yet to see or read anything about squad points being exploitable through cheats to launch V2's early so I'd love to see a source on that.

Wiping a squad isn't that ridiculous given the TTK and accuracy of most weapons.

17. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

^
    100 hours, maybe 2 legit aimbot hackers. Few suss, but likely just 1 frame shit.

Guy last night had 20-0 on my team about 3 minutes in. And its not hacking. He legit just had his buddy (i'd say same house, they both had 9 ping) medic him the whole game. So he won on like 60-6 or something and his buddy came second on like 5-20. Enemy team were calling hacks.

18. Frag

Frag Member

There you go, you can quote me - quite clearly if you haven't heard of it its not true, and I'm just making shit up as I go along! Happened in 2 games by the same 2 people, one within minutes of the start at the Aerodrome and the other next map which may have been Twisted Steel. Both players had pings in excess of 160 and ended up with K/D's like 50/3 or more - they were not snipers. Again, that incident and the followed by another a couple days layer led me to post what I did above.

Just read some of the sites
    https://www.unknowncheats.me/forum/battlefield-v/
    https://www.iwantcheats.net/battlefield-v-hacks-bf5-cheats/
    https://tko-hacks.com/product/battlefield-5-hacks-bf5-cheats/

I'm glad you haven't had any, maybe I had rotten luck over a short period which got my frustration levels with the game up. Last night there were none and I had lots of fun...

19. OP
    OP
    walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

^ downloading now BBL

macktheknife likes this.
  20. japes

japes Member

How about you don't link directly to cheat websites?

Nobody is claiming they don't exist - I'm claiming that they're massively overstated, especially in Oceania. Are you able to provide a link or information (or screenshot if its on a cheat website) about a cheat that earns squad points ridiculously quickly to be able to V2 two minutes into the match? None of the links you stupidly provided mentioned anything about it in the quick time I spent perusing them. Two minutes into the match would mean they could launch about 10 of them per match. Sounds pretty fucking unlikely since it's almost directly tied to score and that's serverside. I do notice you've then moved to 'within minutes' (which considering rounds don't last for hours, could 'technically' be correct and perfectly normal).

Then again I've asked you about the people you think are 'probably' cheating and you've just ignored that and failed to provide any evidence, despite being able to do that through the replay system. I guess it's easier to scapegoat bad play by blaming cheats rather than looking at it like a rational person and acknowledging that you're not experienced enough to recognise good play.

It legitimately sounds like you're just making shit up now and gives pretty real indicator that you shouldn't be taken seriously.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019