Best Gaming Mouse

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by onthepulse, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Ma Baker

Ma Baker Retired

Moarkill and japes please take it to pm rather than keep arguing here. :thumbup:

Moarkill please edit your posts or use multi-quote.

2. japes

japes Member

I'm happy to help people make informed mice decisions in private message if they like :thumbup:

3. Smokin Whale

Smokin Whale Member

4. OP
    OP
    onthepulse

onthepulse Member

I need to go to a store where they have several different types on display. It's just hard to know if you're going to like the feel from screenshots and reviews.

I really dislike the look of all of those extra "wings" and things on the corsair and some of those logitech mice. The clean look of the zowie and razer appeals to me aesthetically. You know, like some people like converse shoes and some like nikes with all the bling. I like the simple aesthetic.

But perhaps I am just being narrow minded. And reacting to the look without trying. Which is why I would really like to feel them in action rather than just making an uninformed judgement.

Does anyone know of a store in Melbourne where they would have a decent range that could be tried? Perhaps centrecom in Springvale?

5. japes

japes Member

I've never been to PCCG but they stock one of the better ranges. It's a pity TheKoolRoom don't have a store address, as they were one of the first retailers stocking Zowie products in Australia and were super helpful for me.

If you've owned a Deathadder before, it's essentially an Intellimouse 3 clone: Zowie EC and the FK (slightly lower profile) will be about the same. The Steelseries Rival that I know you were looking at was also very similar.

If you found your old Deathadder comfortable then any of them are a solid choice, including the current generation Deathadder Chroma (looks like they got rid of the awkward rubber pads that they had on the 2013). I wouldn't buy a Razer personally, but it's probably the best choice from Razer currently and has been their best product for a long time.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  6. pittster

pittster Member

I now run a Logitech G400 but previously ran 3x MX518's over the last 10 years. Comfortable for me have enough buttons and DPI ( I run 800 normally) to do what I need. A+++ Mouse would recommend :)

7. OP
    OP
    onthepulse

onthepulse Member

By pure votes/volume only, it would seem consensus here would be that one of the Logitech mice is best. The G502/G602 or G9x.

Of course, everyone has their own opinion and preferred style.

I am thinking Zowie Fk1/EC1 Evo CL. And dark horse SS Rival.

But would also like to try some of these logitechs - just to see why people are recommending. I reckon it's been about 8-10 yrs since I've owned a logitech mouse, so it may be worth seeing what's on offer.

I feel like just going and buying a handful of mice right now. Just to write up my experiences and opinions. Maybe Santa has a bag full of gaming mice for me to review :thumbup:

8. power

power Member

MS Intellimouse V3 ruined me for Logitech mice, I just prefer the slightly curved spot there. :)

But I know a lot of people like Logitechs

9. leck

leck Member

some of the logitechs are fantastic mice in all areas, construction, accuracy and comfort. I had one ages ago but just didn't like the shape, preferring as power mentions the v3 type shape.

I'm 90% certain that scorptec (ocau sponsor too) in clayton - just off wellington rd has a bunch of mice on display and they have a pretty big range of logitech (and others) on the wall so i'm sure they would demo some for you if you wanted to test hand shape. They offer some discount for ocau members too from memory :)

pccasegear around the corner (near wellington/springvale intersection) carry the zowies (and logitech/ss/razer etc) but they are more an order fulfillment store. They don't have a showroom or anything, you just walk in, present your order number, pay, get the stuff, and leave. They may demo something for you if asked but i haven't tried/asked about it before.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  10. Davo1111

Davo1111 Member

I have the logitech g500 and the logitech g9x. Was also looking at the Roccat and the Cyborg Rat 7 but played it safe.

G9X is my daily driver, and the G500 is the backup. Prior to that I went down the intellimouse range. I had about 5 in a row.

imo the G500 is bigger and move of a "whole hand" support. G9x is more of a smaller mouse (but wide) and has less palm coverage. The weight adjustability in the G9x is kinda pointless to me, but i do have it adjusted to my liking.

If I saw it on sale, i'd buy the G9x again, although it's a bit gimicky with all its profiles, colours, lights and weights. If I was a mouse designer, i'd move the thumb button further forward.

11. OP
    OP
    onthepulse

onthepulse Member

Yeah I work like 200m from PCCaseGear - which is good an bad... Sooo tempting. But as you say, just a warehouse with nothing on display. I'll try Scorptec.

PCC just got the SS Rival 100 in stock. Not sure how it compares to the Rival 300. Time to do some Google research. $59 price is pretty attractive...

EDIT: I see the difference now. It's the shape. It's much flatter than the 300. For a different grip style apparently. And the sensors are not exactly the same.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2015
  12. Hatlesschimp

Hatlesschimp Member

I was all set on the Razer naga epic chroma but just a little concerned now after seeing this video. I like the wireless idea but think I may end up just being plugged in all the time and also is there too many buttons to actually use? Would love someones thoughts who owns a Naga. Thanks!!!

13. japes

japes Member

End up picking anything up onthepulse?

14. OP
    OP
    onthepulse

onthepulse Member

Get paid on the 15th of each month. Waiting to buy myself a Xmas present. SS Rival or Zowie Fk1. I want the 3310 sensor.

15. Camm

Camm Member

FK feels shorter and smaller than the rival, almost like an old microsoft intellimouse

16. japes

japes Member

Just a heads up; Zowie has revamped the visuals of their entire line and they've now become the gaming line for BenQ. The new designs are expected to hit stores in the US/Europe this month.

I'm keen as for the new G-SR mousepad, but the mice look good too - same models, just new visuals; can be seen on their website.

17. KickAssKepler

KickAssKepler Member

Logitech MX Master ftw...

18. mesaoz

mesaoz Member

As I've posted previously, no not FTW (for gaming).

Excellent mouse, but terrible for Moba/RTS/Competitive FPS.

Fine for wow, fallout 4 (surprisingly) and whatever else. Anything that requires direct response and no built in mouse smoothing and acceleration (particularly DIFFERENT sensitivity for x and y axis...) is no good on the MX Master.

*personal opinion based on my personal use yada yada

** I'm sure you could get used to it eventually

19. bobbyjimmy

bobbyjimmy Member

Looks the same as an SS Dex.

20. japes

japes Member

Was looking at just grabbing a QcK+ but decided I'll wait for the new Zowie line up and give it a crack. :thumbup: