Bending EK PETG - Provided Silicon Insert too small

Discussion in 'Extreme and Water Cooling' started by DarkAvernus, Oct 17, 2017.

1. DarkAvernus

DarkAvernus Member

So currently pulling together my new build using EK 12/16mm PETG and as the title suggests the 12mm EK Silicon Insert (11mm when I measured it) just slides straight into the tube with no resistance at all.

When bending this is causing flat spots in the tube which frankly look terrible and tend to make the bends larger than they should be.

Never had this issue with 10/12mm tubing and related inserts so wondering if anyone has encountered this issue before with 12/16mm EK products and can suggest somewhere to get a snug insert for this size.

So far my google efforts have proved unsuccessful for anywhere onshore so hoping someone can point me in the right direction, even if it's from somewhere like bunnings.... Cheers!

2. aa1320

aa1320 Member

get it from Ebay, there is Barrow 12mm insert available. I will measure mine when home if you want.

3. OP
    OP
    DarkAvernus

DarkAvernus Member

Will give barrow a shot! Havnt used it before but certainly narrows things down. Hopefully it works well

4. aa1320

aa1320 Member

Just letting you know that the Barrow one I got is 11.7mm. I think that should be close enough

5. Neonkore

Neonkore Member

I just finished my build with the same kit. I had flat spots only when I overheated the tube and pushed against the die, if I left it cooler it gave a perfect radius with no flat spot. Perhaps try that? But I agree, it's a little too loose, but as soon as you have over 2 bends in the tube its very tight...