1. Win some Crucial goodies in OCAU's Christmas Treasure Hunt!
    Dismiss Notice

Best Burgers (including eats) around Brisbane

Discussion in 'Geek Food' started by Bold Eagle, Nov 21, 2015.

1. jcorney

jcorney Member

went there last friday, was not disappointed, food was decent, drinks were great including a nice double oak scotch

2. OP
    OP
    Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle Member

I really enjoyed there normal menu but we then went for their Facebook special - Burger and Fries for $15 - the Chicken was good but the cheeseburger - HJ Grill Masters is a lot better and is cheaper.

We went to Miss Kays at Springwood and had the M.K Special and the LudaKrisp, Poutine Fries on the side, and they were some very awesome burgers and well worth the visit and the cost was $3-4 more than what we would spend at HJ's for a feed.

3. jcorney

jcorney Member

off to Hudsons tonight, will see how that goes

4. OP
    OP
    Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle Member

Pics and review would be awesome with links.

5. chrispy711

chrispy711 Member

I recommend Jee's Burger in the city (valley fringe). I prefer the bacon cheese burger, though the chicken burger is tasty and absurdly large.

Charboys burger also do a good one.
    both available on uber eats.

Of all deliveries, I'd say the one we order most is Danny Boys. Best sandwiches around, and I love their broccoli cheddar soup.

Bold Eagle likes this.
  6. jcorney

jcorney Member

forgot about this thread, hudsons was ok, the platter was weird, it had 3 of a lot of things but still was only good for 2 people as far as the amount of food went

7. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Yeah. It was "OK".

Most of the American joints are pretty average. Pop up fad without much talent for it.

Smoke BBQ still does a reasonable job thankfully.

8. linkdup

linkdup Member

There is a new place over in East Brisbane that has some really good American BBQ, really smokey. The place is called Smokey Moo and they make a great pastrami on rye sandwich.

Will try Ze Pickle tomorrow after reading this thread :)

9. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

New American place at Newmarket shops there really does suck.

Thier buffalo wings are the pale non grilled nibbles with some half rate sauce drizzled on top. At the very least just coat and fry or grill them and cover in Frank's.

10. chrispy711

chrispy711 Member

Just had a friends b'day at Tipplers on James St. They still do some of my favourite wings around town. So many places do wings now, most are just rubbish.
    Tippler's are doing chicago style deep dish pizza. Haven't tried it, but would give it a go. (35$ though for 1, probably feeds 3-4 people).

Let's get the brisbane eats thread alive again!

11. jcorney

jcorney Member

made a massive mistake last night, gave bootleggers at chermside a crack (its walking distance)

my advice.....don't

12. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Yeah, could have told you that.

King of wings truck still does a solid job of wings.

Newstead Brewing Co went downhill, the one near Suncorp Stadium not so good.

Few pubs do an ok job though.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  13. OP
    OP
    Bold Eagle

Bold Eagle Member

I have been doing some Vietnamese of note over the previous 2 weeks.

One of the best and definitely a goto is Rice Paper in Warrigal Square Shopping Centre, Eight Mile Plains;
    https://www.zomato.com/brisbane/rice-paper-vietnamese-cuisine-eight-mile-plains
    We have been there at least 20 times and it is our baseline/benchmark.

A friend advised I try the Vietnamese at Inala but not the ones in the S/C (they are average at best) but those located about 1km away.

We went to Kim Son Vietnamese, Inala 2 w/e's ago;
    https://www.zomato.com/brisbane/kim-son-vietnamese-inala
    I think this is one that the Vietnamese goto and it had some very unusual dishes with very complex flavors and well worth a look. It looks tacky and rundown from the outside but inside is clean though dated and the food just exploded with flavor.

Last w/e we tried Pho An, I didn't realise it but Pho must mean soup and normally I wouldn't go out 'just for soup' but WOW I am glad I did. They only offer 2 chicken and 5 beef choices but although the place and decor looked tacky and garish and a flash back to the 80's the joint was packed and doing a high turn-over trade as customers just kept on coming.
    https://www.zomato.com/brisbane/pho-an-inala
    I had the chicken drumstick Pho whilst the other 3 I was with had variations of beef. Squirted the fresh lemon over the broth and then added the Vietnamese mint, sliced chili and beansprouts and had a taste and my mouth just started having tongue orgasms. It was incredible and after everyone had a quick taste of everyone else's dish we all went quite for the next 10minutes as we put our heads and really savored arguably the best soup I have had in my life (apart from my grandmother's minestrone). It was truly amazing and a completely different experience and well worth a visit.
    Pho An beef.jpg

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
  14. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Sounds good. But I'm just not driving to Inala for food, such a long way. If they get popular enough they may open another!

15. chrispy711

chrispy711 Member

I moved to Petrie Terrace about 2 years ago. Most of what I eat is in Petrie Terrace / Paddington area these days. A few other write ups:-
    --Tried a new place called Fat Belly Jacks, in Petrie Terrace. It's Nashville style hot chicken. Best fried chicken I've had, chicken burgers looked good as well. It's big heavy and greasy. You wouldn't eat it every day, but I loved it.
    --Brewski, on Caxton St, is easily my favourite bar in brisbane. They've just done a big reno, added a drink in bottle shop. Food is great, American style smoke house. Wings and Beef ribs (thursday nights) are the standouts.
    -- Aether brewing - Railway pde in Milton. Great little brewery, do some cracking beers. Their chicken wings are sensational.

16. Mynamewastaken

Mynamewastaken Member

Tried Wagaya Saturday night. Was pretty decent Japanese.

Their matcha IPA is interesting...

17. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Their Hot Ramen/Tonkotsu is super tasty. I'd personally leave out the pork mince from a texture perspective, but otherwise top notch.

18. linkdup

linkdup Member

Best Ramen in Brisbane is Men ya go on Albert Street in the City.

19. Benno1988

Benno1988 Member

Yeah they are good too from memory. Worth going to like Taros and Wagaya.

Hard to say best.

20. waltermitty

waltermitty Member

Northside (inner north preferably) recommendations for tonight?