1. OCAU Merchandise is available! Check out our 20th Anniversary Mugs, Classic Logo Shirts and much more! Discussion in this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Benton, Benton........BENTON!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pets & Animals' started by Sir Didymus, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Sir Didymus

Sir Didymus Member

2. broccoli

broccoli Member

Am I a bad person for being on Benton's side?

3. OP
    OP
    Sir Didymus

Sir Didymus Member

Hell no, Benton saw his chance and went for it. Good luck to him.

4. broccoli

broccoli Member

He was having such FUN. He didn't catch any of the deer, so I hope they were ok with being rounded up.

As somebody said in the comments, the guy running when he's a million miles away with no hope of catching his dog is funny.

5. Oosh

Oosh Member

6. broccoli

broccoli Member

Yes, the owner should have had the dog under control. No wonder he hasn't come forward. I wonder if Fenton is now called Rover or something :lol:

7. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Rofl.....yeah very funny, hilarious!

That's part of the reason I only let mine off the lead when there is just nothing else around for miles.

This women the other day had her dog off the leash and it came running up to mine (ran straight across a side road and I was trying to keep my dog away because I knew this very thing would happen, so I stayed across the road), I politely told her to get a leash and she abused me for it :rolleyes:

8. broccoli

broccoli Member

Yes, you get the clueless who have no control of their dog and should never let them off the lead, but then you get the normally obedient dog who suddenly decides to run amok.

9. TaroT

TaroT Member

wrong name its fenton... i thought you were calling me for a second :p

10. Joehax

Joehax Member

That is bloody awesome!

11. Soc

Soc Member

My dog is really well behaved and we've done a lot of training and he's great... at everything bar recall... So he stays on the lead. Always on lead. Just to prevent any kangaroo herding from occurring.

12. Marksman X

Marksman X Member

A kangaroo will kill a dog faster than a dog can herd them up.

13. kandrews

kandrews Member

Perhaps.....

You mean the Male Kangaroo could, but he typically needs to position himself on his tail to enable his two legs to deliver the damage.

Unfortunately, when the dog is experienced with dealing in Roo's he will never confront the Roo head-on. He will jump on his neck from behind bringing it down.

I've seen those pitbull-crosses bring down 90kg Males down to the ground and quickly dispatch them in under a minute. But I've lived in the Country for a number of years and every dog has his favourite way of bringing down a Kangaroo.

Sometimes an inexperienced dog gets the sharp-end of the assault.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  14. Marksman X

Marksman X Member

Sorry should of explained what I meant a bit better.
    A Kangaroo will drown a dog 9 times out of 10 if there is a water source nearby:
    Dog chases 'roo, 'roo jumps in dam, dog follows, 'roo stands on dog, no more dog.
    I have seen many people make the sad mistake of letting there dog chase down a 'roo, only to have the dog never return.
    However, if the dog is well versed in going up against roo's, then it will tend to come out victorious (such as the example you presented).

15. kandrews

kandrews Member

Dingo's and certain pet dogs hate inland waterway's, they won't go into bodies of water, even though the Roo's go in. The Dingo's just wait on the water line. Remember the Roo's can't sleep nor feed in water. So eventually the wild dogs win.

I've seen Dingo's wait for five days until the roo's come out of the water. By then, the dingo numbers where in the dozens.

16. IMtech

IMtech (Banned or Deleted)

That was classic! :lol: :thumbup: