Battlefield V

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by walker_2003, Mar 8, 2018.

1. asho444

asho444 Member

:thumbup: gonna need it!

2. xcessive303

xcessive303 Member

Game is launching for me as a premier subscriber. Even though release date still says Nov 10 12:00am. Clicking on the cog wheel and 'play' launches the game. Nicely played EA....

3. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

feel free to give your thoughts peeps.

4. xcessive303

xcessive303 Member

Feels very solid, runs pretty smooth. Feels much more fluid than the beta did, had 3 rounds of MP and did the Intro war story. The squad spawning and bleed out timer have improve a lot.

the_antipop likes this.
  5. MrBS

MrBS Member

lol before bed I set up the download, there was a 1G patch for another game queued up before V so I let it run, wake up this morning to see that there is a confirmation to install that 1G patch and the V hasn't even started downloading. I keep forgetting origin likes to do this sometimes :p

6. the_antipop

the_antipop Member

Gave it a whirl this morning before work. It's unreal. Really smooth, gunplay feels tight, map design is off the charts. Can't wait to get home and play more.
    Was playing Grand Operations, and had Frontlines on Twisted Steel... best BF experience I've had since BF4. Just the graphics, sound design, running through trenches and foxholes. Unreal.

cmi83 likes this.
  7. ausduckz

ausduckz Member

Anyone have any idea how it's going to work, if we play the Digital Deluxe version via Premier, and then add a Standard version retail key to your account?

I've already got a pre-order through JB Hi-Fi for $69, but pretty keen to get playing, just don't want it to be a mess later on, with different copies and versions on my account.

8. asho444

asho444 Member

well most reviews online seem to be overwhelmingly positive, except for UI design (too clicky)
    people are upset there arent the classic WW2 maps but they will arrive eventually.
    sounds like the most stable launch yet (compared to BF4 and 1)

9. AlliZ

AlliZ Member

holy jesus, the graphics in this game on max settings :D

cmi83 likes this.
  10. asho444

asho444 Member

ray tracing?

11. cmi83

cmi83 Member

I had the pre-ordered digital version, then ordered the premier access to get access early. It is already suggesting to me I can ask for a refund for the standard copy
    (once the game is actually released I assume. At the moment it says I can get a refund on the game, but when i go to claim, it says i have no matching products yet)

12. cmi83

cmi83 Member

Ahh.. stuck at work, then have kids sports activities after work. C'mooooon 7pm

13. asho444

asho444 Member

just do an EA chat session, had pain trying to cancel both my wife's and mine through the orgin product. chat took all of 5 minutes to have it sorted.

cmi83 likes this.
  14. purehybrid

purehybrid Member

Thanks for the vid... definitely a move in the right direction. Definitely still not comfortable with the precedent at all, but I guess I'm pissing in the wind at this point.

walker_2003 and cmi83 like this.
  15. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

so YAY or NAY?

16. OP
    OP
    walker_2003

walker_2003 Member

Bit early to say but surely get ya monies worth at least.. Maybe not 400 hours but I think is potential to last longer then bf1 anyway.

17. mAJORD

mAJORD Member

Ea access only?

18. cmi83

cmi83 Member

I'm watching bits of this on my breaks.. seems pretty damn good. I think with COD not doing so well (even tho preorders were higher, doesn't seem to be that much hype anymore) and BFV looking pretty substantial, we could end up with a long-living game.

19. Renegade40D

Renegade40D Member

Personal opinion obviously but
    I put a lot of time into BF3 with friends and the majority of them,including myself, moved on not long after BF4 came out because it was very underwhelming. So to me it's like saying your new car is the best driving experience you have had since the Reliant Robin.

I also won't consider going near it until all modes etc are released. A half game release from a big developer is not acceptable, Sadly people still throw the pre order money at them so they will keep doing it.

20. xcessive303

xcessive303 Member

I know this a bit early to call but it 'feels' like its the best Battlefield since BF2 or BC2 for me personally. While I liked BF3 and BF4 both they never gave me the same feeling 'wow' feeling as I've been getting with BF5. It is so far above the new COD in terms of overall gameplay its not even funny.

This comes down purely to the gameplay, feel of the guns, graphics, sound all coming together. It is so much better than BF1 in terms of feel. I know some people may criticise it for not being authentically WW2, but for me its just a non-issue.

I've actually decided to go ahead with the yearly origin access premier sub, while it may be a light on with content the core gameplay is so good I'm happy to wait.

walker_2003 likes this.