Best burgers in Melbourne

Discussion in 'Geek Food' started by Amfibius, Feb 20, 2012.

1. josh1990

josh1990 Member

Hi all, any decent burger joints near Moonee Ponds? Will be there for work for a few nights at the end of the month. Won't have a car, but happy to grab an uber if close enough. Staying at hotel on Ascot Vale road if that helps. Thanks

2. ~Spyne~

~Spyne~ Member

Depends how far you're willing I guess, but can STRONGLY recommend Dribbles on Mt Alexander Rd.Curator's Collective and Rude Boy are also within the vicinity. Ascot Food Store aren't too bad either.
    Straight Six, St Burgs and Juanita Peaches are all around 10min drive away.

josh1990 likes this.
  3. darknebula

darknebula Member

I keep trying burgers, but i keep going back to Cool Bean Kitchen for a fix.

Clucky Cow or the C Triple B

josh1990, ~Spyne~ and Kommandant33 like this.
  4. ~Spyne~

~Spyne~ Member

Yep, I'd be a fat(ter) blob if I was any closer to CBK (2+hrs is only JUST far enough to stop me going there regularly) :)

5. tobes

tobes Member

Chadstone is never a convenient location!

6. pop4

pop4 Member

In addition to those listed above by ~Spyne~, there's also Burger Kitchen pretty much next to Moonee Ponds station, and Demazzi's (next to Dribbles) also does burgers as well.

7. TehCamel

TehCamel Member

Apparently a St Burgs is opening new me soon.

8. STINGA

STINGA Member

9. TehCamel

TehCamel Member

nope, never been there yet, but it looks like a version of chilli cheese fries

10. josh1990

josh1990 Member

Thanks all, think I'll check out dribbles. There for 4 nights so I'll get there at some stage.

11. AERO

AERO Member

https://www.facebook.com/SimpsonsBurgers/

best burger ive ever had. the follow up to this is a place in yarrawonga at a place called the nakedtree.

simpson burgers make vegietarian among other variable burgers. i had the big one :)

12. ~Spyne~

~Spyne~ Member

Well I was in the CBD yesterday and was going to hit up Betty's but the place was packed - full inside with another 8-10 waiting outside.
    Rocket was not really dine-in and one of the busiest corners in Melb so went to 8bit. Marginally disappointed (compared to previous visits).
    First, they got my burger wrong, then the loaded chips were a let down with what looked & tasted like microwaved bacon (stupidly small diced) and onion...onion was possibly even raw. Not unpleasant, but not very good either.

Oh well, might be in the city in 3 weeks again, so will have to go somewhere else.

13. 6thgear

6thgear Member

I had the impossible burger from Burger Love recently. I'm not a vego at all in fact i will adamantly stay away from most meat free meals but wanted to try this after all i've seen on the impossible burger patty.

The burger itself was actually pretty good, at the moment all that is offered is a basic cheeseburger with the patty but i would say in terms of taste it was like a fish and chip shop patty which is by no means a bad thing. I even picked out some of the patty to compare with the beef one we also bought, the veg patty was just as moist and really did seem meat like in texture.
    Would buy again if it was a bit closer in cost to the meat version.

14. TehCamel

TehCamel Member

Went to Between Two Buns recently. Pretty impressed. good, thick, chunky patty. Not overly fatty (to the point that, even after a double or whatever they call it, I didn't have the grease sleeps)
    The cheesy fries were a little whatever, but maybe if I didn't bring them home first they would have been better

Would go again

15. ~Spyne~

~Spyne~ Member

Altona or Sunbury store?

16. TehCamel

TehCamel Member

Hoppers

17. ~Spyne~

~Spyne~ Member

I had no idea they'd opened new stores in Hoppers (and Williamstown, too!)

18. Rubberband

Rubberband Member

Until you start heading out to my neck of the woods:
    - Burger Lounge: Meh
    - Ribs and Burgers: Meh
    - Route 66: Don't bother

Would love a truly awesome burger place to open out my way, there are about a million new houses so there's definitely a market!

19. ~Spyne~

~Spyne~ Member

Have you tried Flame 400 in Watsonia Nth? I haven't been (live in Ballarat), but have in-laws in Doreen who say it's decent (though their burger tastes aren't as refined as mine...hah!)

20. Rubberband

Rubberband Member

If they are anything like the one in Greensborough, they're a definite pass.

In all fairness Burger Lounge isn't that bad, just not worth listing in a Best Burgers thread.