1. OCAU Merchandise now available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice

Battlefield V

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by walker_2003, Mar 8, 2018.

1. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

EA announced today they are ending major support for BF5. No more major content packs.

Still amazes me how much EA stuffed this up, right when everyone was sick of Modern Combat Jetpack 10 meter knife COD BLOPS Battle Fortnite Royale games, they come out with this nonsense. I played the 7 day demo and it was just bland.

2. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

Technically they announced one more small update for June, but yeah - no more after that. :thumbdn:
    https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/battlefield-5/news/the-future-of-battlefield-v

No US vs Germany. No Russia vs Germany.
    Hardly anything Pacific.

it's not early access, it's gAmEs As a LiVe sErViCe... until we decide to walk away.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
  3. asho444

asho444 Member

Certainly not pre ordering next time, what a Let down.

AmB likes this.
  4. Chek Chamber

Chek Chamber Member

So disappointed we didnt get Omaha beach or the Normandy beach landing missions. The pacific campaign is really good, my favourite map being Iwo Jima.

5. AmB

AmB Member

BF 5 = BF 1 = crap.

6. asho444

asho444 Member

Agreed, I fully expected to see this as one of those multi mission modes. A beach head landing and rushing the pill boxes would be great.

Oh well. I'll just keeping playing all of the free games getting thrown about now lol

7. mooboyj

mooboyj Member

I'm back playing BF4, it is awesome. I've essentially given up on BF1 and hated BF5 when I had the trial so never bought it.

ChinoPD likes this.
  8. Skydome

Skydome Member

man bf4 was a dumpsterfire when compared to bf3.

only thing that annoyed me with bf3 was the blue tint and garbo engine.

9. asho444

asho444 Member

man bf3 was a dumpsterfire when compared to bf2.

only thing that annoyed me with bf2 was the blue tint and garbo engine

10. macktheknife

macktheknife Member

man bf2 was a dumpsterfire when compared to desert combat

only thing that annoyed me with desert combat was the blue tint and garbo engine

11. Skydome

Skydome Member

in terms of modern bf games bf3 was the only decent one. everything after that was shit.

12. itsmydamnation

itsmydamnation Member

Bf4 was better then 3, bc2 was king

13. Skydome

Skydome Member

in terms of networking. Yes. The thing that pissed me off about bf3 was its garbage networking but sides from bf4s better networking it just wasn't a good game.

Only thing i can really be positive about on bf4 was the scripted destruction events.

14. adamsleath

adamsleath Member

i had the most fun in bf2. seemed more raw. and not just graphically. just seemed to run better.

breno likes this.
  15. itsmydamnation

itsmydamnation Member

Bf4 biggest dissappoint was caspian border, how did they fuck that up. I really liked the original levels in bf4, I think the fragmentation with all the add-ons kinda hurt after a while but most of those levels where good as well.

16. asho444

asho444 Member

I honestly think there is just too much variety in weapons these days. Like bf2 and 2142 each faction had their standard plus 1 or two unlocks which meant you had to master multiple types of weapons and not just use the same guns round after round. Also I feel the charecters are bigger somehow if that makes sense, more cod 4 like now than they used to be in bf2 and 2142

17. Chek Chamber

Chek Chamber Member

Yea the characters look really weird to me, like theyre elongated or something. Plus the rendering looks weird; very plasticine like if you know what i mean.

18. jpw007

jpw007 Member

BF2142 is the best BF ever and i'll fight anyone that says otherwise.

I did love BF2 but 2142 kickstarted my PC FPS life <3.

I would enjoy a new Bad Company. Those games were wicked! Based on play time of the 'new gen' BF games i'd have to say BF3 I played most, BF4 and BF1 i couldn't seem to get in to. BC and BC2 were wicked. I might give them a go again soon actually.

Something about BF's seem to lose their BF feel to me though?! Not sure what it was. But that gleen on sniper scopes is shit.

I can tolerate a few rounds of BF4 and have fun but it doesnt draw me back anymore in a way 3 did.

asho444 likes this.
  19. asho444

asho444 Member

Ahh good times.
    I feel that it really lost its cohesion not having a commander and the bigger squads. That and the amazing rag dolls of the arty strikes!

Spyder6052 likes this.
  20. lxboston

lxboston Member

Still quite enjoying this online on a Friday afternoon with a few beers or a late night session after the baby is in bed. Favourite rifles at the moment is the Turner Smle, M1 garand, and actually the STG with a 3x scope on it is awesome. I feel like they fixed it a bit making it easier to blow tanks with the PIAT if you know what your doing.