Best burgers in Melbourne

Discussion in 'Geek Food' started by Amfibius, Feb 20, 2012.

1. tykc

tykc Member

Grill'd is nice!

2. guy.incogneto

guy.incogneto Member

Get out.

[emoji14]

3. Skramit

Skramit Member

Grill'd when they first arrived 5 or 10 years ago.... were unique and interesting. The idea of a slow food burger as fast food was awesome. But as time has gone by and more american style burger places have opened up and there's burger places everywhere now, i find the grill'd burger so uninspiring and very average, the patty is like cardboard with no flavour and dry. The Grill'd bread roll buns they use are far inferior to the american brioche you get everywhere else now.

There are some nice filling combos at grill'd like the satay, or the chicken cesar etc etc. But I avoid grill'd now on 'burger day'. :)

4. Rubberband

Rubberband Member

Wife and I seem to have a mild reaction to Grill'd now. I love the flavours but they've switched recipes or something.

http://ribsandburgers.com/au/ is the only place we go to now and they seem to have real ingredients as we don't get any reaction to theirs.

5. Diode

Diode Member

I hit up Betty's again today with the team. Smiles all round. I tried the classic and I think the classic is where it's at for basic simple juicy fresh flavours. One had his with bacon and the bacon looked nice and crispy and he was very happy. For $5 more you can add an extra patty so I think a $15 double is pretty fair.

I tried the one of the Concretes, which is the other selling part of their brand. I had the Hot Fudge Doughnut: Contains... Vanilla custard, krispy kreme doughnut, hot fudge sauce, hazelnut crumble, vanilla cream... oh yeah it was good! :thumbup:

This place doesn't do much wrong, it's all pretty good!

6. Pepito

Pepito Member

Coburger last night.

[​IMG]

Was very good

And judging by the steady stream of Uber Eats drivers it's popular in the area.

==

7. StratosFear

StratosFear Member

My Local :)

A lot of selection and a well designed venue. However, I do find a lot of their burgers a bit too much (although their standard burger is pretty damn good.)

But a great addition to Coburg and a great name

8. QuakeDude

QuakeDude ooooh weeee ooooh

Whoa. 18 minute drive from my work - didn't even know this place existed! Sounds like a lunch trip is going to be warranted this week to check this out :lol:

9. Moakek

Moakek Member

So back home from Melbourne and the burgers I tried (with the best up top) were:

Royal Stacks
    Royale Bros
    Burger Project

Other than Royal Stacks the other 2 had too much bread %.

10. Kommandant33

Kommandant33 Member

haha Grill'd shill!

11. the_fuzz

the_fuzz Member

Hey Guys,

Coming down to Melbourne next week and staying near QV markets (200m away - North Melbourne) any decent burgers places around I can walk to?

12. ~Spyne~

~Spyne~ Member

You're in Melbourne - you can free tram anywhere in the CBD and then walk a short distance to most places.
    Bad Boys, 8Bit, Grand Trailer Park Taverna, Royal Stacks, Rocket Burger...all in the CBD.
    Wonky Trolley is also not very far from QV Market area.

13. Diode

Diode Member

Another new burger joint I tried last week to open in the CBD. ÜBurger which is located in Equitable Place. Not too bad, I tried the classic and for $9 it's an alright burger. However for $9 I think I'd prefer Rocket Burger and ÜBurger is going to have stiff competition from Betty's Burgers which is only 100m away and their classic is $10 and is amazing! For the price I'm willing to give it a few goes and while the lines at Betty's are still outside the door! Though don't let Betty's line put you off they somehow manage to get your takeaway order done in about 10 minutes!

IMO Betty's is the new king in the CBD because the whole package is so much better then the rest. Burgers, Fries, drinks and desserts are just a cut above the rest.

14. the_fuzz

the_fuzz Member

Sweet thanks - Will have to see how many I can try in 4 days ;)

15. Johnbu

Johnbu Member

Don't limit yourself to just burgers in Melb.

16. Kommandant33

Kommandant33 Member

Burger Bliss - glen Huntley - here as we speak.

17. Kommandant33

Kommandant33 Member

Wow - OKAY, so I had the Bliss Burger - there isn't a menu online so I can't shoot off what was in it - but it was goooooood
    [​IMG]

If you don't like pink pattys, let them know - lucky I like mine pink because this is how it comes out:

[​IMG]

my only issue with the outing was they didn't bring out napkins with the burger - but that was easily rectified.

I can't wait to go back and try out something else!

18. scips

scips Member

Thread bump.

Tried out the b.east last night. Hiked along with best mates-girlfriends-sister whose husband was playing a gig there.

Chips were 8/10 (just plain ol' potato but tasted fantastic)

Had a sexy beast (Double beef, double jack cheddar, double bacon, cos, tomato, tomato ketchup, smokey BBQ sauce & onion debris)

Pretty damn good, definitely not grill'd :p

Venue is like a retro live music dive bar but nice food, smiley staff and cool decor/vibe.

19. Supplanter

Supplanter Member

I tried Betty's on the weekend. After reading about it here I expected more. I tried the classic, it was small, and the burger itself was under-cooked. I don't mind rare meat, but not when the patty has a gristly fatty texture.

The concrete was alright, though.

20. jpw007

jpw007 Member

Anyone tried Burgles Burgers?

Went to go to the one at Knox a few weeks ago but its closed, and i was literally oppsosite it at Knox Tavern the week before and they were open :o

A new one is opening up at Balwyn though so plan on giving it a crack when they do. Not sure why they chose Balwyn of all places though :confused: