Best burgers in Melbourne

Discussion in 'Geek Food' started by Amfibius, Feb 20, 2012.

1. jpw007

jpw007 Member

You shitting me? I had no idea, and I didn't notice anything there that said it was vegitarian!!

If it's really the case, well eff me I'd happily eat it every day regardless of real meat or not!

2. Ravennoir

Ravennoir Member

When I had the burgers there the first time I knew, but my wife didnt

We both agreed that they were good, and then I told her there was now meat, she couldnt believe it

3. scrantic

scrantic Member

Went to Easey's last night (@JimmysBurgers) new joint. Got there pretty early ordered myself a Randy Double cheese burger with Jalapenos and fries and a Blue Heaven Custard Doughnut for laughs.

Burger was great nice to have a different bun style rather than Brioche melbourne seems to be in love with. The Burger was sensational I smashed it. Not too juicy but really tasty. Service was good and all round would head back again.

4. Johnbu

Johnbu Member

I hate brioche rolls in anything, I find it too sweet and savory and detracts from the flavour of the other ingredients.

5. Active Snail

Active Snail Member

Arguably, thats the idea of them on burgers at every hipster joint now, to cover up shit ingredients. Longboards on the Gold Coast serves rubber thongs between brioche buns, but you know, because theyre brioche it must be good....

6. B3ND3R

B3ND3R Member

i went to "the local burger co" in croyden. nothing fancy, but the burgers were ace, great ingredients and spicy sauce.

7. Trevorrex

Trevorrex Member

Tried Huxtaburger in Collingwood recently. Was looking forward to it as I don't get to Melbourne all that often.

Was quite disappointed. The meat tasted and looked like it had been frozen for too long and then overcooked. Hard and grey. I don't know what their storage and cooking processes are but that's the impression I got.

The chips were quite average, not terrible or anything just rather ordinary.

8. shmity

shmity Member

Went to Easeys a few weekends ago. Food was excellent but service sucked a little, BUT it was pretty busy and they've only just opened so Ill let it slide. I was hungover as fuck and my friend ordered for me before i got there. Out comes a Melbourne Madness for me. Two patties, three slices of cheese, bacon, a potato cake, deep fried dimsim, jalepeneos, pickles, onion, mustard and sauce. This thing is a fucking beast. As gross as it all sounds, it worked well in my post imbibed state, cured the hangover (that may have been the pint i had with it though) and tasted pretty good. The patties were well prepared and cooked, jucy as hell and the taste still came through everything else that is going on in such a confused burger.

Dessert was a milkshake flavour filled donut that also kicked my ass.

Id reccomend for the burgers and the ability to sit in an old hitachi train carriage 6 storys above collingwood while you do it.

9. 6thgear

6thgear Member

I also went to Easey's. Food was quite good, pricing alright but my god the service was horrible.
    Sat around for 10 minutes when she said she will find us a table, she never returned so i asked the guy at the counter again and he said to go upstairs. Went upstairs and the original lady is there. It took 10 mins moving glasses around before showing us the table. Then we waited a further 5 mins for a menu before i just went up and asked for it.
    Ordering was all good and dandy. waited 15 minutes for drinks until getting fed up and just went over and asked " was i mean't to get these myself orr?????" to which the guy seemed confused to realise we had ordered drinks and had been waiting eons.
    Honestly i would only go back if i knew the service was fixed, it was pretty damn awful although the food was nice.

10. Diode

Diode Member

Can you please point out to me on this menu where it says all the burgers are vegetarian? http://www.lordofthefries.com.au/menu/

I've had a burger there before, it had meat. I look at this menu and 5 out of 6 burgers contain meat.

Congratulations, you don't live in a reality distortion field. Where the people that do think it's the bees knees don't realise it's just well packaged over priced hype.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2015
  11. dicer

dicer Member

I find Huxtaburger CBD better than Collingwood for some reason. Tastes fresher. Had the Collingwood one a few times, CBD more times than I can count.

12. shmity

shmity Member

Hahahahaha, Mock meat. Its a well known vegetarian chain.

All their shit is vegie or vegan. And its all delicious because they do it right.

13. jpw007

jpw007 Member

I didn't believe it either but their website is plastered with it and they're bloody amazing, i couldn't care less there is no meat since like said they nailed it

14. Lupuscrux

Lupuscrux Member

went to "Mick Adams Burger Bar" in oakleigh, will be heading back soon worth a try

15. ~Spyne~

~Spyne~ Member

srs? I'm sorry to tell you buddy, but that burger you had did NOT have any real meat in it.
    As stated, LOTF is a well-known vegetarian chain.

16. Ma Baker

Ma Baker Retired

17. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

18. Ma Baker

Ma Baker Retired

I don't think it's a full list it's just a list of burgers that people have told them about I believe. Just thought there might be some new ones on there that people hadn't tried.

19. timsarg

timsarg Member

you want to borrow my glasses mate ?? I dunnow what you think mock means but it aint meat :)

20. tzortst

tzortst Member

Went to Dribbles in Essendon, they were pretty crap!
    Paddy tasted like a pre-made coles one,
    It really felt like they were trying to get on the burger band wagon with no real knowledge of good burgers.