Best place to buy a new phone, online or instore....

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Devices' started by Opti, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Opti

Opti Member

I want to by a new phone for my daughter. The last new phone I bought was from eBay, an S6 Edge, and the home button hasn't worked since day one and the seller is an absolute PITA to deal with so I just dont want to buy off any of those sellers again.
    So other than JB's, HN's and The Good Guy's, and the telco outlets, where else can I buy from? Or who would you recommend?

2. nin82

nin82 Member

Have bought a number of phones for myself and relatives from ocau forums, all have turned out great :thumbup:

The missus did manage to get an s7 for cheap from officeworks by utilising their 5% cheaper pricematch policy when another store had a sale on. As were were going overseas on holiday at the time she could also claim the gst back too under the tourist refund scheme, so in the end the price of the phone worked out to be not much more expensive than a grey import.

Keep an eye on ozbargain :Pirate:

3. OP
    OP
    Opti

Opti Member

Thanks... I kinda need to get something buy next week.:shock:
    Its amazing how every seller on evil bay have massive amounts of negs about dud phones etc, and some of them have not even 1000 feedback count. I run an eBay store myself and have nearly 5k of feedback and it 100%. Its not that hard. Really goes to show how dodgy they are, and they're just in it for a quick buck. Once they get banned, or pass the income threshold where the ATO steps in, they just open up another account and start again.

4. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

Unless it was a $20 phone I'd never buy one off ebay/gumtree.

These places are ok, at least you get to return easily if there is a problem.

I usually get mine through telcos these days.

5. Houston

Houston Member

I have no issues buying from places like Kogan, DWI, T-Dimension etc. Bought about 10 phones in the last 2-3 years and all have been perfect (there is always paypal chargebacks in the unlikely event something does go wrong). Much better value than paying 30-50% more for local Australian stock.

6. Quelch

Quelch Member

Bought my Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro from Vickmall in China
    I did a lot of research first
    They have a very good rep I received the phone in seven days as promised
    The phone was exactly as specified
    Very happy with the service and phone

7. MR CHILLED

MR CHILLED D'oh!

I'm a bit wary with them tbh, I hear quite a few not so good stories from time to time.

8. nicholasporison

nicholasporison Member

I wont recommend to purchase from any online store because of the trust factors. Recently i faced a scam :(