Battlefield V

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by walker_2003, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Hey Frag can you directly link me to your credit card details too bud. Then I'm set.

2. Frag

Frag Member

Oh my god, I linked to sites that appear in a google search. Yes if we dont believe in them they wont exist, its like religon. Clearly we haven't got our big boy pants on.

As for the V2 rocket one, well I haven't seen it detailed nor have I looked but I can introduce t the 3 other squad mates I had and everyone on the server. I haven't got vids as I dont run any software to record (need all the fps I can get). But believe me, it happened 2 times in a very short time by a squad that didnt even total 1/4 of score needed. Anyway, believe what you will I hope it was addressed in the latest patch.

Rubberband likes this.
  3. havabeer

havabeer Member

What ever happened to being able to drag wounded team mates?

4. japes

japes Member

Again, since the more I say it the more chance you have of actually comprehending it; nobody is doubting their existence. I'm absolutely doubting your perceived ability to spot cheats though.

Who knows, think they said they're looking at it still. More hype than delivery is pretty standard these days, unfortunately.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  5. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

In news that surprised no one, EA announces flagship game BFV sales failed to meet expectations - Electronic Arts Inc. stock plunged to its worst decline in more than a decade
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/e...-than-a-decade-after-earnings-miss-2019-02-05

"Our [Battlefield V] launch didn't resonate as strongly as we would have liked it to with players, and we were never truly able to catch up," Wilson said on the company's earnings call Tuesday. "And as our competitors continued to build momentum, whether that was 'Fortnite' or 'Red Dead Redemption 2' or 'Call of Duty,' we continued to stall from where we needed to be."

[​IMG]

tunksy likes this.
  6. Tinian

Tinian Member

Unfortunately the success of purchasing hats etc. in games is the complete opposite of what makes a good Battlefield game. No doubt EA will pursue this option and completely fuck it up.

macktheknife and fredhoon like this.
  7. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Member

Well they did tell customers not to buy their product if they don't like it. Surprising nobody that unpopular design choices lead to lower sales.

8. ChinoPD

ChinoPD Member

Third time is a charm for me. I shouldn’t have bought this even if it was on special. I allowed a second chance, but not again. Not for me, didn’t find this enjoyable. For those that enjoy it, I’m happy for you. I’m just getting too old maybe, LOL.

9. hawpinghaxbag

hawpinghaxbag Member

[​IMG]

tunksy and mAJORD like this.
  10. miguel_sanchez

miguel_sanchez Member

Had a round tonight for the first time in a few weeks. Really surprising people are still hating on it, it's a great game. That said, i usually play with a squad of 2-3 people i know, and having an effective squad makes alllll the difference in playing, which is the way battlefield should be.

Did come across a hacker for the first time tonight though, but it was only 1/2 a round, managed to report him (3 of us did) so hopefully he's been done.

Twisted steel is such a great map to play on, rare to have a match that i don't enjoy on that map...

11. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

I reckon that whole thing has been massively overblown by the gamergate/alt-right nutters making 10:01 youtube videos to sell outrage. Real issue is that BFV was clearly shoved out by EA to launch at least 9 months too soon (even with EA being dragged to a one month delay), filled with bugs and a lack of content.

Most people would never have heard of the entire outrage cycle regarding SJW's and "tranny lesbian wheelchair minorities in my vidya!" complaints. They'd just watch the trailer, read or watch a review from a handful of mainstream sites and then either buy or pass.

There's also a lot of cherry picking going on with the stock price to push the "EA being SJW ruined things #GetWokeGoBroke #Trump2022 #HeatedGamingMoments" narrative.

The share price was at $11 USD in 2012. It rose to $145 midway through 2018 (if you bought $50k of shares at $11 and sold at $145 you'd have made a $600,000 profit) and even after the fucked up the Star Wars license and BFV, it's still worth $80 a share.

But yeah I have absolutely no confidence EA will learn a thing from this. They are more likely to keep chasing microtransactions, a battle royal game of their own, fucking with established franchises and pushing shovelware out the door the moment it resembles something they can sell with marketing gimmicks than actually making a good game that has been polished to a level of quality people should expect from a "Triple A" (I can't write or see that without hearing it in Jim Sterlings voice) studio.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
    disguisey likes this.
  12. OP
    OP
    walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Pretty cool video featuring footage from unknowing players in BF1 & BFV in Dec and January.

the_antipop likes this.
  13. Frag

Frag Member

Have you tried Frontlines or Battlefront? Both those modes feel much more focused to me and actually really enjoying them more so frontlines. You are not surrounded and getting shot by a random sniper 300m away from god only knows which direction every time you move. At least you know most of your enemy is on one side rather than all around like lemmings. Also frontlines 32 player seems a nice number, though if you get on a shit side or one with players that are inactive you get screwed pretty quick.

14. radeon_freak

radeon_freak Member

Frontlines IMO is THE WORST game mode in existence. It's full of prone MG's sitting on a hill raping anything in sight.

On most maps there are little flanking options so as an attacker you're forced through shitty choke points.

The small amount of players per side makes it bland as fuck and the only action is mostly around the bomb plant/capture sites.

It should have been an infantry only mode accept now you have tanks added into the mix which completely dominate unless half your team is assault.

It also goes for WAY too long. What is it 40 minutes per map? After half hour of a stalemate game I dont even care about losing I just want the game to be over.

Each to their own I guess.

15. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Wonder if Apex has changed how they are planning to do the BR release.

Its not like its a surprise to them. Its published by EA anyway. They knew it was coming. They knew it was polished.

I wonder!

16. Frag

Frag Member

Nah, the MMG's are over represented because of the stupid tides of war so everyone doing their unlocks. After Tides of War is finished it will return to everyone being a sniper... Jokes.

I played I think all the maps in the rotation and certainly some of the 3 point maps are a little small, but many others offer huge potential to flank etc. And yes I think it should be inf only, not sure why they added tanks into it but hopefully they take them out but I guess they needed all class relevance and co-operation.

But yes each to their own.