Best burgers in Melbourne

Discussion in 'Geek Food' started by Amfibius, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Phalanx

Phalanx Member

I like Grand Trailer Park (especially when it's a couple of hundred meters from work), but bloody hell they need to sort out their seating setup. Walk in. Be told there's a table soon, can order drinks. Line up for 5 minutes, get drinks, stand around with drinks until someone wanders around the restaurant to find you and gives you your table. Line up again to order food. I guess it helps them sell more drinks, because last time I was there I finished my beer before I had a table.

Anyway, finding most of my burgers these days come from Babu's, because they deliver and are consistently good. A little on the pricey side and I have no idea who eats their 300gm burger (so tempted to do so though) but never fails, comes with a range of sauces, and chips aren't too expensive,

2. Supplanter

Supplanter Member

It's been too long.

Juicy Gigi from BurgerLove:

[​IMG]

3. Skramit

Skramit Member

Went to Betty's Burgers in Elizabeth St... 6/10 IMO

For the size and quality I thought it was well over priced. The chips were good but the burger was very greasy with fat pouring out for all our burgers, and fairly small sized for the hefty fee....

4. TehCamel

TehCamel Member

anyone been to BetweenTwoBuns? Seems like they are a chain, got a few around now?
    One opened near me and wondering if it's worth going

5. Rubberband

Rubberband Member

Just moved to Doreen and the local place called Captain's Cove does really great burgers for about $10.

Chips are diabolical frozen crap.

Also giving up on Burgers and Ribs now, they've changed their recipe (making my lips tingle which makes me think they're not 'fresh' anymore) and they can't compete with Captain's Cove.

6. Diode

Diode Member

Anyone eating free Grilld Burgers for a week after donating $30 or more to Polished Man charity?

Waiting for the Grill'd sucks snobbery remarks in 3,2,1...

:p

7. Kommandant33

Kommandant33 Member

0.... they just aren't good burgers.

I like the way they have pivoted to being "healthy" alternative, but they lack taste and excitement IMO.

Mind you I haven't had one in a while - the last time was the new shop on Church St Richmond - and I haven't been back because there are 50 more burger shops that have impressed me more in the local area.

8. Diode

Diode Member

What some people can't look past to get a free burger. lol. If you really think they are tasteless, that it isn't even worthy of charitable freebies then something wrong with you people. lol. :Paranoid::lol:

9. HairyMerkin

HairyMerkin Member

Gorilla Grill and their waffle burger is my latest obession

10. Athiril

Athiril Member

I actually quite like them..

11. scrantic

scrantic Member

Tried this new place in Camberwell the otherday called Phat Stacks the other day accross the road from a new office.

Was OK I think I was there the first week they opened was a little underwealmed. They had some extrem burger that was $88 covered in gold or some shit. And some extrem milkshake with gold in it as well.

https://www.zomato.com/melbourne/phat-stacks-burgers-camberwell

12. Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan Member

Second this, Grill'd burgers are quite bland compared to the rest. For free though, I can't complain.

My favourite joint has to be La Burgery in Box Hill. No fancy aesthetics, just a good ol' tasty burger. Box hill seems like an awkward place for a burger joint, but it's located well away from the asian restaurants in the central BH.

If you like texas style burgers, it's hard to go past big boy bbq. Also there's Goody's in the CBD for a better made maccas alternative, and huxtaburger if you got dollars to splurge.

13. .Anon.

.Anon. Member

Goodies is absolute trash and should be sent back to queensland. Its a shame that people actually go in there thinking that place is even remotely good.

14. Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan Member

Like I said, Maccas alternative. Don't expect anything spectacular but it's certainly better than maccas for a similar price.

15. supasaiyan

supasaiyan Member

Big Boys is horrible...

16. caspian

caspian Member

went to Royal Stacks for lunch on Friday, quite good. very quick service, even during rush hour. burger had a good char on the patties. cheese fries were not what I had hoped, the sauce was very thick for shoestring fries.

I'll happily go again but stick with the regular fries.

17. .Anon.

.Anon. Member

Nah, no way. A grand Angus belts those trash between shitty buns out of the park

18. cbwolf

cbwolf Member

Had one of the best burgers of my life on Friday (and i'e had many burgers!).

I tried the "Le Bon Ton Cheesburgers" at 'Le Bon Ton' in Collingwood. Simply amazing.

Also their corn bread, fries and onion rings were magnificent :thumbup:

19. Diode

Diode Member

The food there looks amazing! Based off visual inspection you're on the money.

20. Ronald Reagan

Ronald Reagan Member

Went to royal stacks for the first time and got the double stack. Fast service. Undercooked meat (which I don't like). Cheese was tasty but not enough of it. For the price of a double stack here, I think I prefer huxtaburger. Royal stacks is more conveniently located to my workplace though, so I'll probably give it another try soon if I need a quick bite.