1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Battlefield V

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by walker_2003, Mar 8, 2018.

1. radeon_freak

radeon_freak Member

Meh I'm not dropping another cent on this garbage. Only a fool would buy cosmetic gear in BF5, not only because the game is rather rubbish but you can't even tell who is wearing what. Seems completely pointless.

2. Sphinx

Sphinx Member

walker_2003 likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Hopefully get some Aussie matches.. Am out of town for a while by time I get back probly won't be any..

4. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

So. How's the BR going?

5. OP
    OP
    walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Apparently the Aussie servers did get fixed up after the first week but am out of town so no idea. Anyone else on it? With some tweaks it has great potential, first thing is looting system.

6. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

I feel like it's too late though. You need to start strong with a big playerbase, then try not fuck it up.

Not a solid playerbase, fuck it up, then release BR after Apex exploded then still fuck it up. People unlikely to gravitate to it once it's got good. Needs to start good.

nope and walker_2003 like this.
  7. OP
    OP
    walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

In Australia yes. In America etc never any issues getting Pubg matches etc and same with this.

We are too small, even apex will eventually die off in OCE once a cpl new games drop.

Chek Chamber likes this.
  8. japes

japes Member

Will be a lot slower die off than other BR games that split their playerbase though.

Firestorm was always going to flop. Was clearly in an unreleasable state at BFV launch, then Respawn returned the arsefucking favour they copped when Titanfall 2 released.

Regarding playerbase split etc, every single person I've seen request solos for Apex on stream or ingame has massively overestimated their own ability, so hopefully that never happens.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
    nope likes this.
  9. nope

nope Member

missed out on the free game code for this is it worth buying? was asking some chaps on bf4 they said firestorm was basically dead in aus
    Whats the rest of the servers like in aus? If its as dead as bf4 and bf1 i wont bother.

10. miguel_sanchez

miguel_sanchez Member

Firestorm is okay-ish (in terms of finding a game that is) if you play full squad. We've tried a few times single or duo and given up and just played with randoms in the 4. Shame, it's addictively fun.

11. bennyling

bennyling Member

Anyone been having issues finding Firestorm games in AU lately? Our squad, even with randoms, always gets put onto SEA servers with 200-300 ping — and that's when we can find a game, as sometimes we just can't.

EDIT: read a bunch of Reddit threads on the issue, seems like Firestorm has dynamic servers that are spun up per region when enough people are queueing in that region, which means there's no enough people playing the game at peak times across both AU/NZ for Firestorm servers, which is kind of hard to believe.

Last edited: May 4, 2019
  12. miguel_sanchez

miguel_sanchez Member

Yep, get the same thing. Makes so much sense to me that the servers are spun up on demand given the connection mechanism for firestorm (i.e. click join and wait....). Makes sense in some ways to ensure people are put into the same server on demand, still, they could at least have a few dedicated servers....

13. OP
    OP
    walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Problem with only spinning up when there is demand is the demand won't be there. I ain't going to fire it up unless I know for fact I getting aussie server and not taking a punt.

14. bennyling

bennyling Member

Good news, Australian/NZ Firestorm players: Australian servers are (somewhat) back! Australian Firestorm servers now seem to be spun up, even with lower player counts, which means that while you may get into a game with only 20 people total, you'll be on 20ms ping instead of 160ms.

Tell you friends, and hopefully there will be more people playing outside of peak times to support Australian Firestorm servers all the time!

Chek Chamber likes this.
  15. Sphinx

Sphinx Member

Update #4 Patch notes out:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefiel...ttlefield_v_chapter_3_trial_by_fire_update_4/

On Thursday, May 23rd, 2019, we'll be rolling out the Battlefield V Chapter 3 Update #4 for all platforms and regions.
    As this is a zero-downtime update, you will need to log out of the game when the update is available for your platform to download it and update your client. Schedule is as follows:

• PC: We'll be rolling out the PC Update starting at 0800 UTC / 1AM PDT / 0900 BST / 6PM AEST
    • PS4: We'll be rolling out the PS4 Update starting at 0900 UTC / 2AM PDT / 1000 BST / 7PM AEST
    • Xbox One: We'll be rolling out the PC Update starting at 1000 UTC / 3AM PDT / 1100 BST / 8PM AEST

Also RIP the strict attrition model: :rolleyes:

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  16. radeon_freak

radeon_freak Member

Game feels so dead lol. Jumped on after about a 4 month break and could only find 3 populated conquest servers. Still also runs like a POS on mid/high end hardware. Game just doesn't feel smooth even sitting above 100fps constantly. Even the player sprinting effects make the game appear to be jerky and not fluid. What am I saying, the whole game just feels entirely shit to me lol.

17. asho444

asho444 Member

Seriously wow is re-releasing with much fan fare.. I'm just saying

18. OP
    OP
    walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Weird, frostbite is know for how smooth it feels. Game always played very nicely for me buttery smooth.

19. terroristone

terroristone Member

Put onscreen info for your video card and see if its clocking to what it should be and is holding those clocks, i had this issue with newer drivers not liking the bios i had on my card and would pull my overclock down below stock settings...PM me if you want to chat further so we dont thread crap here.

T1

20. Sphinx

Sphinx Member

New map reveal.... FINALLY!

Available May 30 as a free update to Battlefield V, experience the new Mercury map when the fight moves to the Mediterranean, part of Chapter 3: Trial By Fire. Take on a massive invasion along the Cretan coast, based on the real-life WW2 events of Operation Mercury.

Chek Chamber and Sanity_Smith like this.