Best power supply.

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Hardware' started by eastley, Oct 8, 2008.

1. Terminatus

Terminatus New Member

mine is just about as close as you will get to silent.

2. R1TeAm

R1TeAm Member

i would go with a zalman 600watt heatpipe psu if you want silent performance or a silverstone 650watt modular psu but hay what do i know sigh check sig to find out

3. Sootymooty

Sootymooty Member

+1 for the Corsair HX520/620. Powerful, efficient, quiet and reasonably priced. There's a reason why many of us recommend it - because '....we have one!' and we have one because it's good!

Oh. And it's modular.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2008
  4. ravescar

ravescar Member

+1 on Corsair being modular, great for cable management.

5. coltzer

coltzer New Member

PSU

I currently use an antec true power trio 650W, good value, 3 rails for stability with numerous devices.

I hear a lot of fuss about enermax but dont personally find them worth the extra cost compared to others.

Coolermaster appears to be a fairly solid brand.

Gigabyte also just jumped into the psu market recently with the odin, and it got good reviews, i personally want th 1200w odin if i upgrade.

As for corsair i havnt heard much about them and generally avoided them as they are renowned for making RAM, not PSU's, but then again gigabyte make MoBo's.

6. rhinobeetle

rhinobeetle Member

recently built a new system (in sig), ordered a Corsair 750w TX. wasnt in stock and had to wait a few weeks, but got a Coolermaster 700w silent pro modular.
    both are mint units, coolermaster unit is modular and a little quieter (not that anything drowns out my radeons heh) corsair isnt modular but has more amps on the 12v rail.

modular is great n all, but i usually end up using at least 1 plug off each cable and if your going to have to plug in every modular cable theres not point tbh

7. DeXtOrAu

DeXtOrAu Member

wrong!!! They have good 12v rails....look at the amps. They are not that well stocked these days and even wholesalers have run out. They are really popular..

8. DeejW

DeejW Member

I cant believe know one has mentioned Enermax. They absolutely destroy hx620w. And I know because I have had both. the Hx620w was far too loud, for pure silent power get a modu82+, runs my sig perfect

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article806-page1.html

9. renagade

renagade Member

10. Reginald85

Reginald85 Member

+1 for Zalman
    Im running an 850W silent pipe and it has been fantastic, cant hear a thing :thumbup:

11. decayed.cell

decayed.cell Member

Backed up with X-bit labs tests however a word of warning. I purchased 3, two were faulty and sent back, one came back faulty again but the other was fine. I suspect that the current batch is bad. I can assure you that it is silent.