Battlefield V

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by walker_2003, Mar 8, 2018.

1. trevor68

trevor68 Member

Best game I ever played was Vietcong, zero online stats, you just played because it was fun. Second best was Frontlines, but by far the best Battlefield was BC2, would have loved a BC3.

summoner likes this.
  2. japes

japes Member

Was it your first Battlefield by any chance?

3. fredhoon

fredhoon Member

I highly doubt that.

[edit]
    Unless I have my wires crossed I recall the loose BF2/BF2:SF OCAU clan trying to convince trevor to join in on some casual competition matches, however he was too busy with other far more competitive clan roles. I also blame Trevor and a few others hyping up Frontline because it was far superior to BF2, which I tried and then stopped playing BF2.

Somewhat on topic - bring back the BF2 commander role for BF5, also the sniper spotting for artillery and tracking the projectiles. My favorite memory of the Battlefield series was a 64 player OCAU vs Whirlpool free for all where I had a stint as commander co-ordinating scans and drops for squad leaders and directing air and tank squads to support infantry squads. It was an epic semi-coordinated battle, so much better than public 64 maps. If BF5 can get something close to massive co-ordinated battles I'll consider paying full release price.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  4. trevor68

trevor68 Member

Yeah, BC2 is still my fav from BF2/3/4/1

5. power

power Member

i did the same thing a while back, quit the game after about a minute of unlocking stupid pack things.

supposedly the new game will get a reveal next week - however, i doubt i'll play, modern BF with it's stupid progression and unlocks system just annoys me and ppl like you whatdoesthisdo.

https://www.destructoid.com/dice-will-reveal-battlefield-v-next-week-503309.phtml

whatdoesthisdo likes this.
  6. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

Last edited: May 17, 2018
  7. AxlOz

AxlOz Member

I used to love having a crack on BF4, same with BF3 (less so), and BF2 was where it started for me. I loved the weather effects they put into BF4 but the gameplay itself got very 'arcade-y' after a while. Once I got over that I continued enjoying it for what it was.

Now I play Squad. Haven't touched a BF game in over 12 months. Uninstalled them all.. Squad is just a whole new level of immersion. That said, if BF5 comes out and looks good I'll probably give it a shot though!

The key annoying feature for me is how they try to augment the technology and physics of the game's 'world'. I get it, its for the sake of fun gameplay, but either go all out (BF 2142), or do a real good job of tuning the real world aspects to provide a fun/evenly matched game. I avoided BF1 for this reason (I tried the beta). The weaponry is just all bollocksed up to be 'awesome'. WW1 had primitive weaponry by today's standards, I wish they'd worked with that..

Does anyone know what 'theatre' or 'era' BF5 will be set in?

8. power

power Member

Battlefield and all others have one big fat problem if you ask me, complexity for complexity sake. Too much time fuck arsing around in menus fiddling with customisation blah de blah and less focus on the game. Used to be here's a few classes with a loadout, go soldier shoot some stuff - learn the maps and you're golden. Now, well it is too much effort to even bitch about it. URGH.

Skip to 12:40 of the below, this encapsulates the other problem with modern online... that chart of here's you, here's everyone who's racked up 200 hours and the game came out last week so they've unlocked all the guns and shit etc etc. You throw up your hands and say "fuck it" and go black Dad of Boy instead. No wonder it sold 3 million copies in 3 days.

9. Perko

Perko Member

Nah, the rumour mill has gone from BC3 to WWII, but a lot of that seems to be based on the fact that they just did WWI. Doesn't really account for CoD just doing a WWII game.

It'll be like the 2000 era all over again if they do, basically every franchise had a WWII game then.

10. power

power Member

hope they mix it up and go left field like the did for WW1. We are so due a Vietnam game or similar.

11. Perko

Perko Member

Yeah they've done that twice too though. As a disclaimer, I wouldn't put it past them, they're one of the most money grubbing publishers we've ever seen after all lol.

As for the skill curve, I've sort of found that BF1 has a bit of a ceiling where people can't really dominate on the same level as they have in previous games. BC2/BF3/BF4 all suffered from hackers too though. The number of obvious radar hackers in BC2 is getting to be a problem with such a small remaining player base.

12. VL_BT1

VL_BT1 Member

id like to some something modern day again.

13. asho444

asho444 Member

2143 would make my life, i honestly thought BF1 would have been that given the final expansion for 4.

i miss the Pilum and BAUR and my beloved 12G

everybodies likes this.
  14. Perko

Perko Member

You'd have to think that a 2142 sequel or prequel is the obvious bet, but then when they listen to "the fans" it's usually the wrong ones. Streamers etc that may only put in enough hours to pump some content until the ADHD sends them off to the next release.

15. MotoMan

MotoMan Member

BF2143 would prompt a serious upgrade to my rig... and tears of joy.

Tears of sadness if it's World War II based... BF1 was easily the worst BF game they ever created.
    It was so boring.

Tears of rage if they F@*K it up like Battlefront 2 (my money is on this)

16. everybodies

everybodies Member

yup. im with you asho444 , if there was one revival pick i'd pick 2142
    with upgraded graphics it would be sick today - original recommended requirement was a 256mb video card, crikey, did we use such things? ha ha minimum was 128mb card lol

17. Sphinx2000

Sphinx2000 Member

18. MotoMan

MotoMan Member

Ok you heard it here first.. My guess..

If you listen closely it sounds like a mech in the background.. and his glasses look kinda steampunk....
    *edit* and my guess is the quiet gesture is due to the mech not being friendly

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  19. havabeer

havabeer Member

Could be right... “alternate history” somewhat Wolfe stein style

20. itsmydamnation

itsmydamnation Member

Battlefield , red alert