Best Hotel View in Sydney

Discussion in 'Holidays & Travel' started by aussie-revhead, Feb 21, 2014.

1. aussie-revhead

aussie-revhead Member

Guys, while this isn't really travel it might help some that are travelling: I am looking for somewhere to stay in Sydney CBD with a great view of the harbour, can anyone tell me if they have stayed somewhere like this?

Keep it clean plzzz.

:thumbup:

2. yoink

yoink Member

What's your budget?

3. blankpaper

blankpaper Member

if you're thinking about NYE, you'd best be thinking about 2015/2016, i think harbour view places book out ridiculously early.

4. OP
    OP
    aussie-revhead

aussie-revhead Member

I have thought about NYE but this is for an anniversary.

Less=better but of course it wont be cheap, so Im not looking at Kerry Packer type apartments etc. SHow me anyway and I will decide if its worth it ....

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  5. jtir

jtir Member

Park Hyatt should easily have the best views of the Harbour.

Shangrila and Four Seasons only the harbour facing high levels rooms would have a view.

6. cbb1935

cbb1935 Guest

Shangri-La Hotel - Horizon Club Premier Grand Harbour View Room (yes its a mouthful).

Get the Emerald City Package (breakfast, parking, free wifi), and the Horizon club is worth the extra money!!

From memory about $550-$800 per night depending on what day of week.

7. OP
    OP
    aussie-revhead

aussie-revhead Member

Park Hyatt looks awesome, what a location but $1060 for a Friday night stay ....

:eek:

8. jtir

jtir Member

Other alternatives with harbour views

Pier One - www.pieronesydneyharbour.com.au
    Not far from Park Hyatt, I checked a Friday a month from now and its just under $500 (21-22 Mar 14)

Sir Stamford Circular Quay
    $469 21-22 Mar 14

Pullman Quay
    No idea on pricing

What ever you do, skip Darling Harbour hotels. Habourside shopping centre is a tourist trap. The Star has recently renovated and has a nice selection of shops/restaurants, but your still stuck on the wrong side of the harbour.

9. the_fuzz

the_fuzz Member

If cost is an issue, look at north sydney harbour view. Stayed there years ago, awesome views and decent price I.e. $300 a night inc breakfast

10. OP
    OP
    aussie-revhead

aussie-revhead Member

Any examples on north side to look at?

11. Tekin

Tekin Member

Park Hyatt is pretty nice.

Side story: My wife actually lived there for 6 months, mon-fri on a consulting gig. Generally ended up having one of the suites if it wasn't booked out.

As a young, hot consultant staying in the hotel by herself, the bellboys, conceiges and kitchen staff were all quite distraught when I turned up as her husband one week.

Anyways.

12. cbb1935

cbb1935 Guest

ShangriLa > Park Hyatt imho.

Park Hyatt you are "on the foot" of the Harbour Bridge, ditto Pullman Quay Grand (you can't see Opera House).

Pullman Quay West Suites is another one to look at.
    Four Seasons (depends on the room).

That said with Shangri-La you can actually go in their and ask the guest services desk, and they'll show you a room (if they have one spare). That's when I booked the Shangri-La to propose to my (now) wife.

13. RaGH

RaGH Member

I've stayed at the Shangri La in a harbour viewing suite. Was about $500-600 a night and was a good size room and had an amazing view. Dined at the restaurant at the top of the hotel which had awesome views too so that's a good recommendation for an anniversary dinner.

When we ate there though, we ended up having a degustation meal hosted by some NZ winery so it was $120pp inc wine (6-7 glasses each) and we got hammered as we hit the bar afterwards. From what I remember the food was good, and the bar next door had decent views too.

14. 5tumpy

5tumpy Member

Quay West Apartments have Harbour View Apartments, similar view to the Shangrila but much cheaper...

There are also serviced apartments on the East side of Circular Quay... IIRC it's a Pullman Hotel...

The Intercontinental also has nice views, but I've only stayed on the Kings Cross side of the hotel...

15. vec

vec (Taking a Break)

Another vote for Shangri-La and/or Park Hyatt.

16. jtir

jtir Member