1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Battlefield V

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by walker_2003, Mar 8, 2018.

1. asho444

asho444 Member

The instant gratification generation, bf2 really made you work for the ranks and ribbons! Something I really enjoyed! I remember it was 150 hours as one faction as part of a ribbon, now that's all it takes to get max rank!

2. Sphinx

Sphinx Member

Probably explains why almost all squad play with randoms is shit in the beta, despite the game trying to force more squad play with roles and limited resources.
    With mates is better, but solo/randoms you seem to be always running back to boxes because they don't GAF.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  3. eixt

eixt Member

Couldn't have said it better.
    How much fun was it when your squad got pinned down pushing for an objective, just trying to hold on, talking to the commander calling for reinforcements.

fredhoon, alexb618, Sphinx and 2 others like this.
  4. asho444

asho444 Member

How good were the actual comms in those games tho, people actually used the squad talk and then the leaders actually talked to the commander, was such a good system!

fredhoon and the_fuzz like this.
  5. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Yeah thats right. The commander talked to squad leaders. And the squad leaders talked to the squad.

It was proper team work.

And you'd get pinned in spawn and one guy would manage to escape out and swim for fucking ages to a flag, and everyone would leave the squad and rejoin to make him squad leader and boom is fucking on again. Flag gets capped, 90% of the team spawns in, and its game on.

The flags in this game just go nuts. You cap it, move on, gets recapped, go back, rinse repeat.

fredhoon likes this.
  6. asho444

asho444 Member

And thinking tactically, like a C4 junkie and support head up top their base and take out the commander tools to help get a ahead! Also love how repairing a bridge is new in 5, pretty sure we could do that in 2 ha ha

7. PabloEscobar

PabloEscobar Member

I'm pretty sure this is confirmation bias... for every game where you had good communication, there were 50, where your squad leader (and the leaders of the other 18 squads) were just camped on a hill somewhere as far as humanely possible from a flag. The commander used assets purely for himself (or didn't use them at all), and the 12 YO kid in your squad kept squawking about how he fucked your mother.

qwijibo, Rubberband and Spyder6052 like this.
  8. _slappy_dn

_slappy_dn Member

After careful consideration, and several hours of gameplay, the game sucks dick.

Spyder6052 and whatdoesthisdo like this.
  9. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

See. I ran my tests. Completed the burn in period. And came to a similar set of findings.

Science.

10. OP
    OP
    walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

It's not what I had hoped but def not terrible. No doubt itl be tweaked some what.

7/10 not bad for early access title.

Ill throw some hours at it. If u can get me away from cod blackout.

11. 6thgear

6thgear Member

Hey guys im trying to download the open access beta but not seeing anything possible on the origin app?

Is there a trick or is it not OPEN to aus residents without pre-ordering the game?

12. shippuuden

shippuuden Member

open beta is over isnt it? now you have to pre order to get access i think.

13. 6thgear

6thgear Member

Damn, not sure i want to risk buying the game without playing the beta, last few BF have not been great IMO

14. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Beta gone now bro. Missed out.

Wait for a sale hey.

15. shippuuden

shippuuden Member

well its upto you but honestly you can watch 1000 videos and read 1000 reviews at the end of the day its just another BF game.

16. Sphinx

Sphinx Member

Well, they have only recently announced that despite the month launch delay the game will still not have a lot of earlier promised content until next year - including game modes, vehicle types, maps, customisation types, campaigns and even some promised player mechanics! You can read more about this in this Reddit thread here.

This is EA's new so called "game-as-a-service" tactic of partial game launch/add stuff later (also known as early access) - is used to generate pre-sales and micro-trans income to develop promised content that should be at launch. They also used it with SWBF2 which didn't work out well for the game, also they could decide to drop any of these promises if the game loses popularity quickly if the funding isn't there.

People like myself have decided to vote with their wallet to stop encouraging this practice with pre-ordering a half-delivered game on promises, maybe once the game is completed as promised and the playerbase hasn't already evaporated (like it did for SWBF2), perhaps then EA will get my money - but not before.

Spyder6052, mAJORD and whatdoesthisdo like this.
  17. Frag

Frag Member

If you liked BF1, you will like BF5. I didnt like BF1 and my gut says I dont like BF5 after 3 odd hours in the beta. Dunno, graphics were awesome / engine was awesome but gameplay was meh. Again subjective, everyone has different expectations fun.

18. _slappy_dn

_slappy_dn Member

I liked BF1 - didnt love it, but played it for like 60 hours or so, and I do not like BFV after around 20 hours of play. They have ruined any enjoyment I could get from it.

Edit - it honestly felt like i played bf1 way more than that - but well, thats the stats.

19. hawpinghaxbag

hawpinghaxbag Member

Playing BFVagina just made me quit out and fire up BF1, even with 70% pkt loss BF1 was far more enjoyable

20. Spyder6052

Spyder6052 Member

i would say all teeth

[​IMG]

walker_2003 likes this.