Best Burgers (including eats) around Brisbane

Discussion in 'Geek Food' started by Bold Eagle, Nov 21, 2015.

1. chrispy711

chrispy711 Member

I've recently been enjoying:
    Yiros Shop and The Flying Cock has rehashed the menu again. Some good burgs and fried chicken on offer.

2. OP
    OP
    Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle Member

Yiros looks really good - will have to give it a try.

The Flying cock has permanently fallen of our radar - as we went there one time and it was amazing (the Big Chook I think it was) went onother time and it was horrid with the chicken coating really doughy and almost undercooked and the other dish was - never again.

3. elvis

elvis Old school old fool

4. OP
    OP
    Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle Member

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
  5. ni9ht_5ta1k3r

ni9ht_5ta1k3r Member

6. doug81

doug81 Member

+1 for Miel Container - that place rocks!

7. OP
    OP
    Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle Member

We did Getta Burger tonight and I ordered the Getta BBC (not sure I like that naming - but it was absolutely awesome) and the missus had the Getta Mr Mustard:
    http://www.gettaburger.com.au/menu

One serve of Getta Fries between us and we finished them over 3 sittings (had about 1/2 in the shop and then wrapped them up and finished at home).

The BCC was definitely awesome but the Mr Mustard was a bit over the top and the mustard/sauces became a bit "tiresome" and to rich.

8. elvis

This one time, I went to Ze Pickle, and food-wanker-snapped my burger, and impressed all the ladies.

[​IMG]

9. Revenge

Revenge Member

The ladies do appear to be somewhat taken in with your display of your meat...

10. chrispy711

chrispy711 Member

I've had some nice burgs at Meil container.

Where can I get a nice cheap fish'n'chip shop type burger? I'm talking decor not updated for 30 years style. We use to go to Rainworth there was one there that was great.

11. Revenge

Revenge Member

They are becoming a rare beast the good old milk bar burger. A thing of beauty when done well and often cheap AF.
    I used to get a great one at some shitty looking place in Glenfield (SW Sydney) but the place changed hands and went to shit. Since then... nothing.

12. Reaper

Reaper Member

Lol burger. I call that a vertical salad. :)

So tempted to go to getta over at Bridgeman Downs today. You guys keep talking, about time I tried it. :)

Dunno about cheap, nowhere seems to be anymore, but Panda Inn at Petrie does a decent range during the day, and the fisho on Beeville road is good too for this type of food.

13. elvis

Dude, you haven't had Getta yet?

What are you doing wasting time on the Internet? You need to get there, stat!

The three ladies in the photo were my dinner dates for the evening. The hand out of nowhere was a random girl at the table next to us who was quite taken aback by the sheer size of it.

I ate it in about 10 minutes (was starving). By the time random-hand-girl had finished showing all her mates her photo, she turned back, saw my empty plate, and lost her shit. :lol:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  14. Reaper

Reaper Member

Tried a getta today. Eh, it was ok I suppose. The meat was only fully cooked on about one half of the pattie, the other half was still raw inside. It's a hamburger not a steak, should be at least just done. As a result the leftover meat juices overwhelmed the rest of the sauce. The bun was great, I love seeds. But if the pattie was fully cooked it would have been much better. Didn't seem to be any real taste to the meat either, just a hamburger pattie really.

Got a serve of chips too, while there was a pretty even spread of salt, the orange stuff which tastes awesome was too light on and only a about 4/10 chips had any on them. Serve was giant, they need a small size, I couldn't finish them. Good amount of crunch bits in there too, I love the crunchy bits with frie type chips. :)

Overall I'd go back and specify to cook the pattie better, but I can get pretty decent locally.

15. OP
    OP
    Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle Member

Which burger did you get?

The missus doesn't like the medium rare and so we ask for MW each time and that works.

I also like getting chips "well done" giving them that extra crunch.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  16. Reaper

Reaper Member

Just the standard burger. I always go base burger and chips when trying new places. Plus I'm not younger me anymore, or even me from last year, I get full a lot faster than I used to these days, so the bigger serves are sort of off the table.

When it comes to minced burger patties, I much prefer them to be grey right through. :) But a real steak, yea, red/pink in the middle please. :) Don't worry, I'm not one of those well done and tons of tomato sauce on top of a nicely season bit of meat people.

17. GTR27

GTR27 Member

Tried heaps of different places and Just Poppy's is easily the best (and pretty much wins every burger award in brisbane). Was super convenient when I lived at Darra and they were about 7 mins away.

Chompers is OK burgers (kinda american style heart attack ones), but their chips are amazing (cant remember what they were, aside from loaded with cheese, onion and other stuff).

18. c0ldm3th0d

c0ldm3th0d Member

went to "Burger Urge" at the airport DFO, was very surprising at the quality very nice burgers

19. DraGoN-BoY

DraGoN-BoY Member

Staying in the CBD makes Miel is my go to place, consistently really good burgers.

20. OP
    OP
    Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle Member

What is that monster called?

Ze Pickle is that the:
    Keep the posts coming I am updating the OP with links of "places of interests" and remember it doesn't have to just be about burgers but any awesome places you have been - photos, links and a personal review would be very helpful.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016