1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Battlefield V

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by walker_2003, Mar 8, 2018.

1. OP
    OP
    walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Cod BR is fun! Just needs some tweaks.

I think they improved bf1 a lot. Initially support was absolutely useless and now lmg are viable (tho possibly a little too op)

2. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Yeah, tweak the gameplay

3. japes

japes Member

Heat maps might look pretty but at the end of the day they're completely irrelevant to the issues with BFV.

4. OP
    OP
    walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Remember it's call of duty. It is just call of duty with a BR mode. It isn't the entire game either. I know you don't like the direction cod took after cod 4 but the fan base does. I think it needs lean element and TTK tweaks and itl be decent.

Well one of the most complained about things was the stg44 being to op at all ranges, those heatmaps tend to agree and they mention itl be copping a nerf. If you watch video they are addressing a lot of the major complaints from beta but it's not a game for everyone.

One complaint might not be fixed and that's lack of huge maps.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
  5. Sphinx

Sphinx Member

Yep, unless they push back the game 6 months and remake all the maps 2-3 times bigger with more vehicles, airfields and bases, etc then this "battlefield" game will die a quick death (longevity wise) like BF1 - no matter what they tweak. There is a shit-tonne of content, game modes, customisation and even game mechanics (like dragging) all not coming until next year anyway. Play-as-a-service (which is Early Access with Microtrans renamed by EA) for full priced $90-$100 AAA games while they still work on content, needs to die in a fire. Don't support this shit with pre-orders.

Also the new simple / mobile style UI with 100 steps to do anything sucks balls.. almost like there is a mobile app version coming, hey if PUBG can do it.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    Spyder6052 likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Unfortunately games like ark and Pubg have shown early access and bs unstable '1.0' builds are fine to sell as full priced and have set a precedence. You're right though the game will be complete in a few months after 1.0 like bf1 was.

7. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

COD shouldn't have lean. Just like CSGO shouldn't.

Lean is a slow paced element. Keep it for the slower games.

And I guess I preferred the Infinity Ward installments. Got too focussed at pleasing 14 year old console kids IMO.

Perko and walker_2003 like this.
  8. _slappy_dn

_slappy_dn Member

cod BR is the worst game I have played in years

9. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Didn't try Island of Nyne?

walker_2003 likes this.
  10. OP
    OP
    walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

You must have played some epic games.

Cod isn't for everyone but you are in a large minority of people who hated the beta, plenty of mixed opinions of course. Usually bandwagon cod hate from non arcade fps fans.

Funny thing is people got the beta expecting it to be some totally new new BR game.. Nope it's call of duty with a BR mode and bullet physics.

11. _slappy_dn

_slappy_dn Member

No , not really, I just dont play heaps of new titles, I tend to find something I like and stick with it. Im just searching for that something at present so trying some new things, and everything sucks fat dicks

12. OP
    OP
    walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Well what was the last 3 titles u stuck to and let's see where to go from there.

13. _slappy_dn

_slappy_dn Member

PUBG (if you can call it stuck to at this point) Dota 2, BF 2/3 and UT 1 2 3 4

14. OP
    OP
    walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

PUBG has no equal :p

Dota 2, I dunno those games are lame haha, LoL / HoTS

BF 2/3, BF4? still goes aiight.. maybe World War 3.

UT humm those days are gone :( tho was one FTP clone I saw on steam that looked ok.

15. _slappy_dn

_slappy_dn Member

I like competitive games, and it seems the further we go, the more they cater to those who want shit to be easy, with no learning curve, and no ability required.

asho444 likes this.
  16. XanaTos

XanaTos Member

This is true about the PUBG part. Year and a half along with all the shitting bugs/hackers/servers and they wonder why a high percent of the player base left. Only greedy dumb arses could fuck that up.

17. whatdoesthisdo

whatdoesthisdo Member

and now they have taken to suing "copy cats" fkn rofl

18. OP
    OP
    walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

A little more to it then fortnite copying the BR formula.. as the devs of fortnite work and develop UE engine, they apparently used PUBG assets without permission to develop fortnite BR after fortnite STW was a flop.

19. Frag

Frag Member

Overwatch is pretty good in that respect, big learning curve to be good.. not for everyone but I like it when I get bored :)

Sanity_Smith and walker_2003 like this.
  20. Sphinx

Sphinx Member

Someone carefully edited footage from 14 older Battlefield trailers and closely matched it to the audio of the latest BFV trailer, They titled it "The Battlefield We Wanted (Battlefield 5)"
    bring back #onlyinbattlefield

rap and Sanity_Smith like this.