Battlefield V

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by walker_2003, Mar 8, 2018.

1. disguisey

disguisey Member

I was enjoying BFV but haven't sucked anytime into it the past two weeks. APEX has been too much fun

2. ledhead900

ledhead900 Member

So anyone whom wishes to enlighten me as to if EA deserves my money for this after the stunts they pulled over the feminism campaign and internet riot rightfully due when a company pretty much tells their fan base to suck a d**k, may try to do so as I am genuinely curious if they do deserve my $ and if the hate train as subsided.

3. havabeer

havabeer Member

If you're really still harbouring those kind of strong SJW feelings about it, it's probably not for you. If it's on special it's probably worth it as the multiplayer is ok.

I played two of the single player campaigns and they where turds.

ledhead900 likes this.
  4. radeon_freak

radeon_freak Member

If you can put up with the typical Battlefield buggy releases that we've come to known then it's worth picking up on sale. For me it's probably one of the worst BF installments I've played. Don't get me wrong, it's an OK game but it just doesn't do anything well.

Nothing stands out when I play the game and even tho they crapped on about the volume of customization there really isn't that much. Every gun has pretty much the same basic skins across the board etc same goes for the outfits apart from the mastery ones. Not that you can tell in game who's wearing what or using what skins as everyone looks the same.

7/10 for me.

ledhead900 likes this.
  5. ledhead900

ledhead900 Member

I feel that maybe my point has been understood. I was mainly concerned about if EA ever apologised or do they still treat the fan base of BF like we are idiots. I'm sorry but I mean if you're happy to support a company who shits on primary consumer by calling them out in public announcements that is your business but me I did not buy the latest product "BF V" because of what they said about all of us and it's the same reason I don't buy Apple products (bad nature of the companies) so I used wallet as my voice.

The game could be amazing but I was not going to pre-order after their bullshit because it's not okay to call out your fans as nothing more than cash cows and their portray their feedback and voices are wrong and straight up proclaim you don't give a fuck when the vast majority of the voices were giving feedback and lashed out at a core problem that which was mistaken as anti-feminist but reality was WW2 not being portrayed in any meaningful authenticity. I'm in the same boat with the female characters were okay unlike some of the wagon followers at the time I understand that women played a large role in both WW2 even saw battle, but in one of the campaign missions ea took a true event and did a disservice to the people involved in that story with a fake plot and cast, however, this is not my major gripe with what they have done as not telling meaningful stories about war is a design choice however, trolling your community is a sure fire way to lose customers.

So BF1 was better? And they still have the same stupid bugs like in BF4? I haven't gotten a BF game since BF4 tbh hardline was stupid, BF1 might be okay tho. If it's on sale I may pick it up.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  6. radeon_freak

radeon_freak Member

It's the same bullshit with a slightly different smell. Same bugs, same weapon assignments not being tracked, no real anti cheat, classes are still somewhat unbalanced but getting there, still instantly dying from the TTK bug.

They said they were going back to their roots and those who had skill would excel with weapons etc but its not the case at all. You still have auto repairing tanks, planes with large circles showing exactly where your bombs will land, proning LMG's shredding everything in sight and the TTK is still not right.

IMO BF1 was better in every way shape and form. The game was undoubtedly more exciting and engaging for me. BF5 just feels like it's got no soul and empty to me, there is nothing exciting about it apart from the sounds. They got that right this time round.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  7. ledhead900

ledhead900 Member

Wow lol, so typical EA hype fashion all talk no substance all the money gone into suckling the Nvidia teat this time around when last time it was AMD Mantel (Vulkan), were we all stupid to to think that EA was going too ditch the "Modern" shooter design concepts and go back to some true BF 2 style combat with an updated engine, don't get me wrong some modernisation is sorely needed but re-using the same things the fans have been complaining about since BF 4 and not delivering on that true skill based experience just paints the picture clear.

Are many players active for BF1 still?

8. radeon_freak

radeon_freak Member

I'm not painting a pretty picture for it but unless it's on sale it's definitely not worth full price.

TBH I'm not sure about BF1 player count so hopefully someone else can comment on that but put it this way, my friends list is always full with people playing BF1 over BF5 and I know at least 90% of them have both titles.

9. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

The short 'demo' I guess, I played after release with a week ( I think it was a week, maybe 24 hours total i forget), I think they were right that it pushed the skill level back up from the likes of BF4. The lack of doritio triangles and autospot gadgets meant most of the chuds in the server had no idea where the enemy was unless they popped up right in front of their face and most of the people using vehicles were braindead idiots pushing on their own into enemy flags before getting hammered by anti-tank rockets, running over mines or getting blown up by satchel charges or whatever the WW2 version of C4 is called. It also had the same problem Battlefield has had for years, with air vehicles being massively overpowered.

As for "omg sjws ruined battlefield", when you're playing you literally do not notice if you're shooting a man or a women, there's no "gay transgender wheelchair cripple black people with purple hair and bionic arms" to ruin your "immersion" for you while you hop in your yellow & white camo painted Sturmtiger to shoot the English during the Battle for Rotterdam in 1940 (for some reason, fighting in tanks that didn't exist for 4 years, painted in camo that didn't exist, in a battle that didn't include the English, and when you're on foot, using weapons that weren't developed until 1943 or later doesn't ruin things as much as a game model having tits).

The game has it's own major flaws, there's no need to shove an alt-right narrative into your decision to buy it.

walker_2003, fredhoon and ledhead900 like this.
  10. ledhead900

ledhead900 Member

Cheers guys, I was just curious. I actually don't have anything against females in the game, I had a problem with the way EA handled the outcry from the minority of hardcore fans and publishing a response which painted every in the same colour of turd in their eyes. Tho the skill aspect regarding the triangle hunting I did not really worry about in any of them as I played on hardcore servers with all that spotting stuff disabled so if they marketed BF 5 like a return of the older style awareness based classics then that may be a lie if spotting and the likes were simply turned off by default, have they done anything else besides what we could already do with hardcore mode.

11. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

ledhead900 likes this.
  12. hawpinghaxbag

hawpinghaxbag Member

There are 2 full servers nightly in Australia, one with a very strong admin presence (A1)

Lots of maps you get really sick of though

ledhead900 likes this.
  13. OP
    OP
    walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Don't listen to radeon_freak this is the biggest change to battlefield formula ever. Is it the best game? No. 7/10 is reasonable.

But same shit slightly diff smell? Sounds like he hasn't even fired it up. :tongue:

But yes its buggy if thats what the 'same shit diff smell' comes from, but mostly assignment/XP crap, game play is pretty solid.

He also has weird friends who think the joke of bf1 is better. :lol:

Nobody I know (and I got alot of origin) even touch bf1 anymore all I see is BFV and Apex.

Anyone tried new operation? Looks hectic but not bad.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2019
  14. radeon_freak

radeon_freak Member

Same shit different smell was in regards to the same bugs that have plagued the BF series over the past few years. It's like they never learn from previous titles.

Each to their own but like I said, my mates and quite a few rands (including some OCAU members) are mostly playing BF1.

There's a reason why BF5 didn't sell as expected and their shares have since dropped through the floor.

I can see why some hate it and others love it. But I think if you're a die-hard old school BF fan you're going to be disappointed this time round.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2019
    XanaTos likes this.
  15. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

The actual Die Hard Old School fans have been disappointed for 13 years bud.

16. ledhead900

ledhead900 Member

I suspect because they just keep adding to an existing engine "Frostbite" so if the bug exists in a certain layers of Frostbite then it is likely that same bug is transferred into the "new skin" this is the issue I had with BF since BF4 is BF with a different skin each time I am not seeing anything new compared to B4-BF1-BFV same engine a few post-processing improvements maybe things are different but not different enough I intended to pay full price for either of them.

17. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

Are people still playing this game?
    Official Reddit sub is a dumpster fire of complaining over lack of content/updates: https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/top/?sort=top&t=week
    The mods don't bother taking it down anymore.

DICE Devs are posting excuses on twitter about limited budgets to explain missing/lazy content, like they are an indie dev or something?: https://twitter.com/NiklasAstrand/status/1099574416172830720

Also, more DICE producers are jumping ship: https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/auolax/moving_on/

Will the long announced BR mode next month (made by Criterion not DICE) save them?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    ChinoPD and JayKay777 like this.
  18. japes

japes Member

No surprise that the content that was meant to be dripfed simply isn't there when the game flops.

Will they learn their lesson? Na. This was the result of them claiming they already had.

19. Frag

Frag Member

20. JayKay777

JayKay777 Member

Yep feels like worst outcome is starting to happen when considering a move from expansion packs to live update. With no firm release dates for $X priced expansion and no $X of subscriptions, it can fall back to low priority.
    The thing I don't get is why no store yet for the customisations? (I don't think there is?) It feels like they already think its a flop, but there is no cosmetic microtransaction. so how can they get revenue? Same goes for no RSP, so no revenue from that?

It's just hard I think for the playerbase to understand what they are trying to do, as they aren't copying standard business models from other games.

It's also disappointing as the roadmap did have some good historical stories in there. BF1 was pretty good at covering (albeit less global) western, eastern, middle east and Alps fronts. This is just feminist revision history, very offensive to the real raiders of Operation Freshman, in a couple of very niche and shortlived battles.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019